[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

O VER RA TED!

BS Miscreant

USC aside, the Pac-10 did NOT have a good week.

While last year's Patriots would have lost 6 games in the SEC, they would lose 9 out of 10 against USC. The only reason USC would lose once is because on the 10th game, USC would come in overconfident and cocky and as a result, make silly mistakes.

• 3 weeks later...
Inspired by some conversation in the "Michigan's backfield" thread:

How can a conference be overrated if "everyone" says they suck?

Big Ten has 5 teams in the USA Today Top 25/ 4 in the AP. I'd say there's plenty of room for demonstrating overratedness.

By the way, SEC has 6 teams and 4 in the top 10/11. I'd say that even if they are really, really good this year and one of those teams wins the NC they will still probably end up being collectively overrated. That many teams, that highly ranked is a tall order to live up to.

And speaking of tall orders, the Big 12 has 5 teams in the top 15. Good luck hanging onto that.

So, how those ranking looking so far?

• 1 month later...
Inspired by some conversation in the "Michigan's backfield" thread:

How can a conference be overrated if "everyone" says they suck?

Big Ten has 5 teams in the USA Today Top 25/ 4 in the AP. I'd say there's plenty of room for demonstrating overratedness.

By the way, SEC has 6 teams and 4 in the top 10/11. I'd say that even if they are really, really good this year and one of those teams wins the NC they will still probably end up being collectively overrated. That many teams, that highly ranked is a tall order to live up to.

And speaking of tall orders, the Big 12 has 5 teams in the top 15. Good luck hanging onto that.

Big Ten now has 3 teams in the BCS top 25. Not much of a drop off.

SEC now has 4 teams in the BCS top 25 and three in the top ten eleven. #1, #4 and #11 is pretty darn good but overall a drop off.

Big XII now has 3 in the top 5 and 4 in the top 15. Pretty comparable with the initial standings.

Dang! Maybe nobody's overrated. :wacko: