[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alaska and Pot

H8tank

So how confident is Obama really if he is now taking time to go after the bottom half of the Republican ticket and claim that he has more experience than Palin?

He isn't. All of this stuff it all coming just from reporters digging a little into Palin's past. What should have happened in vetting.

Obama and Biden have thus far stayed away from it. Except to tell the press to back off her kid, of course.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how confident is Obama really if he is now taking time to go after the bottom half of the Republican ticket and claim that he has more experience than Palin?

Puhleez. It's such an obvious and glaring target that he he would be remiss if he didn't bring it up.

He isn't. All of this stuff it all coming just from reporters digging a little into Palin's past. What should have happened in vetting.

This investigation has been going on since early August, it's been in the local papers, and McCain's campaign obviously knew about it. Obviously, they don't think that it's a big deal.

That's the whole point. McCain's judgement.

McCain exercised poor judgement by picking a running-mate who fought against corruption in Alaskan Law Enforcement? I'd like to see you win that argument in the court of public opinion.

I could respond to the "judgement" statement with a reference to Bill Ayers or Jeremiah Wright, but that would be too easy. :wacko:

Obama and Biden have thus far stayed away from it. Except to tell the press to back off her kid, of course.

Obama was going after her last night on CNN, claiming that he had more experience from running his campaign than she's had in her political career.

McCain exercised poor judgement by picking a running-mate who fought against corruption in Alaskan Law Enforcement? I'd like to see you win that argument in the court of public opinion.

I could respond to the "judgement" statement with a reference to Bill Ayers or Jeremiah Wright, but that would be too easy. :wacko:

:D Judgment in the entirety of picking her as his running mate, not just on the one topic. Nice straw man you are building there.

Link, please? I watched a lot of CNN last night and don't remember that.

:D

Barack Obama contends that he is more experienced in executive matters than Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin because he has managed his presidential campaign for the past 18 months.

Speaking on a cable news channel Monday night, the Democratic presidential nominee said he is better prepared to handle a disaster like Hurricane Gustav because of his pursuit of the White House.

“Well, my understanding is that Governor Palin’s town of Wasilla has, I think, 50 employees. We’ve got 2,500 in this campaign. I think their budget is maybe $12 million a year. You know, we have a budget of about three times that just for the month. So I think that our ability to manage large systems and to execute I think has been made clear over the last couple of years,” Obama said.

John McCain’s spokesman called the suggestion “laughable.”

“For Barack Obama to argue that he’s experienced enough to be president because he’s running for president is desperate circular logic and its laughable. It is a testament to Barack Obama’s inexperience and failing qualifications that he would stoop to passing off his candidacy as comparable to Governor Sarah Palin’s executive experience managing a budget of over $10 billion and more than 24,000 employees,” said spokesman Tucker Bounds.

Republican National Committee Victory 2008 Chairwoman Carly Fiorina also blasted the Democratic campaign.

“I am appalled by the Obama campaign’s attempts to belittle Governor Sarah Palin’s experience. The facts are that Sarah Palin has made more executive decisions as a mayor and governor than Barack Obama has made in his life,” Fiorina said, adding that the Obama camp’s attacks raise the question of sexism.

“Because of Hillary Clinton’s historic run for the presidency and the treatment she received, American women are more highly tuned than ever to recognize and decry sexism in all its forms. They will not tolerate sexist treatment of Governor Palin,” she said.

:wacko:

:D Judgment in the entirety of picking her as his running mate, not just on the one topic.

So, McCain exercised really poor judgement in picking a running mate that agrees with him on most positions and shares his value of doing what he wants instead of what the Republican base wants? :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

:wacko:

So, McCain exercised really poor judgement in picking a running mate that agrees with him on most positions and shares his value of doing what he wants instead of what the Republican base wants? :D

Ya... he did Bill. Really poor judgement. He made his decision based on her gender almost exclusively and you can make whatever arguments you want to the contrary, but they certainly won't convince me.

And do you really want someone who is nothing more than a "yes" man (or woman as the case may be)? If his running mate pretty much agrees with him on everything, whene does that person ever challenge him to think about other ideas or ways of approaching things? Sounds like a lemming to me. She brings nothing to the table except her gender.

Edited by Cunning Runt

If memory serves me correctly, Palin was elected governor in the same year Obama was elected to the senate.?

Obama is on the top of his ticket and Palin is on the bottom of her party's ticket.

So, a man with two years experience as a senator is qualified to be president, but a woman with two years experience as a governor is not qualified to be VP?

And, how much experience does Obama really have as a Senator? He, himself, says he's been running a campaign for the past 18 months, doesn't leave much time for senatorial duties.

Edited by SEC=UGA

If memory serves me correctly, Palin was elected governor in the same year Obama was elected to the senate.?

Obama is on the top of his ticket and Palin is on the bottom of her party's ticket.

So, a man with two years experience as a senator is qualified to be president, but a woman with two years experience as a governor is not qualified to be VP?

And, how much experience does Obama really have as a Senator? He, himself, says he's been running a campaign for the past 18 months, doesn't leave much time for senatorial duties.

Wow somebody gets it.

#1 vs #2 (Both are not qualified)

Falling rocks a comin

If his running mate pretty much agrees with him on everything, whene does that person ever challenge him to think about other ideas or ways of approaching things?

Palin supports drilling ANWR, McCain is opposed.

That is just one, there are many others.

That's for the best.

As long as we don't invade Iran.

There were two articles on this earlier this week, one in the jerusalem post and the other in the Turkish newspaper Hurriyet, that the Dutch intelligence group is suspending their espionage efforts, currently underway, on the Iranian nuclear facilities due to the US planning an attack on said facilities in the "coming weeks". Very interesting.

Was gonna respond, but will take the high road.

Feel free to explain how a man with two years of senatorial experience is more qualified to be president than a woman with two years of gubenatorial experience is to be VP.

Is it purely philisophical, or have his oratory skills just made you smitten with him?

Ya... he did Bill. Really poor judgement. He made his decision based on her gender almost exclusively and you can make whatever arguments you want to the contrary, but they certainly won't convince me.

Kind of like how Dem voters selected a Presidential candidate based almost exclusively on his charisma and the color of his skin? Or was it Obama's extreme leftist voting record and close association with radial anti-Americans that wowed them? :wacko:

Palin's gender was a factor, but only one of many. Her values, voting record, executive experience, record of non-partisanship, youth, and enthusiasm were also contributing factors.

Ya, but I heard the pot in Alaska is REALLY good because of the climate...

Okay, just wanted to make sure we kept to the topic of the thread so it wouldn't get blown up!!!

I figure if we add in a post here and there based on the topic header, they can't drop it as being too political... :wacko:

Continue...

Okay, just wanted to make sure we kept to the topic of the thread so it wouldn't get blown up!!!

I figure if we add in a post here and there based on the topic header, they can't drop it as being too political... :wacko:

Continue...

The Alaskan Josh Gordon makes the toothless native women look hawt. It's the only way the can manage to procreate that sub species, homostumpy-frigidian.

Continue...

I covered that here

Mission accomplished

7 TVs

7Wiis

Life is good