[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Torain

chodan

The earliest he could be considered the starter is week 12 or 13. A few weeks to get back into shape and then a few weeks to get the confidence of the coach and teammates. That said, are you really going to start a guy this unproven in your fantasy playoffs? I guess he is worth an add in the deepest of leagues, but I would say there is a less than five percent chance that Torain is an impact player on fantasy teams this season. Those of you that think he is going to come in, get a week of practice reps, and then run for 150 yards have pipe dreams.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you that think he is going to come in, get a week of practice reps, and then run for 150 yards have pipe dreams.

Actually, it will be two weeks.

And if he's the best option in the DEN backfield, then he'll get the work. If he isn't, he won't. But we just saw a 33 yr old Pittman break 100 yds last weekend. The DEN O-line is rejuvenated with the young additions. I don't think anyone is expecting 150 rush yds/week out of him, but he could make a nice impact as a #2 or #3 RB, and if he's half of what Shanahan & Cutler both think he is, there could be some upside room from there.

That's a nice potential addition at this time of the year for dropping the guy sitting at the end of your bench (or a 2nd K or D if your #1 has had his bye pass).

Edited by Bronco Billy

The earliest he could be considered the starter is week 12 or 13. A few weeks to get back into shape and then a few weeks to get the confidence of the coach and teammates. That said, are you really going to start a guy this unproven in your fantasy playoffs? I guess he is worth an add in the deepest of leagues, but I would say there is a less than five percent chance that Torain is an impact player on fantasy teams this season. Those of you that think he is going to come in, get a week of practice reps, and then run for 150 yards have pipe dreams.

BOOOOOO Debbie Downer :wacko:

I'd be a lot more concerned about him working his way into game shape if he'd had some type of leg injury. It just stands to reason that Shanny will use him ASAP (he's sucked up a roster spot for this long for a reason) and if he can outplay Pittman and not make mistakes, it makes sense that he could start at some point soon after he returns. And FWIW, I'd rather have him taking my bench space than any other team in my league.

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

Um, he's already practicing no? So to say he's going to take an additional 3 weeks to get into game shape puzzles me to no end. I think with the right matchup he's a got start, and looking at their schedule going forward after the bye it sure looks pretty juicy to me :wacko:

Actually, it will be two weeks.

And if he's the best option in the DEN backfield, then he'll get the work. If he isn't, he won't. But we just saw a 33 yr old Pittman break 100 yds last weekend. The DEN O-line is rejuvenated with the young additions. I don't think anyone is expecting 150 rush yds/week out of him, but he could make a nice impact as a #2 or #3 RB, and if he's half of what Shanahan & Cutler both think he is, there could be some upside room from there.

That's a nice potential addition at this time of the year for dropping the guy sitting at the end of your bench (or a 2nd K or D if your #1 has had his bye pass).

+1...being in Shanny's good graces goes a long way...

Um, he's already practicing no? So to say he's going to take an additional 3 weeks to get into game shape puzzles me to no end. I think with the right matchup he's a got start, and looking at their schedule going forward after the bye it sure looks pretty juicy to me :wacko:

The table is set re: DEN's schedule down the stretch. Let's say he struggles a bit out of the gate due to limited opportunities and getting into game shape... he then has OAK and NYJ to show his stuff and the table is set for KC at home for the first week of FF playoffs. He's worth the roster spot.

Is that number as arbitrary as it sounds? :wacko:

The table is set re: DEN's schedule down the stretch. Let's say he struggles a bit out of the gate due to limited opportunities and getting into game shape... he then has OAK and NYJ to show his stuff and the table is set for KC at home for the first week of FF playoffs. He's worth the roster spot.

+24

Remember everyone, this is a rookie who was left off IR and likely wont play the first 10 games of the season.....there is obviously something Shanny saw in this kid (not backup worthy) that made him worthy of holding up a roster spot for that long. If the plan was for him to split carries they could have very easily stuck him on IR, and picked up a 4-7 carry guy like Alexander to fill the roster spot, they chose against doing so, this kid has a good chance to be a 10, 12, 15, 17+ carry guy.....hes been stashed on my bench for a while now, I just hope it pays off.....

Selvin Young has not impressed Shanny. A Hall is not that good. Pittman is not an everydown back (perfect 3rd down, COP). All this tells me Torain will be having his chance THIS season. What he does with it, I am not sure. Worth a roster spot (this was not mentioned yet).

Yup, pretty much.

I was offered Chris Perry for him a few days ago in my main.

Don't expect to get anyone 'productive' as FF owners are looking to steal him rather than give up a player that actually has something to contribute.

Drafted Torain in one league, waiver in another and traded Perry for him two weeks ago in my big league... :wacko:

He takes up a spot on my roster that is normally taken by some worthless WR who has a ton of potential but never does a thing....now I may just have an RB like that.

You're not factoring in Shanahan's man love for him. Please do your calculations again.

Will all you guys that are thinking of placing a wager please send me a PM letting me know what you would like to wager. I will not honor wagers without a PM.

You're definitely going out on a limb.

(TheHuddle) Denver Broncos RB Ryan Torain (elbow) participated in practice Wednesday, Oct. 15, but did not go through contact drills. He could play after the team's Week 8 bye.

Analysis: Torain is getting closer to seeing action and it could not come at a better time for the Broncos as they have struggled with the running game off and on all season. The rookie Torain was pushing starter Selvin Young for the No. 1 running back job in training camp until he suffered his elbow injury that took him out of the competition. Fantasy owners that are looking for a nice sleeper running back should look no further than Torain as he will likely see a large number of carries when he returns to action. Consider him a No. 3 running back with nice upside.

good luck dude, you were definitely right about J Jones. :wacko:

Edited by Hat Trick

Here's another

Broncos Rookie Torain Returns To Practice

Text 4broncos to 66247 sign up for CBS4 Broncos text alerts More Info

By Pat Graham, AP Sports Writer

DENVER (AP) ― Ryan Torain can't quite embrace the brace protecting his left elbow.

However, the rookie tailback can embrace the fact he's back on the field, returning to practice for the first time Wednesday since breaking a bone in his elbow in August.

"It's been a long couple of months," he said.

Torain, a 225-pound running back from Arizona State, was injured in training camp when he flipped in the air during a drill and tried to brake his fall by sticking out his left arm.

Torain was having a sensational camp before the injury. Coach Mike Shanahan even compared him to Terrell Davis when Davis started playing in Denver.

Now, Torain is hoping to work his way back into the rotation for carries. He doesn't anticipate dressing for the game Monday night at New England.

When he does return, he'll have to don a brace around his left arm.

"I don't want to wear it in the game, but it's protection -- got to do what they say," he said.

Torain hasn't played in nearly a year after a torn ligament in his foot ended his senior season at Arizona State after just six games. He rushed for 553 yards and five touchdowns before the injury.

But that experience helped him in his rehab from elbow surgery.

"I wasn't as mentally confused or messed up or down or depressed," Torain said. "I stayed positive."

Torain wasn't the only Broncos player to return to the practice field Wednesday. Tony Scheffler and Selvin Young participated on a limited basis, both coming back from groin injuries.

Denver also had rookie receiver Eddie Royal running routes again after he missed the Broncos' 24-17 loss to Jacksonville on Sunday with an ankle sprain.

"I feel good," Royal said. "I'm able to move around a lot better."

The team was missing receiver Brandon Stokley (concussion) and linebacker Boss Bailey (ankle). Stokley doesn't know when he'll return after being dinged up in Sunday's loss to the Jaguars.

"I still don't feel quite right yet," he said. "Hopefully, in the next couple of days, I'll take a turn and I'll feel better."