[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

new top chef

MojoMan

Unta, I thought that Jamie the lesbo said that she was going to try not to win the quickfire...that was smart.

Policy - I think this season has been a big letdown.

I would like to try to make Stephan's desserts...supposedly they were delicious. However, bravo's recipes are always f()cked up...they don't work.

Jamie did say that. I then turned to my wife with my wise knowing look because Jamie just reiterated what I said.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes in I said to the Shiekette "Radhika should force Jeff to work front of the house. He's a natural with the public." Boom goes the dynamite. She gets bounced without even cooking a dish. Pretty embarrassing.

So friggin funny that the freezer was broken for both teams and Jeff was complaining that the stoves were either "5000 degrees or nothing", and then Stefan's prize for winning Restaurant Wars? A suite of the crappy ass appliances everyone was just crabbing about!! Whoo hoo!!

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the NFL episode a lot, even though the "All Stars" were limited to like, Spike & Andrew and the five geographically closest former "cheftestants". The only other bummer was that the scoring system twice turned razor-thin decisions to 10-0 blowouts based on the whims of culinary students . . . still, great idea, great format.

Oh, except why an even number of judges? That makes no sense.

Stephan is looking like the clear favorite now. He's also cracking me up. His way of ripping on every dude and hitting on every chick and completely getting away with it slays me.

Peace

policy

terrrrrrrrible call tonight on the loser

I agree 100%. I kept saying over and over to my wife in disbelief, "They sent Jamie packing?"

I enjoy Top Chef but this is a major problem with this show--They tend to completely forget about the season's accomplishments and focus on one show. Does anyone really think Leah has a chance to win it all or challenge Stefan? No fn way. Only Jamie could have done so. I really believe that so long as Stefan doesn't screw up, he waltzes to victory.

I though Leah was a goner for sure. Of course, I wasn't as impressed with Jamie since, outside of scallops and lesbians, I didn't see much else with her. Mmmmm, scallops and lesbians.

I hope Fabio picks it up again. Stefan seems to be an unstoppable machine.

I liked the NFL episode a lot, even though the "All Stars" were limited to like, Spike & Andrew and the five geographically closest former "cheftestants". The only other bummer was that the scoring system twice turned razor-thin decisions to 10-0 blowouts based on the whims of culinary students . . . still, great idea, great format.

Oh, except why an even number of judges? That makes no sense.

Stephan is looking like the clear favorite now. He's also cracking me up. His way of ripping on every dude and hitting on every chick and completely getting away with it slays me.

Peace

policy

The only thing I didn't like about the NFL challenge is Fabio and Stefan, not being American, didn't really have a clue about Dallas and Green Bay. All Stefan had to was cook a big juicy steak or such and I think Fabio just knew Green Bay was cheese. It was the only way you could see those 2 at the elimination table this early IMO...especially Stefan. I also think Jeff was a better chef than the show indicated.

Everytime Carla asks a question and sings the answer, I want to crush her.

Agreed on the Jaime elimination being SO weak. Leah openly gave up three shows ago, and Tom even called her out on it! Moreover, Tom says repeatedly in the blogs that they really don't see any of the behind the scenes stuff. If it's that obvious from her food that she's given up then give her what she's asking for and SEND HER HOME.

Jaime approached the Ripert challenge with a little too much arrogance and it did her in, but still she's better than Leah and working ten times as hard. BOO to that call.

Peace

policy

From the 'Top Chef' blogs on Bravo:

Bravotv.com: You seemed to really like Jamie — how upset were you that she went home?

(Stefan) I knew that question is going to come. I really love Jamie, as a chef, as a person and how she is. She is a straight shooter like me. Lots of people think, that we comes across as arrogant or pompous. Trust me, it is just love and passion for the kitchen. She is by far one of the most creative chefs I have met. She was my biggest competitor on the show. She is fun, and has the sweetest smile and laugh on the face of the earth. And yes, Jamie is that chef I want to cook against in the finale. Boring without her.

Agreed on the Jaime elimination being SO weak. Leah openly gave up three shows ago, and Tom even called her out on it! Moreover, Tom says repeatedly in the blogs that they really don't see any of the behind the scenes stuff. If it's that obvious from her food that she's given up then give her what she's asking for and SEND HER HOME.

Jaime approached the Ripert challenge with a little too much arrogance and it did her in, but still she's better than Leah and working ten times as hard. BOO to that call.

