[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most Intriguing Matchup this Weekend

Rockerbraves

1. I'm just wondering what Beanie might actually do without the clodhopper shoes that he has on to protect his sore foot. He's been simply amazing. The stiff-arm on the TD was brutish. :wacko:

2. The coaching is still too conservative and unimaginative. I know it was Camp Randall at night with a freshman, but still. Carroll or Stoops with this lineup would've put on a thumping.

3. The D-tackles played better, but that's still the weak link of the team. Not good when going against State Penn and Illinois.

4. I'm more wary of the Illinois game than the State Penn game. The Lions haven't won in C-Bus since forever.

5. Pryor needs to develop very quickly as a passer for this team to be a legitimate BCS bowl contender. Still, what he's done to-date is arguably better than Tebow's progression as a freshman.

6. Overall, not too excited, yet, about this team's prospects.

Edited by Glabra

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a joke dude. The Big 12 is clearly one of the top 2 conferences this year, and has 4 teams in the top 7. The Big 10 has 1, and OSU aint it. Nuff said. Who has OSU looked good against this yr. To me they look weaker than any team under Tressell. Yet you continue to spout off. Same old Mike, new year.

Sarge ol' Brent, spewing hatred towards any team, while patting his on the back for beating a top 50 team like TCU. Please tell us why OU's schedule to date is better then that of any other team undefeated. Please, I'd love to hear you bias views again.

I'm fairly certain, that while OSU was beaten very badly in the last 2 NC games, none were near as embarrassing as OU's loss to USC, the loss to Boise St OR the loss to West Virginia. Each year, you said they were the best team, only to be proven wrong, which will happen again this year

I'm also fairly certain that the Big 10 has a better record in bowl games the last 3 years, then the Big 12.

Go figure, we suck and OU can beat the Cowboys.

Edited by theeohiostate

Shock of shocks wildcat resorts to simply calling the Big Ten a joke, with absolutely NOTHING to back up how worthless the Pac 10 has been outside of USC for the past 6 years (and quickly going on 7). But that is ok. I'll say it again, not one of those other NINE teams has had any level of national success during USC's run of dominance. I will grant you, Oregon was great last year, and it is a shame that Dixon did go down, because I think they were certainly the Pac 10's best last year, and while playing Ohio State (not LSU, LSU would have been left out) they would have thumped the Buckeyes). Outside of that though, it has been what EVERYONE says it is. A conference that is 1 team deep. You can go get your computer polls, hell you can even point to all of the quality LOSSES the conference has over that span, it still doesn't change the fact that every year, the Pac 10 gets only 1 team into BCS, big money, big stage bowl games. And that team is USC. And it's well on it's way to being the same thing again this year. USC runs away with the conference, the 2nd place team goes to the Holiday Bowl and loses to the 4th best Big 12 team more than likely. That my friend, is a TRUE joke.

Shock of shocks wildcat resorts to simply calling the Big Ten a joke, with absolutely NOTHING to back up how worthless the Pac 10 has been outside of USC for the past 6 years (and quickly going on 7). But that is ok. I'll say it again, not one of those other NINE teams has had any level of national success during USC's run of dominance. I will grant you, Oregon was great last year, and it is a shame that Dixon did go down, because I think they were certainly the Pac 10's best last year, and while playing Ohio State (not LSU, LSU would have been left out) they would have thumped the Buckeyes). Outside of that though, it has been what EVERYONE says it is. A conference that is 1 team deep. You can go get your computer polls, hell you can even point to all of the quality LOSSES the conference has over that span, it still doesn't change the fact that every year, the Pac 10 gets only 1 team into BCS, big money, big stage bowl games. And that team is USC. And it's well on it's way to being the same thing again this year. USC runs away with the conference, the 2nd place team goes to the Holiday Bowl and loses to the 4th best Big 12 team more than likely. That my friend, is a TRUE joke.

how about 3-1 heads up this year for starters - the Big 10 is down, and has been for a few years - not sure why you guys can't admit it. I can readily admit the Pac 10 has been a dissapointment so far-and UW and WSU are brutally bad, and is not even close to eh Big 12 or SEC. But the Big 10? please

I mean Oregon was arguably the best team in the nation last year prior to Dixon going down, and they went to Ann Arbor and made Mich look like a Jr. High team.

