[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most Intriguing Matchup this Weekend

Rockerbraves

At least for me the best matchup this weekend has to be a Saturday night's game at Wisconsin versus Ohio State. If past history is any indication Saturday's game should play a major role in determining this season's Big 10 Championship. Will the Buckeye freshman QB handle the pressure of starting in his 1st big 10 showdown or will Wisconsin bounce back from a disappointing lost to Michigan after leading 19-0 at half?

Here are some tidbits I found about this game on a gambling site:

The teams have met five times in Tressel’s seven-year tenure in Columbus, and the Buckeyes have won the Big Ten championship in the years they have defeated the Badgers (2002, ’07) and not won the title in the years they have lost (2001, ’03, ’04). The two teams did not meet in 2005 and 2006.

Tressel’s troops lead the Big Ten with 45 wins over the last five seasons. Wisconsin is right behind them with 43. And the Badgers are especially tough at Camp Randall Stadium, where their 16 consecutive wins gives them the second-longest home-winning streak in the nation. They have also won 21 of their last 22 night games, and since coach Brett Bielema has been in Madison, they are 27-1 at home. The Buckeyes last won at Wisconsin in 2002, their national championship season, with a down-to-the-wire 19-14 victory over a rebuilding Wiscy team that ended up just 2-6 in the Big Ten.

Last I checked the Buckeyes were a slight 2 point favorite. :wacko:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

the most intriguing matchup and best game of the weekend for me is Oregon and USC - should be a heckuva game

Wildcat do you really think Oregon has a legit shot at winning this one? Ducks could possibly keep it interesting (within 2 scores), but can't see USC losing. Isn't USC like a 16 1/2 point favorite?

Sort of want to see how Nebraska will do with Missouri. Coach Bo and Nebraska might still be honeymooning but you have think this is a pretty big game for the new Nebraska coaching staff. Heard it's been something like 30 something years since Missouri last won a game at Nebraska.

Wildcat do you really think Oregon has a legit shot at winning this one? Ducks could possibly keep it interesting (within 2 scores), but can't see USC losing. Isn't USC like a 16 1/2 point favorite?

Sort of want to see how Nebraska will do with Missouri. Coach Bo and Nebraska might still be honeymooning but you have think this is a pretty big game for the new Nebraska coaching staff. Heard it's been something like 30 something years since Missouri last won a game at Nebraska.

will be tough - Oregon is decimated at QB- think they are down to their 3rd or 4th QB, and getting USC off of a L. ugly -

still could be a fun game to watch, and regardless of rankings the best matchup IMO

- frankly don't think OSU or Wisky are very good teams-

will be tough - Oregon is decimated at QB- think they are down to their 3rd or 4th QB, and getting USC off of a L. ugly -

still could be a fun game to watch, and regardless of rankings the best matchup IMO

- frankly don't think OSU or Wisky are very good teams-

Guess the difference with me & you is I enjoy watching every level of football even the high school games as long as it's a decent matchup. Take for example this week in the SEC. The game I think is the best matchup isn't Auburn vs. Vandy, but South Carolina and Ole Piss. Looking forward to seeing if South Carolina can get a win vs. a Rebel team playing at home after a great road trip. And no I don't seriously think either of those two teams will win the SEC, but I love the matchup.

Guess the difference with me & you is I enjoy watching every level of football even the high school games as long as it's a decent matchup. Take for example this week in the SEC. The game I think is the best matchup isn't Auburn vs. Vandy, but South Carolina and Ole Piss. Looking forward to seeing if South Carolina can get a win vs. a Rebel team playing at home after a great road trip. And no I don't seriously think either of those two teams will win the SEC, but I love the matchup.

no - I get ya and agree- iI can get into a variety of matchups- a good ole fashioned shootout or defensive struggle - the SEC is going to have some great matchups in the next few weeks-

I am just over the Big 10 - and to be honest a Wisky OSU game makes me want to take a nap.

