[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Willie Parker for LT

Cnote187

Wow, people can be so angry...Back to the Question.

Actually, I wouldn't do this trade. Willie Parker was on his way to being the leading rusher when his leg broke - he's a stud that has gone undervalued for a while, and now the Steelers OL has decided to step up that team is looking superbowl caliber and Parker is going to be a big part of that. While LT might get back to his old self, toe injuries are a fickle beast and Sproles has shown that he is more than capable of helping LT rest hit injured foot for as long as he needs. Mind you, I don't know if I'd accept the trade if I were an LT owner either... You have to have faith in your 1st round pick... at least until he really gets hurt.

Thank you, that is definitely sound advice. I agree there is definite risk for me as well. I definitely had second thoughts about it

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol at you two... let's bookmark this thread and bump it when Parker is indeed not the leading rusher at the end of the season

Just clarifying - I didn't say Parker WOULD be the leading rusher... But, I might just bet that LT won't be, either (I'm thinking it's Peterson's year to be #1). LT had a great year last year, but even without a game Parker was <160 yds below him. He'd have probably been #2 in rushing if he'd stayed healthy. And you telling me there's no chance that this year one picks up some yds and the other might not get less? I don't personally think either is the #1 rusher this year. I think they both are in the top ten, though, assuming no major injuries to either. At that point it's really a toss up for who is worth more until you have the hindsight to say who got more, isn't it?

Edited by femmefootball

And Adrian Peterson's... I assume you mean that he's crap for this year, too...poor people who picked him #1 over LT. You'd probably want to take Jamal Lewis instead - he scored more fantasy points last year than Peterson.

Point is, you don't know in advance which top 10 will end up #1 and which is #10. And until more games have passed there's even less of a difference between the top 5. After all, if you went with the #3 rusher (Westbrook) instead of LT you'd only have lost yourself ~15 pts out of over 400.

Edited by femmefootball

michaelman, you are like a pitbull attacking a turkey leg. Not letting go for a second.

I don't see this as a ludicrous trade proposal. Most LT owners would reject it IMO. But it's not crazy. Your comparisons are kind of wacky, and fact is LT is a year older and dealing with an injury. Just my opinion, but you aren't making yourself look good with your persistence here.

Question is should the trade be vetoed for being unreasonable? Is it totally rediculous to offer , that's what you said. and nobody and I mean nobody agrees with you.

I told you that you sound silly, I think you have been playing fantasy FB for a year or soemthing

Edited by Cnote187

Do I have to touch on everyone of your points?....

I know you've already offered the trade... if the LT owner isn't an idiot... he'll decline..

If he accepts.. I almost GUARANTEE it will get vetoed down.

There's nothing silly about it. Screen shot yourself getting rejected/ vetoed and be silenced.

I offered you a bet, do you accept or not? How much do you believe your nonsense, I'm willing to play your game, do you accept?

Nobody agrees with you, and from now on your advice means absolutely nothing, to anybody who reads this thread

Edited by Cnote187

What's the bet. I already said screen shot yourself gettin denied.

look back I aint repeating myself for someone who doesn't read.

How about checking the thread and seeing how Zero people agree with you. Nobody vetoes trades unless they have collusion involved. Only way it does if you are playing with little girls...

Edited by Cnote187

i see no bet. I do see myself telling you 100 times that you ain't getting LT for Parker and to Screen shot yourself getting denied though.

Again you see no bet because you don't read....

Go ahead and swear I didn't offer you a bet and look like an idiot again, when I show you the bet. you really are crazy

For the most part yeah.. if you're in a non competitive league that doesn't give a Sh it... then yeah it probably won't get vetoed..

Quite the opposite. If you're playing with a bunch of morans that know absolutely nothing about FF, there might be a reason to veto a trade so the league's integrity isn't compromised. If you're playing with reasonably intelligent adults who know football, trades should NEVER be vetoed unless there is collusion. Quite simple really.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Quite the opposite. If you're playing with a bunch of morans that know absolutely nothing about FF, there might be a reason to veto a trade so the league's integity isn't compromised. If you're playing with reasonably intelligent adults who know football, trades should NEVER be vetoed unless there is collusion. Quite simple really.

So in one of my leagues i drafted WR WR WR and Parker in the 4th round

that's Terrel Owens, Reggie Wayne, and Plaxico Burress... Any LEAGUE that knows what it's doing isn't going to let me Stack my team with LT with my 4th round pick.

If you're league would.. OH please invite me so i can own it.

Actually I'd rather not

Edited by michaelman

So in one of my leagues i drafted WR WR WR and Parker in the 4th round

that's Terrel Owens, Reggie Wayne, and Plaxico Burress... Any LEAGUE that knows what it's doing isn't going to let me Stack my team with LT with my 4th round pick.

What gives the league the right to tell you who you can and can't have. Everyone has different values for different players. Last year someone drafted Adrian Peterson in the first round of our 12 team league. We all laughed and pointed fingers because all the ekkspurts were saying he should be drafted in the 3rd or 4th round. We should have vetoed that draft pick because someone had vision, insight, a gut feeling?

I'll say it one more time, nice and slow for you: T R A D E S S H O U L D N E V E R B E V E T O E D U N L E S S T H E R E I S C O L L U S I O N. Ask Dorey, ask any writer here at the site, I guarantee you they'll agree.