[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Travis Laboy, freak game or more to come?

eagles2010

Yes, I understand it was the 49ers running a new offense with a new QB, but I am curious as to what I can expect from him. I did not watch the game, or even see any highlights outside of NFL Network. He is designated as a DL in my league. Is that where he started or was it outside LB? Scoring is 5 point sacks, 5 point INT's, 1 point tackles and deflections . No assists. I am curious if he lined up at DL or LB and am curious to whether or not he played the majority of snaps, or was a situational player. Is there potential for this guy to be a bye week filler? Thanks.

I am sure that the resident IDP gurus can answer this better than I, but Arizona did lose Calvin Pace, a guy who put up pretty nice numbers from that LB spot last year. If Laboy is playing the same spot (SAM, MIKE, or WILL?), it is possible he can continue to put up nice numbers. I actually picked him up in an IDP contract league this week, so you know I am hopeful that he continues performing at this level.

Gents...have at it!

Freak game, imo

Pace finished as the #37 LB last year which is LB3 or LB4 depending on leauge size....even if Pace had stayed in Arizona I dont know that he would have been able to match his 97 combined tackles from last year

Edited by keggerz

ok had a chance to do a bit of digging....last year the top 4 LBs that were among the league leaders in sacks were(in order including sacks):

Ware(14), Ellis(12.5), Merriman(12.5), Vrabel(12.5) and they were ALL OLB's....Ware ranked 41st at LB, Elllis ranked 101st, Merriman 57th & Vrabel ranked 51st.

Here are how many multi sack games these guys had:

Ware: 4(2, 1.5, 1.5, 2)

Ellis:4(1.5, 2, 2,2)

Merriman:4(2, 2.5, 3, 2)

Vrabel:3(2.5, 3, 3)

The reason I point the multi sack games out is because these guys were the best of the best at getting to the QB last year.

Laboy posted stats of 3 solos, 1 assist, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble & 1 fumble recovery

Now since it is safe to say that at best LaBoy is only going to post a MULTI sack game 3 more times this year that would leave you looking at a stat line the other 12 weeks that looks something like this 1 solo & 1 assist....yes, remember that a sack counts as a tackle too so 2 of his 3 tackles came from his sacks.

just something to think about if you truly think that LaBoy is the real deal or not

Good stuff. Guess I'll hold on to him and hope he nails a decent week as a filler if the match-up is right. 12 team dynasty with 54 man rosters so the free agents are thin. Grabbed him after a good game in the pre-season. Might be a good fit in Arizona.

On another note, just wanted to say this being my second IDP season, this forum is great, I've read these boards for 2 seasons and am glad I can find all of the usefull info that I do.

Great info there, Keg. Laboy is obviously not the answer as a #1, #2 or #3 LB...but in my case, he is a 5 or a 6, someone who spot starts and provides depth, he's a good player to have.

I picked him up as a #5 LB in a 16 team league. I need a warm body for depth, so he fits the bill.

I picked him up as a #5 LB in a 16 team league. I need a warm body for depth, so he fits the bill.

Same here...with Merriman on IR, Poz, Edwards and Wimbley dinged up and Hobson still a FA, my LB corps is taking a hit. I only have a few healthy ones left, so Laboy certainly helps.