[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dodgers aquire Maddux

HowboutthemCowboys

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude has one good game and you're ready to start blowin him.. And keep your shorts on dude - he beat the Padres, a team who ranks 28th out of 30 teams in batting average. :wacko:

Ummm...I didn't repeat the stat line to soup, it was a new one that was consistent with the first one since he was done.

Dude has one good game and you're ready to start blowin him.. And keep your shorts on dude - he beat the Padres, a team who ranks 28th out of 30 teams in batting average. :wacko:

Yep, I'm almost positive that Padres stat you mentioned hurt Maddux during his 14 game no decision streak...at one point he had like 8 starts in a row with 2 or less runs pitched and he got a no decision.

I am not arguing that Maddux is anything like he used to be, but he can still turn in a good performance.

Screw shorty, I'm happy watching my boys kick ass.

I'm still here dude.. And nice of you to jump on the Dodgers bandwagon once they take over first place. Typical New Yorker I suppose.. Where were you 2 weeks ago when this post started? Oh yeah - the Yankees were kind of still in the race!!

Season isn't over yet. Dbacks look like the worst team in baseball right now. I'm cant argue that. Doders on the other hand are pulling a Colorado Rockies from last year - getting hot at the right time. While the Dbacks are on life support, I'm not pulling the plug yet. There's still 17 games left.

I'm still here dude.. And nice of you to jump on the Dodgers bandwagon once they take over first place. Typical New Yorker I suppose.. Where were you 2 weeks ago when this post started? Oh yeah - the Yankees were kind of still in the race!!

Season isn't over yet. Dbacks look like the worst team in baseball right now. I'm cant argue that. Doders on the other hand are pulling a Colorado Rockies from last year - getting hot at the right time. While the Dbacks are on life support, I'm not pulling the plug yet. There's still 17 games left.

I never check this forum. Trust me, I've been "on the bandwagon" for a lot longer than the last week.

I never check this forum. Trust me, I've been "on the bandwagon" for a lot longer than the last week.

I'll take your word for it..

:wacko: Already furious with my team, not in the mood to debate in here anymore.. :D

Edited by Shorttynaz

was'nt televised here, wondering why they took him out..68 pitches was all he threw I thought I read...

He seems to be on a pretty low pitch count in all of his starts at this point. I don't see him getting too close to 100 ever. I'm guessing they have both that and an innings thing: get us to the 7th Greg, and we'll turn it over to our bullpen. Torre is handling him very well and the results are clear.

was'nt televised here, wondering why they took him out..68 pitches was all he threw I thought I read...
He seems to be on a pretty low pitch count in all of his starts at this point. I don't see him getting too close to 100 ever. I'm guessing they have both that and an innings thing: get us to the 7th Greg, and we'll turn it over to our bullpen. Torre is handling him very well and the results are clear.

Not. It was the bottom of the 7th inning with the 7,8,9 hitter coming up so they pinch hit for him.

Figures, a performance like that and another no decision. Reminds me of his ole Padres days...:wacko:

Well, crap.

Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA

G Maddux 5.0 9 7 7 0 1 1 61-41 4.31

Looks like another loss under the belt for my boy unless the Dodgers score 7 runs in the next couple of innings. I was hoping he could break in to the 360s in career wins this season for a shot at the 370s next year to put a little distance between he and Clemens. I don't think he is gonna make it. :wacko:

Edited by I Like Soup

Dude has definitely been SUBPAR for the Dodgers.

Maddux is 1-4 with a 5.71 ERA in six starts since being acquired from the Padres. If anything, he's working against the Dodgers. They're going to make the playoff's, but Maddux possibly is going to be left off the playoff roster!

I can't disagree there. Shoot, if Maddux started doing steroids, he would last longer than Nolan Ryan! :wacko:

I'm not going to agree with Shortty in saying Maddux is done, however some of the people in this post are making Maddux sound like the Messiah of pitchers. Dude has definitely been SUBPAR for the Dodgers.

Maddux is 1-4 with a 5.71 ERA in six starts since being acquired from the Padres. If anything, he's working against the Dodgers. They're going to make the playoff's, but Maddux possibly is going to be left off the playoff roster!

Who would that be? It isn't me seeing as how I agreed he's no better than a #4....and they won't leave him off the roster. He contributes far more than pitching with his knowledge. He'll probably go middle relief.

BTW - as of right now you can buy Dodger playoff tix to any game at face value. I picked up 4 pairs this morning, fishing for a Cubs appearance out here. 4 pairs of playoff tickets set me back $400.oo.

I wish, I can't afford the plane tickets out from NYC.

Maybe for the World Series.

Sweet. Maddog passes Clemens for career wins. And, with a very Maddux-like efficient game. 6ip 2 hits, 1ER...47 pitches!

End of the season for him. I wish during that streak of 14 or 15 games without a decision after the All Star Break he hadn't been with the Padres. There were 5 or 6 games like the one above that he should have gotten under his belt with a W.