The Big has proven they just can't compete with the big boys, and the level of football has been sub par -

I have nothing against the Big 10 - not sure why you guys are all sensitive about this - I just call it like I see it. The Big 10 WAS tough top to bottom, but for whatever reason I just think the league is subpar of late- and I think that has bee shown when teams actually play someone out of conference

And wildcat, please again, tell me what school other than USC has been worth a sh|t since 2002? Because I missed the team you told me that was a serious national contender that was capable of getting into a BCS Bowl game? I gave you Oregon last year (though they didn't make it did they?). And your 3 wins this year... USC over Ohio State, Cal barely over Michigan State at home ( no one denies west coast road trips are tough for anyone) and Oregon BARELY winning against one of the Big Tens 2 or 3 worst teams. Those are the 3 teams you're touting as teams that would completely roll through any team in the Big Ten. USC I give you, Oregon and Cal? Sorry pal, but that aint cutting it. Cal lost to FREAKING MARYLAND! Yeah that same Maryland team that got beat by VIrginia 31-0. Don't give me this Cal garbage. And again, you're missing my whole point. You've been saying the Big Ten has been down for the past 2-3 years. My question is, what has the Pac 10 been? USC and no one else? That's what I thought.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

And wildcat, please again, tell me what school other than USC has been worth a sh|t since 2002? Because I missed the team you told me that was a serious national contender that was capable of getting into a BCS Bowl game? I gave you Oregon last year (though they didn't make it did they?). And your 3 wins this year... USC over Ohio State, Cal barely over Michigan State at home ( no one denies west coast road trips are tough for anyone) and Oregon BARELY winning against one of the Big Tens 2 or 3 worst teams. Those are the 3 teams you're touting as teams that would completely roll through any team in the Big Ten. USC I give you, Oregon and Cal? Sorry pal, but that aint cutting it. Cal lost to FREAKING MARYLAND! Yeah that same Maryland team that got beat by VIrginia 31-0. Don't give me this Cal garbage. And again, you're missing my whole point. You've been saying the Big Ten has been down for the past 2-3 years. My question is, what has the Pac 10 been? USC and no one else? That's what I thought.

you guys love to bring the USC and no one else argument- really, so who exactly has been strong nationally out of yer league INCLUDING OSU lately? answer - NOBODY.- I love how you "qualify" the Pac 10 wins this year- and how "no one denies west coast trips are tough" :wacko: - seriously? much much tougher to go west to east my man - the Big 10 has been irrelevant - take this year- OSU can run the table the rest of the year, and they have virtually ZERO chance at getting back into the NC hunt- why? because people are over the Big 10, especially in big games out of conference- next..

Say what you want about Cal/Oregon - but they have been much more relevant nationally than ANYONE not named OSU in yer league - Michigan gor b1tchslapped by Oregon and USC when they were supposedly going to be great teams- and how Mich deserved their rematch with OSU, when it became apparent to anyone that the discrepancy between the Big 10 and other conference was HUGH.

whatever- and at the end of the day USC IS in the Pac 10, so not sure how relevant yer USC and no one else even is -