Not just a homer statement here, BUT I see the Buckeyes rolling in this one. Pryor is out to make a point and I think this the game he makes his big splash on the road. Pryor was fired up when Gopher players started trying to rattle his cage and I think he took exception to Mark May's comments. I know May hates OSU and that's okay, too each his own. Pryor just calmly said " I guess we shall see". I'm sure Badger coaching staff is happy about a member of the media getting Pryor fired up.

A message to Mark May: Becareful what you wish for.

Wisconsin at night should be a hoot. I have no doubt that some spirts will have that crowd fired up.

OSU 34 Wisconsin 17

Edited by sacosud

If that's the case, please concede that the Pac 10 sucks aside of USC :wacko:

Badgers or Bucks run through the Pac 10 undefeated aside of USC

easily one of the dumbest posts you have ever made- that is saying alot. You obviously didn't see USC go down in Corvallis - the same team that yer Bucks didn't even belong on the same field with. You honestly think OSU/Wisky would win games at places like Oregon, CAL, OSU, and on and on- yer outta yer mind. Until the Big 10 proves something on a national stage- you all have no input nationally- so zip it.

The Pac 10 has had a horrible start - but USC/OREGON/CAL are better than PSU/OSU/WISKY and it ain't even close.

Oregon > OSU and Wisky,

At least for me the best matchup this weekend has to be a Saturday night's game at Wisconsin versus Ohio State.
the most intriguing matchup and best game of the weekend for me is Oregon and USC - should be a heckuva game

I like both because the results of each game will have an impact on the national perception of USC. I'm not a fan of the Trojans but the attention they get keeps me interested as a fan of college football.

OSU/Wisconsin should be a good game. USC/Oregon shouldn't.

easily one of the dumbest posts you have ever made- that is saying alot. You obviously didn't see USC go down in Corvallis - the same team that yer Bucks didn't even belong on the same field with. You honestly think OSU/Wisky would win games at places like Oregon, CAL, OSU, and on and on- yer outta yer mind. Until the Big 10 proves something on a national stage- you all have no input nationally- so zip it.

The Pac 10 has had a horrible start - but USC/OREGON/CAL are better than PSU/OSU/WISKY and it ain't even close.

Oregon > OSU and Wisky,

PSU - 44

OrSU - 13

I think that just about covers it.

No doubt that Wisky wins tonight. They had to suspend the ENTIRE band for shenanigans. There's no doubt they are fired up!

no - I get ya and agree- iI can get into a variety of matchups- a good ole fashioned shootout or defensive struggle - the SEC is going to have some great matchups in the next few weeks-

I am just over the Big 10 - and to be honest a Wisky OSU game makes me want to take a nap.

Snooze away.

Pac 10 on the field has proved about as much as the Big 10.

PSU crushed the team that beat #1 USC and yes USC crushed OSU.

I think sometimes your hatred for the Big 10 is commical. I don't hate the PAC 10, but come on!!!!!

I like both because the results of each game will have an impact on the national perception of USC. I'm not a fan of the Trojans but the attention they get keeps me interested as a fan of college football.

OSU/Wisconsin should be a good game. USC/Oregon shouldn't.

I'm looking forward to the Ohio State-Wisconsin game mostly to see how Pryor responds to a night game atmosphere in Madison. We'll find out alot about this kid tonight. I see Ohio State winning a close one 27-24.

As far as USC-Oregon not being a good game? Don't sleep on Oregon. Sure they're playing with a 4th string QB but nobody else USC plays this year can match their athleticism like Oregon can. USC will come out fired up ready to prove that the egg they laid in Corvallis is not representative of who they are as a National power. Oregon needs to not let USC get off in the first 15 minutes, if they can do that Oregon can play with these guys. I guarantee you that with Oregon mentality they won't be intimidated or in awe of the Trojans. IMO 16.5 is too much to lay here.

USC = 34 Oregon = 24

If that's the case, please concede that the Pac 10 sucks aside of USC :D

Badgers or Bucks run through the Pac 10 undefeated aside of USC

this is based on what?

pure comedy - USC wipes thier azzes with Big 10 teams, and can't seem to go thru the Pac 10 undefeated. So, a middle of the road WIsky is going to "run thru" the Pac 10 , :wacko: . PSU is the best team in yer league, still there is no way they would come out unscathed yer delusional

Pryor has now came into his own. With a huge drive to win the game, he'll take a large step forward.

