[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Had Hyrnia Surgery

Guggs

I had a hyrnia operation 8 months ago and there is still some minor discomfort there. I wouldn't call it pain, but I can have some discomfort at times and is sensitive to the touch. I know, I know "see a doctor." I am not one to run to the doctor for every little thing. Since hyrnias are somewhat common, just getting some opinions and seeing if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks.

Edited by Guggs

What kind of hernia did you have? Assuming it's the typical groinal version. I know with my hernia surgery, there was a rather good chance of infection. You may be having a bit of a reaction to whatever they used to repair it.

I had a Inguinal hernia, which is most common.

It can be normal to have "minor discomfort" eight months after an inguinal hernia repair. The only way you'll know if anything's wrong is to go see a general surgeon (hopefully the one who did the original surgery). An exam and imaging study (if necessary) should be able to detect any abnormalities.

I had a Inguinal hernia, which is most common.

I had the same surgery 1-1/2 years ago. I still have discomfort. The important thing is to take it easy. You don't want to have it done again. I also got nerve damage because of the procedure. It only occurs to 1/2% of people having Inguinal hernia surgery. They had to inject a steroid into the affected area to deaden the nerve. The surgery/recovery was painful enough but the nerve damage pain was excruciating. I doubt you have that as it would be very apparent to you. Just take it easy and let it heal. Proper recovery can be anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. Good luck.

Crispy