Wildcat what part of USC has won the Pac 10 for SIX STRAIGHT YEARS... do you not understand. We're not talking about the last 2 years, we're talking about the last 6. The point is, you wanna thump your chest about the Pac 10 being better than the Big Ten. Every week you star some sh|t. If you want to talk about the last 2 years, FINE. The Big Ten STILL had more BCS teams, as in, a team other than the dominant #1 can at least go onto the national stage. And while your 2nd place chump team consistantly goes to the Holiday Bowl every year to face the 4th best Big 12 team, the Big Ten consistantly plays SEC Teams. In other words, much tougher non conference tests. So lets review... Big Ten consistantly puts 2 teams into the BCS Bowl games, and 3rd and 4th place teams face SEC Competition. Pac 10 puts USC into a BCS bowl game (because they have run through the conference for 6 years without breaking a sweat) and there 2nd place team usually squares off against the 4th best Big 12 team (who also manage to put 2 teams into the BCS). So again, what other Pac 10 team does ANYTHING to make the league proud? The last 2 years have been awful for the Big Ten, there is no denying that, nor have I ever but once again I ask you if the Big Ten sucks so bad, what does that make the Pac 10 during USC's run of dominance. Not much from what I can tell. So far you and I have put our heads together and come up with Oregon last year (even though they didn't make it, I think everyone can agree that if Dixon had not torn his acl that they would have definately been playing for all the marbles).

And I'm not qualifying anything, if you want to view the 3-1 record of the Pac 10 vs the Big Ten as a great sense of accomplishment, go right ahead. If you want to continue to try and tout Oregon squeaking by a pretty bad Purdue team, then be my guest. Keep touting Cal as something special when they can't even beat a team that mustered up 14 points vs Delaware. I don't even care to point to Penn State destroying Oregon State, because quite frankly, I expected it and it's time to move on. Ditto for USC over Ohio State. No shock there at all. As for this argument, you'll go on spouting your endless garbage, but unless you're actually going to come up with some REAL enlightenment as to why ANYONE should view the Pac 10 as anything but a 1 team conference, then I have nothing left to say on the matter.

Wildcat what part of USC has won the Pac 10 for SIX STRAIGHT YEARS... do you not understand. We're not talking about the last 2 years, we're talking about the last 6.

I don't want to get in this pissing match between you two regarding conference strength because, honestly, it's pretty stupid. But. Brian, one question for you ..... If USC was in the Big 10 the last 6 years who do you think would have won the Big 10 the last 6 years?

Nuff said. :wacko:

I don't want to get in this pissing match between you two regarding conference strength because, honestly, it's pretty stupid. But. Brian, one question for you ..... If USC was in the Big 10 the last 6 years who do you think would have won the Big 10 the last 6 years?

Nuff said. :wacko:

I don't know, USC isn't in the Big Ten, so the relevance of that question is zero. They're in the Pac 10, and no one else in that conference has even sniffed that conferences title save for Oregon last season. I'm not trying to dispute how good USC has been. I am disputing this notion that if some Pac 10 fan is gonna sit here week after week, saying the Big Ten sucks blah blah blah, then he needs to look at his own conference. USC has dominated the Pac 10 for 6 years (more than likely 7, because the rest of the Pac 10 is complete crap this year. And in those 6 years of dominance, not one team has risen up to a national level to qualify for another BCS slot. So my only point is if you're gonna sit here and talk about how Ohio State has it sooooo easy, and how the Big Ten sucks, then take a look at USC's competition. Sorry, but if you don't even have a team that can at least somewhat get close to matching you nationally, then what does that say about the rest of the conference? The ONLY comeback I have EVER seen from Pac 10 fans is "well... the only teams to beat USC are Pac 10 teams." Law of averages folks, and it still doesn't dismiss the fact that the only team that has won the league is still USC.

I don't know, USC isn't in the Big Ten, so the relevance of that question is zero. They're in the Pac 10, and no one else in that conference has even sniffed that conferences title save for Oregon last season. I'm not trying to dispute how good USC has been. I am disputing this notion that if some Pac 10 fan is gonna sit here week after week, saying the Big Ten sucks blah blah blah, then he needs to look at his own conference. USC has dominated the Pac 10 for 6 years (more than likely 7, because the rest of the Pac 10 is complete crap this year. And in those 6 years of dominance, not one team has risen up to a national level to qualify for another BCS slot. So my only point is if you're gonna sit here and talk about how Ohio State has it sooooo easy, and how the Big Ten sucks, then take a look at USC's competition. Sorry, but if you don't even have a team that can at least somewhat get close to matching you nationally, then what does that say about the rest of the conference? The ONLY comeback I have EVER seen from Pac 10 fans is "well... the only teams to beat USC are Pac 10 teams." Law of averages folks, and it still doesn't dismiss the fact that the only team that has won the league is still USC.