Penn St. to me has looked like the best team in the Big 10 and luckily we have that game at the Shoe. Wisconsin nor OSU looked that great, but a W is great considering the Badgers had won 16 straight at home.

Pryor has now came into his own. With a huge drive to win the game, he'll take a large step forward.

Penn St. to me has looked like the best team in the Big 10 and luckily we have that game at the Shoe. Wisconsin nor OSU looked that great, but a W is great considering the Badgers had won 16 straight at home.

Who have Wisconsion played at home in the last 16, mostly Big 10 teams right. Not impressive imo.....

What was that about the Oregon-USC game? 44-10? Not a surprise. USC obviously underachieved last week against Oregon State (who also lost to Utah... Mt. West >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pac 10 by a lot) Oregon barely beats one of the Big Ten's worst teams but hey, they'd run the table in the Big Ten. Uh huh. Just because USC loses games within it's own conference (WHAT A SHOCKER, that NEVER happens anywhere else or anything) is not a reason that makes a conference deep. All it means is that there are 9 chances to knock this team off every year and the law of averages are on there side. Pretty sure if they had to play 9 non conference opponents every year, they'd probably have a few more losses. The real element to point too as to why MOST people think the Pac 10 is USC and no one else, is the fact that they've won or shared the Pac 10 Title for 6 straight years, and yes, it will likely be 7 straight unless something magical happens. For all the talk about how Ohio State dominates the Big Ten which supposedly makes the conference weak, where is the same criticism for the Pac 10? In those same 6 years, no one outside of Oregon last year has even sniffed national success. We know this because how often has the Pac 10 gotten the maximum of 2 teams into the BCS Bowls in that span? 2002? Since then the Big Ten did it in 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, and 2007 going a mediocre, but certainly not horrible 4-6. So please, until someone OTHER than USC steps up onto the national stage and beats someone, don't be coming at me with this nonsense that Oregon or Cal could run through the Big Ten. It's stupid and wrong.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

What was that about the Oregon-USC game? 44-10? Not a surprise. USC obviously underachieved last week against Oregon State (who also lost to Utah... Mt. West >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pac 10 by a lot) Oregon barely beats one of the Big Ten's worst teams but hey, they'd run the table in the Big Ten. Uh huh. Just because USC loses games within it's own conference (WHAT A SHOCKER, that NEVER happens anywhere else or anything) is not a reason that makes a conference deep. All it means is that there are 9 chances to knock this team off every year and the law of averages are on there side. Pretty sure if they had to play 9 non conference opponents every year, they'd probably have a few more losses. The real element to point too as to why MOST people think the Pac 10 is USC and no one else, is the fact that they've won or shared the Pac 10 Title for 6 straight years, and yes, it will likely be 7 straight unless something magical happens. For all the talk about how Ohio State dominates the Big Ten which supposedly makes the conference weak, where is the same criticism for the Pac 10? In those same 6 years, no one outside of Oregon last year has even sniffed national success. We know this because how often has the Pac 10 gotten the maximum of 2 teams into the BCS Bowls in that span? 2002? Since then the Big Ten did it in 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, and 2007 going a mediocre, but certainly not horrible 4-6. So please, until someone OTHER than USC steps up onto the national stage and beats someone, don't be coming at me with this nonsense that Oregon or Cal could run through the Big Ten. It's stupid and wrong.

[/quote

:wacko::D:D

who said anything about "running thru" that is the fat boy from Ohio

but since you brought it up- yes Wisky and OSU are medicore AND

USC/CAL/OR>>>PSU/OSU/WISKY

sorry - yer a joke nationally

Who has OU played at home in their last 21 games. Big 12 teams , right ? Not impressive imo....

You are a joke dude. The Big 12 is clearly one of the top 2 conferences this year, and has 4 teams in the top 7. The Big 10 has 1, and OSU aint it. Nuff said. Who has OSU looked good against this yr. To me they look weaker than any team under Tressell. Yet you continue to spout off. Same old Mike, new year.