[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"IDP INTERACTIVE"

keggerz

Introducing

IDP INTERACTIVE

"IDP INTERACTIVE" is a new weekly content piece that will allow people in the forum to ask questions regarding their fantasy teams

and receive a very in depth answer. For this to work and work well questions will need to include some specific information so that

all angles can be looked at and covered. The more info the better!

What needs to be included with your questions(Trade questions, WDIS, waiver acquisitions etc):

1. Your question.(can be about who to start, trade advice, waiver advice, roster composition, how to assess value of offensive players in a deal etc)

2. Link to your league will be very helpful.

3. Roster(s) (including opponents for match-up reasons)

4. Starting requirements

5. Scoring

Each week I will start a new thread and that is where questions are to be submitted.

The catch is that you will have to check the paid content area on Saturdays to see which

question(s) were selected to be answered that week.

I (most likely Darin too) will make every effort to answer the questions that are posted in the weekly thread,

they just wont be as in depth as the "IDP INTERACTIVE" answers will be.

Next week will be the official kickoff but lets go ahead and utilize this thread for questions this week because if possible we will try get an IDP INTERACTIVE up for tomm if at all possible.

Here is to hoping that everyone finds this new content an added value to our current IDP content.

If you have any recommendations that may help to make this an even better feature by all means

your input is greatly appreciated.

Edited by keggerz

I like this idea a lot. :wacko:

There are a lot of people who may be new(er) to IDP leagues, but have played standard leagues for years. It can really make you feel like a noob tool again to have to ask questions that a more polished IDPer may find rediculous.

One of the concepts I've struggled with since my venture into the mind-boggling world of IDP is back-ups. Specifically, the concept of whether to go after injury replacement players. Allready this year you have guys like Jyles Tucker, Kieth Ellison, Mathius Kiwanuka, and Jim Leonhard stepping in (or at least potentially) for very productive players. Are these guys immediate pick-ups? Would you use a waiver spot to get one? Is there a huge talent drop off and how close could these guys come to the production of the starters? The depth and availability of players in the FA pool obviously has something to do with the answers, but is there a concept that works well? In standard fantasy leagues players are used to the concept of hand-cuffs. We'll stash the back-up to our star players on our own benches just in case they go down rather than trying to fill our bench with starters from other teams. Does anybody do this in IDP? Would you back up Crowell with Ellison just for a time like this? When he does do you automatically go get Ellison or are you better off with a guy who was allready playing?

Thanks in advance if this gets addressed. :D

Ok, Part II... upon further review...

I have lost Crowell for the year off my allready bad LB corps. 16 team league and I have to start 4 LBs. My starters right now are Greenway, Wilkinson and G.Hayes ( :wacko: ) so the loss of Crowell really hurt. (Luckily my Offense has Romo, LT, and Westbrook) My depth is just as bad, so the question is, do I run right out and get Ellison or some other LB that's available?

FA LBs

I have lost Crowell for the year off my allready bad LB corps. 16 team league and I have to start 4 LBs. My starters right now are Greenway, Wilkinson and G.Hayes ( :D ) so the loss of Crowell really hurt. (Luckily my Offense has Romo, LT, and Westbrook) My depth is just as bad, so the question is, do I run right out and get Ellison or some other LB that's available?

FA LBs

Thanks for the link.....I am going to put this post together how I would like to receive questions using the info from the link you supplied

My Roster: http://football10.myfantasyleague.com/2008...O=07&F=0005

FA LBs

Starting Requirements: Total Starters: 19: 1QBs, 2-3RBs:, 3-4 WRs, 1-2TEs, 1PKs, 3DL(DT+DEs), 4LBs, 3DBs(CB+Ss)

Scoring: 2pt/tackle, 1pt/assist, 2pt/fumb recv 2pts/forced fumb 2pts/int

1.5pts/pass defended 3pts/sack 2pts/safety 6pts/TD

Roster Spots: 35

Taxi Squad: 12

Above would be a perfect way for the posts to be made :wacko:

Edited by keggerz

I have lost Crowell for the year off my allready bad LB corps. 16 team league and I have to start 4 LBs. My starters right now are Greenway, Wilkinson and G.Hayes ( :wacko: ) so the loss of Crowell really hurt. (Luckily my Offense has Romo, LT, and Westbrook) My depth is just as bad, so the question is, do I run right out and get Ellison or some other LB that's available?

FA LBs

Congrats on helping to get IDP Interactive going...here is a link to the week 1 column: http://www.thehuddle.com/x8/season/w01/idp-int.php

week 2

Edited by keggerz

• 2 months later...

PLEASE CHOOSE ME... every year I flame out in the playoffs!! This year I am the highest scoring team, despite a pathetic 8-5 record and this IDP question could really help because, as you will see below, our IDP scoring is completely out of fact compared to other postions (1st year with IDP's)

Which two should I start:

Suggs - home against the Skins

Vanden Bosch - home against the Browns

Abraham - at the Saints

Scoring is as follows:

2 pts/ tackle; 6 pts/ sack; 6 pts/ INT; 6 pts/ def passed; 4 pts/ TD

OR,

Should I start all 3 and sit Smith or Boldin?

WR scoring is as follows:

1 pt/ 2 receptions; 1 pt/ 15 yds; 6 pts/ TD

Website

http://www10.myfantasyleague.com/2008/home/15674

Direct link to scoring portion of site

http://football10.myfantasyleague.com/2008...=15674&O=09

Rosters (* = Starters)

My Roster

*Cassel, Matt NEP QB

McNabb, Donovan PHI QB

Dunn, Warrick TBB RB

*Jones, Thomas NYJ RB

McAllister, Deuce NOS RB

Portis, Clinton WAS RB

*Boldin, Anquan ARI WR

Breaston, Steve ARI WR

Gonzalez, Anthony IND WR

*Smith, Steve CAR WR

Daniels, Owen HOU TE

*Gates, Antonio SDC TE

*Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK

Abraham, John ATL DE

*Suggs, Terrell BAL DE

*Vanden Bosch, Kyle TEN DE

My Opponent

Delhomme, Jake CAR QB

*Warner, Kurt ARI QB

Fargas, Justin OAK RB

*Johnson, Chris TEN RB

Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB

Williams, Carnell TBB RB

*Berrian, Bernard MIN WR

Burress, Plaxico NYG WR

Evans, Lee BUF WR

Holmes, Santonio PIT WR

*Scaife, Bo TEN TE

Shiancoe, Visanthe MIN TE

*Elam, Jason ATL PK

*Tuck, Justin NYG DE

*Lowery, Dwight NYJ CB

*Rogers, Carlos WAS CB

Valid lineup of 8 is 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE 1 K and 1 IDP. Remaining 2 spots can be any combination of RB, WR, TE or IDP

Thanks in advance for your insight.