They're using the "input from the producers" clause in selecting who sticks around. Jaime was clearly one of the top 3 on this season. Stefan is head and shoulders above everyone else on the program to the point that anything that happens where he ends up on the chopping block is a gimmick and/or a trap laid out so that the ugly chick and her uglier boyfriend can get on the finals together.

They're using the "input from the producers" clause in selecting who sticks around. Jaime was clearly one of the top 3 on this season. Stefan is head and shoulders above everyone else on the program to the point that anything that happens where he ends up on the chopping block is a gimmick and/or a trap laid out so that the ugly chick and her uglier boyfriend can get on the finals together.

I have a hard time believing this. I just don't believe that chefs like Tom Colicchio and Eric Ripert would risk their reputations over reality show ratings.

I have a hard time believing this. I just don't believe that chefs like Tom Colicchio and Eric Ripert would risk their reputations over reality show ratings.

As opposed to the free promotion an hour a week on a mad-for-television competition show give their reputations? :wacko:

As opposed to the free promotion an hour a week on a mad-for-television competition show give their reputations? :wacko:

I'd assert there's a huge difference in being a judge on a show for young chefs vs selling out your ideals and integrity by being a willing pawn in allowing the producers to fk over a young chef.

I actually thought Hosea was going home. The dude blew it on a fish challenge. The dude is a fish expert.

I think they let the lesbian go based on total performance up until that point. Sure, she totally blew the challenge, but she also seemed way too aloof at times and I didn't think she was all that inventive at all. Scallops. Scallops. Rainbows. Scallops. Meh.

Leah does suck. Unless one of the others royally screws up, she's likely gone-zo. Speaking of Gonzo, or Jar-Jar Binks... that chick looked like she was toast and has had a nice little comeback. I don't think she outduels one of the dudes for the win, but she will last longer than Leah.

I actually like Hosea's chances. If he can rebound from the fish fiasco, I think both he and Fabio have a chance to take Stefan head-to-head. Yeah, unless he royally blows it, Stefan's gonna have a chance at winning.

First of all, I want to thank you all for getting me into this show. Very, very entertaining.

Second of all, I am totally glad that Leah got her ticket home last night. Clearly, her heart wasn't in it. I loved Fabio's line about this being Top Chef, not Top enchilada. Way to hang in there.

This is the season of the uncooked egg. Tom was right when he said old chefs like their meat cooked more than young chefs nowadays. I don't mind my meat a little rare, but some of this stuff these chefs serve nowadays is basically raw. I know some say they like their steak bloody, but that is raw and it's not ruining a cut of meat to put some heat to it....or their eggs. :wacko:

ETA: Glad Leah is gone. Would love to see a Fabio/Stefan battle at the end. Looks like Hosea has some issues next week from the previews. I guess he has to cook something other than seafood.

Edited by TimC

ETA: Glad Leah is gone. Would love to see a Fabio/Stefan battle at the end. Looks like Hosea has some issues next week from the previews. I guess he has to cook something other than seafood.

Based on what Hosea did last night maybe not touching seafood is a good thing? :wacko:

Stefan is clearly the best out of that group, but slipped up... will he slip up again? Honestly, I think all four have a pretty equal shot at winning. Hosea has the farthest to go, but could surprise. Jar Jar is classicly trained and will work well with New Orleans cuisine. And Fabio is passionate and a solid chef all around.

Should be a good ending to this season. Better than last season for sure.

Stefan is clearly the best out of that group, but slipped up... will he slip up again? Honestly, I think all four have a pretty equal shot at winning. Hosea has the farthest to go, but could surprise. Jar Jar is classicly trained and will work well with New Orleans cuisine. And Fabio is passionate and a solid chef all around.

Exactly, Stefan seems to be stumbling the last couple of weeks, Fabio has been steady and pretty solid the whole time, Carla is coming on like a freight train it seems, and Hosea seems to do just enough to make it.....like Tom (I think) said about someone's criticism of his dish last night, it hasn't been bad enough to send him home, but not good enough for him to win.

I think this season's chefs are way, way weaker than last seasons. Sure, at this point, all of these guys can cook "fine-dining" restaurant quality dishes. However, Top Chef usually selects and rewards someone with creativity whether with new techniques, flavor combinations, or just being cool.

Example...Richard Blais' "perplexed" tofu cooked with beef fat from Season 4. Man, that was clever and apparently it tasted great too.

On another note. Four are going to NO. Presumably there are two finales. Do you guys think two will be eliminated next week for a head-to-head final finale (like Harold vs. Tiffani or Marcel vs. Ilan) or will it be three going to the final like they've done more recently? I prefer the one on one.