law of averages :rofl - sorry that ain't gonna cut it- USC destroys teams OOC- and hasn't lost since 01 I believe- that is a little hard to ignore.- and I won't deny in conference games are usually tough, not matter which conference you are in. ANY USC player will tell you they have had their toughest competition, and year in and year out the best teams they have faced came in the Pac 10. period. AND yes, USC would absolutely OWN the Big 10 the past 6 years -

The Big 10 has sucked the past few years - deal with it. One thing you absolutely fail to mention is the Pac 10 plays people out of conference on a much much higher degree of difficulty than the Big 10, hence a mediocre team like WIsky (easily the most overrated teams year in and year out in the country IMO) - the Big 10 non conference competition has been horrible -

unreal- first of all- are you gonna seriously sit there touting the strength of the Big 10 lately? it has been the laughinstock of college football. OSU and Mich have proven rolling thru the Big 10 proves absolutely nothing.

If the Big 10 is so strong, please explain to me why OSU has NO SHOT at the NC game if they run the table wait for it............................. because the rest of the country is over the Big 10 that is why- the mediocrity that is the Big 10 just doesn't produce a NC -caliber team recently -

not gonna deny USC is and has been the best program in the country, and happens to be in the Pac 10- again, I ask you what exactly has the Big 10 shown minus OSU at any point recently? zero zip nada

whether it is Oregon destroying MIch, FLA humiliating OSU, or USC toying with OSU- they have been exposed on the big time national stage-

again, Brian there is no bias from me towards the Big 10- just real talk- I have no love for the Big 12 either but they are absolutely loaded this year- I have no issue giving credit where it is due and the Big 10 has earned none.

Oh yeah and I agree, being that the Big Ten plays most of its non conference teams against the Pac 10, I agree with you 100 %... we don't play high quality competition.

yer right, even in a down year, the Pac 10 is 3-1 heads up vs the Big 10 this year- and you love to hate to make excuses, yet - CAL took out MSU, who is what, the #3 team in the Big 10? and we saw the monumental difference between our best and your best -

I am over this - i don't really care about the Big 10- especially this year. Me, along with the rest of the country saw that OSU doesn't belong with the big boys- so we don't have to watch them in the NC game again- thank god.

Truth is neither conference is that bad. Just ask Coach Carroll. :wacko:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/pete-car...tate/2621623292

Have to say though the PAC10 has really struggled the most thus far this year. Those losses to MWC are hard to overlook. In fact many experts feel the PAC10's overall weakness this season could/should cost Southern Cal a shot at this year's BCS NC. That's bad news for the Big 10 since that means Southern Cal will most likely be playing in the Rose Bowl.

I guess the point that I was trying to make is that your claim that the Pac-10 is a one team league and isn't any good because USC has won the league SIX STRAIGHT YEARS. My point was that if USC was in YOUR league the last 6 Years they would have won the Big 12 SIX STRAIGHT YEARS too. I don't think the Big 10 sucks. I think they have 2 good teams and maybe (PSU) one great one. I think my Pac-10 is down this year and I feel they have 1 great team and 2 good ones. Now, if you think the best team in the Big 10 would beat the best team in the PAC-10 then a throw down might be in order :wacko:

