[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mathias Kiwanuka

Sprtfan

Hard to say. I decided to omit him from the latest rankings update after the Umenyiora news, mainly because the Strahan un-retirement was a distinct possibility.

In my final ranking update(s), I'll probably include him in the late 20's to mid 30's. The position has always net good fantasy output, it could be a matter of how studly Tuck will be on the other end. Assuming he'll probably do pretty well, there's no reason to think Kiwanuka won't put up solid stats.

If you average Kiwanuka's 9 rookie starts at RE in 2006 over 16 games, he was on a 75-tackle, 7-sack pace. No way he maintains a 75-tackle pace over a full season, but those high tackle numbers illustrate his ability to shed blocks and make stops in short range. If he gets to 10+ sacks, I believe Kiwanuka has a real chance to finish among the top 10 DL this season.

:wacko:

If you average Kiwanuka's 9 rookie starts at RE in 2006 over 16 games, he was on a 75-tackle, 7-sack pace. No way he maintains a 75-tackle pace over a full season, but those high tackle numbers illustrate his ability to shed blocks and make stops in short range. If he gets to 10+ sacks, I believe Kiwanuka has a real chance to finish among the top 10 DL this season.

KIWANUKA OKAY

Posted by Mike Florio on September 5, 2008, 7:46 a.m.

On the last play of Thursday night’s game between the Redskins and the Giants, ‘Skins left tackle Chris Samuels dragged down Giants defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka from behind, prompting Kiwanuka to grab at the area above his ankle after the play.

It was a scary moment for Giants fans, and the broadcast was over before anyone had any idea as to Kiwanuka’s status.

But Giants fans can exhale this morning; x-rays were negative and Kiwanuka was walking around the locker room after the game.

“When he went down, I know you were just like me: ‘Aw, get out of here. Not again,’” defensive end Justin Tuck said to defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo.

Though the Giants avoided losing their third defensive end since Super Bowl XLII, Tuck suggested that the move by Samuels wasn’t an accident.

“You never think a guy’s out there trying to hurt another guy, but it happened and we move on from it,” Tuck said. “Obviously it ruffled some feathers.”

It’ll be interesting to see if those feathers are unruffled when these two teams get together again on November 30.