[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lets go White Sox

Seahawk37

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be really sweet if Minnesota can pull this out. Ozzie Guillen is a piece of crap... Takes no responsibility for the fact that his team is a perennial underachiever. Then, he has to go out of his way to slam the opposing pitcher (who just shut his team down, mind you), and say that the guy deserves no respect. Classless. Not a surprise, though... Ozzie has always been quick to make excuses, get pissed at the media when things don't go his way, and pout.

And one more thing... learn to speak English, Ozzie, so we can understand more than every third word of what you're attempting to say.

I don't expect the Twins to do much damage in the playoffs if they do make it, but I would love to see it happen, just to spite that clown.

This is heresy on a football board but football simply doesn't have tension-racked games like tonight's. That was just totally enervating. Baseball is in a league of it's own when it comes to games like that.

Step away from the thesaurus. I repeat. Step away from the thesaurus

The Twins' come-from-behind victory over the White Sox on Thursday boosted the team into first place in the American League Central and also produced more big numbers for FSN North.

The game had a 13.5 rating on the regional sports network, winning the prime-time slot during season premier week and beating "Grey's Anatomy" on ABC affiliate KSTP (Ch. 5) and "The Office" on NBC affiliate KARE (Ch. 11). The rating means 230,405 households were watching.

The highest-rated quarter-hour for Thursday's game was an eye-popping 19.9 from 10:30 to 10:45 p.m. That means 339,633 households were watching as Alexi Casilla drove in Nick Punto with the winning run.

All three games of the series produced ratings that finished among the top 10 for FSN North telecasts. Tuesday's game had an 11.7 rating and Wednesday's had a series-high 13.6 rating. FSN's records date to 1997, when the network was known as Midwest Sports Channel.

JUDD ZULGAD

WOW - I think everybody in the state was watching last night.

My boys are toast. They can't win up there, never could, never will.

Good for the Twinkies. They beat a team that likes to beat themselves, are built for 12 inch softball, and have had one heckuva a run in first place this year. Now, I know how bad the White Sox are, and that they have been out of first place for only 10 days this year, says a lot.

Either team has no chance in the grand scheme of things. I'd rather my guys not get embarrassed any more than they already have been.

Actually, I have the most respect for Ron Gardenhire than any other manager in the league. He seems to do so much with so little--he's one of the best I've seen.

Neither KC nor Cleveland will lie down, both want to be spoilers. Two years ago, KC pulled off a miracle sweeping Detroit at Comerica Park, allowing the Twins to squeeze in on the very last day. This year they may do the Twins in.

FWIW, I agree with Gil - neither team has a prayer of winning the whole thing. Tampa Bay will put paid to either in the divisional series.....but damn, this is a fun ending to a long season for two teams that were supposed to finish third and fourth in their division.

It would be really sweet if Minnesota can pull this out. Ozzie Guillen is a piece of crap... Takes no responsibility for the fact that his team is a perennial underachiever. Then, he has to go out of his way to slam the opposing pitcher (who just shut his team down, mind you), and say that the guy deserves no respect. Classless. Not a surprise, though... Ozzie has always been quick to make excuses, get pissed at the media when things don't go his way, and pout.

And one more thing... learn to speak English, Ozzie, so we can understand more than every third word of what you're attempting to say.

I don't expect the Twins to do much damage in the playoffs if they do make it, but I would love to see it happen, just to spite that clown.

+100

I agree with everything in this post. Well, except Ozzie shouldn't learn to speak English. He's easier to laugh at as it is.

Neither KC nor Cleveland will lie down, both want to be spoilers. Two years ago, KC pulled off a miracle sweeping Detroit at Comerica Park, allowing the Twins to squeeze in on the very last day. This year they may do the Twins in.

FWIW, I agree with Gil - neither team has a prayer of winning the whole thing. Tampa Bay will put paid to either in the divisional series.....but damn, this is a fun ending to a long season for two teams that were supposed to finish third and fourth in their division.

Yup - good season. I thought with losing Santana and Hunter that we would would finish around .500. Those young guns sure picked us up. We sure missed Cuddy's bat this year.

KC is playing hot - 8 straight road wins and they won something like 13 of 15. It was a good game, the crowd was into. It was fan appreciation weekend. Prior to the game, all the Twins players saluted the fans and they threw baseballs into the crowd. Very very cool!!

Yup - good season. I thought with losing Santana and Hunter that we would would finish around .500. Those young guns sure picked us up. We sure missed Cuddy's bat this year.

KC is playing hot - 8 straight road wins and they won something like 13 of 15. It was a good game, the crowd was into. It was fan appreciation weekend. Prior to the game, all the Twins players saluted the fans and they threw baseballs into the crowd. Very very cool!!

The positive on the Cuddy injury was you found out you have a potential superstar in Span.

With both of them losing again today, the likelihood of the Sox having to play their postponed game against Detroit and then the Sox and Twins facing off on Tuesday just increased.

Twins win Sunday with Sox loss = Twins in

Sox win Sunday with Twins loss = Sox to Detroit - win and they're in, lose and it's a playoff

Both win or both lose - Sox must beat Detroit to force the playoff.

Counting on Cleveland to get the Twins in is the wrong way to look at it... As much as I would like to see Lee pitch tomorrow, if the Twins get swept by the Royals at home (with the division on the line), they deserve for their season to be over. Take care of business, and it wouldn't matter who is pitching against who.

Most baseball fans agree that whoever wins the AL Central won't do much in the playoffs, but you never know. The MLB post-season never seems to go as predicted. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, given that MIN lost Hunter and Santana from last year's team, I think this season was a surprising success... most Twins fans would have gladly taken 80 wins if you asked them what they were hoping for back in April.

Sox will win 2 straight and then promptly be swept in the 1st round. Neither team really deserves to be there so.........

Not sure what you mean by this... whoever wins the division deserves to be in the playoffs. They certainly "deserve" it more than the Dodgers, who got in with a whopping 84 wins, in by far the worst division in baseball. You can make an argument that neither team will make it very far in the playoffs, which is debatable, but how do you decide who "deserves" to be in and who doesn't? Given that all of the experts pretty much wrote in the Tigers to win the division, and in some cases, win it all, I think both of these teams deserve props for surpassing any/all expectations. The AL Central may not be loaded with powerhouse teams by media standards, but a lot of that is simply location. Teams on both coasts get all of the publicity... Teams in the Midwest don't. I personally think their division is the most well-balanced in baseball... In other words, there isn't a truly bad team in it. Worst team won 74-75 games.