Edited by theprofessor

My only point is, even when you guys ATTEMPT to try and defend this one team conference, you can't do anything but bring up what USC has done. The rest of the conference has very little accomplishments during USC's run of dominance. I know you'll just go back to well, Ohio State got beat last year and USC (theres USC again) drilled them this year. Well no shi|t they did. What does that have to do with the rest of the Big Ten or the 9 non-USC teams in the Pac 10? All it does is point out what NO ONE is denying, and that Ohio State got thumped by better teams. Your argument is that the Pac 10 is more than a 1 team conference. Yet, there is no evidence at all to suggest otherwise. And like I said, if Cals epic win at home vs Michigan State when most folks on the East Coast were long since asleep is your claim to fame, then by all means, don't let me stop you from thumping your chests about it. If Oregon sneaking by a very weak Purdue team is another claim to fame, again, don't let me stop you from thumping your chest about that one either.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

whether it is Oregon destroying MIch, FLA humiliating OSU, or USC toying with OSU- they have been exposed on the big time national stage-

Last year in the bowls OSU looked horrible and USC looked great, but other then that the Big 10 performed MUCH better then the Pac 10 in you consider the competition. The PAC 10 was favored in every match up except 1 and got beat in several contest they were favored in. The BIG 10 however were underdogs in every contest aside of 2 and pulled off big upsets.

Michigan beat Florida , Wisconsin beat Arkansas (McFadden and Felix Jones) ,

Arizona St loses to Hawaii , BYU 38-8 over Oregon

Now analyse this season, where the Pac 10 can't buy a game out of conference. They've dropped game after game to mid-level to pathetic teams. Yes USC pounded the Beanieless and "Baptizing of Pryor Day" Buckeyes, but we've handled our business out of conference.

The best game the Pac 10 has won out of conference aside of USC beating OSU , was the Purdue win, in which Purdue dominated the entire game up until the last minute................this Purdue team will be LUCKY to win 2 games in the Big 10 this season.

In other news the coaches poll has 5 Big 10 teams in the top 25 , while the Pac 10 only has 2 .

Edited by theeohiostate

Now analyse this season, where the Pac 10 can't buy a game out of conference. They've dropped game after game to mid-level to pathetic teams. Yes USC pounded the Beanieless and "Baptizing of Pryor Day" Buckeyes, but we've handled our business out of conference.

The best game the Pac 10 has won out of conference aside of USC beating OSU , was the Purdue win, in which Purdue dominated the entire game up until the last minute................this Purdue team will be LUCKY to win 2 games in the Big 10 this season.

In other news the coaches poll has 5 Big 10 teams in the top 25 , while the Pac 10 only has 2 .

OSU "handled" their out of conference games?? Uh, OSU played TROY, THE Univ. of Ohio, and Youngstown St. as their "out of conference" tests. (At least play a decent ACC team before you brag about OOC prowess. God forbid you play an SEC or Big12 team.) And NONE of those games were played on the road. OSU is a football factory which puts out a very lame product. Are you trying to say that ONE player would have been the difference in you winning against USC?? Keep wearing those Buckeye goggles.

Does the PAC-10 suck? YES!! What I find funny is Buckeye fan running down the PAC-10 yet conveniently ignoring the fact that they LOST to a weak conference. Can't have it both ways. PAC-10 sucks and BIG-10 swallows.

BTW, you mentioned the "COACHES" POLL". Everyone knows that the Coaches' Poll is a total JOKE!! Coaches only care about their own team and a team they're playing. They have NO time to watch any teams that aren't on their schedule. And they might be motivated to rank a team higher on the poll who beat their own team if it helped save their own arse. Yeah, politics might be involved with the stupid Coach Poll. Please don't mention that idiocracy again!

COACHES POLL, LMAO!!!

OSU "handled" their out of conference games?? Uh, OSU played TROY, THE Univ. of Ohio, and Youngstown St. as their "out of conference" tests. (At least play a decent ACC team before you brag about OOC prowess. God forbid you play an SEC or Big12 team.) And NONE of those games were played on the road. OSU is a football factory which puts out a very lame product. Are you trying to say that ONE player would have been the difference in you winning against USC?? Keep wearing those Buckeye goggles.

Does the PAC-10 suck? YES!! What I find funny is Buckeye fan running down the PAC-10 yet conveniently ignoring the fact that they LOST to a weak conference. Can't have it both ways. PAC-10 sucks and BIG-10 swallows.

