[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grizzlies moving to Memphis

Beakerpunk

What an ignorant move. Memphis is by far the worst southern city in the US. Their government is corrupt and the attitude of the people is simply aweful. They remind me of the natives of Washington D.C. The demographics are simply not there to support a professional franchise. They will rue the day they relocated to Memphis. As a native Tennessean, trust me on this one.

Guest AntiVick

I am from Tn, and I am excited about the move. Again spain I disagree with you. What in the demographics show you that we can't support a nba franchise. Look at the big picture, the Grizzlies are not just a Memphis team, they are a Tennessee team. 10 years ago everyone said that we could never support an nfl team either, but look at us now.

The move to Memphis will bring more jobs, and more travlers, and with that comes more money!

The Grizzlies have already made some bold moves to ensure the quality of players they showcase in their first year. Jason Williams ( he may not be the best pg, but he's the most exciting ) Lorenzen Wright ( every boy's dream. Coming back to play in your hometown ) and with the drafting of Battier they have a strong young nucleus to build from. Not to mention the fact the Stromile Swift will be one of the most dominating players in another year or two.

I think the move will be for the best, both for the city of Memphis and the state of Tn.I have already reserved my season tickets, and I can't wait!!

But who am I kidding I love sports so much that I would buy tickets to watch Persian Women toe wrestling.

Originally posted by AntiVick:

I am from Tn, and I am excited about the move. Again spain I disagree with you. What in the demographics show you that we can't support a nba franchise. Look at the big picture, the Grizzlies are not just a Memphis team, they are a Tennessee team. 10 years ago everyone said that we could never support an nfl team either, but look at us now.

The move to Memphis will bring more jobs, and more travlers, and with that comes more money!

The Grizzlies have already made some bold moves to ensure the quality of players they showcase in their first year. Jason Williams ( he may not be the best pg, but he's the most exciting ) Lorenzen Wright ( every boy's dream. Coming back to play in your hometown ) and with the drafting of Battier they have a strong young nucleus to build from. Not to mention the fact the Stromile Swift will be one of the most dominating players in another year or two.

I think the move will be for the best, both for the city of Memphis and the state of Tn.I have already reserved my season tickets, and I can't wait!!

But who am I kidding I love sports so much that I would buy tickets to watch Persian Women toe wrestling.

Please dont kid yourself, this is Memphis team, and theirs alone. People will not drive from Nashville, let alone Knoxville or Chattanooga, to see an NBA game.

This team will live or die based on Memphians. I have had the unfortunate experience to have to travel to the your city many times. In my opinion, and in the opinion of nearly everyone that I know that is not from there, it is a horrible place. Drugs, pollution, crime, corruption, and nearly every black citizen there is an open and hostile racist. One time when I was there, Mayor Willie Herrington actually procalimed it Louis Farrakhan day and held a banquet in his honor.

I guess if you are from Shelby County you learn to love your hometown. But it is not a nice place and pales in comparison to a city like Nashville. Try moving away for a few years and see what you think.