BTW, you mentioned the "COACHES" POLL". Everyone knows that the Coaches' Poll is a total JOKE!! Coaches only care about their own team and a team they're playing. They have NO time to watch any teams that aren't on their schedule. And they might be motivated to rank a team higher on the poll who beat their own team if it helped save their own arse. Yeah, politics might be involved with the stupid Coach Poll. Please don't mention that idiocracy again!

COACHES POLL, LMAO!!!

werd- I like this dood - the Pac 10 is down, I readily admit it - but chit the Pac 10 goes and plays people, and is 3-1 su vs the Big 10. And yes Big 10 homers

USC, ORegon, CAl >> PSU, OSU, MSU - sorry

- hard to ignore the fact that mighty OSU is dominated all over the field and blown off the line on both sides of the ball vs USC, yet a mid-level pac 10 team like Oregon State mans up and beats up on USC at the line, and matches up with them all over the field - as a guy who watches a TON of college football that was pretty suprising to me actually, and shows how overrated a team like OSU really is.

you Big 10 guys were spouting off LASTY YEAR when yer league was brutal, yet again that it was better than the Pac 10 which was an abolsolue joke since most of the year it was in the the conversation with the SEC as the best conference - you guys are delusional.

Please save yer "big" bowl victories TOS - regular season games mean more than these lame bowls where the team that is happy and motivated to be there usually beats the team that doesn't - ie Mich over FLA last year-

it just shows how clueless you are when you refer to the Pac 10 losing to mid-level pathetic teams - really? BYU, Utah, Boise State

all the above teams are solid and the Pac 10 at leas has the sack to play some quality NC games -

sit back and watch as PSU drops a game, USC wins out, and is in the running for the NC when all is said and done - no one wants to see a Big 10 team play an OU, USC or an SEC squad anymore -

Edited by wildcat2334

- hard to ignore the fact that mighty OSU is dominated all over the field and blown off the line on both sides of the ball vs USC, yet a mid-level pac 10 team like Oregon State mans up and beats up on USC at the line, and matches up with them all over the field - as a guy who watches a TON of college football that was pretty suprising to me actually, and shows how overrated a team like OSU really is.

So both Stanford and PSU are better than USC then? I absolutely hate this kind of logic. You cannot try and judge one team by how a team they played faired against someone else. Pure stupidity.

So both Stanford and PSU are better than USC then? I absolutely hate this kind of logic. You cannot try and judge one team by how a team they played faired against someone else. Pure stupidity.

don't be a moran. I never said Oreg St was better than OSU - just that hard to ignore the talent in a team that is in the middle of the league

I am not making a statement just bc Oregon State won, jeebus, they could have lost the game and it would still be valid. They manned up and dominated the line of scrimmage while OSU was a bunch of wink wink lover boy that were exposed all over the field. Just showed simplay Oreg St is a talented team with as good of personnel as the all might Bucks wtih some ba11s. Now, time will tell is PSU is the class of the Big 10 - looks like it so far.

Sorry partnah I watch alot of football and you can take away alot more from a given game than just team A beat team B who beat team C , so A>C - that is a TOS simpleton comment, not mine-

don't be a moran. I never said Oreg St was better than OSU - just that hard to ignore the talent in a team that is in the middle of the league

I am not making a statement just bc Oregon State won, jeebus, they could have lost the game and it would still be valid. They manned up and dominated the line of scrimmage while OSU was a bunch of wink wink lover boy that were exposed all over the field. Just showed simplay Oreg St is a talented team with as good of personnel as the all might Bucks wtih some ba11s. Now, time will tell is PSU is the class of the Big 10 - looks like it so far.

Sorry partnah I watch alot of football and you can take away alot more from a given game than just team A beat team B who beat team C , so A>C - that is a TOS simpleton comment, not mine-

:wacko: step back and read how many times you contradict yourself.