[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Phillies

TDFFFreak

Since I didn't see a thread in here on the Phillies, I thought it was time to start one. I thought the Cubs were the team to beat and they got swept by the Dodgers. I see an opening for the Phillies to make it to the World Series (and possibly a championship?). Needless to say, with a trip to the NLCS series, this season is a moderate success for Philadelphia already.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I didn't see a thread in here on the Phillies, I thought it was time to start one. I thought the Cubs were the team to beat and they got swept by the Dodgers. I see an opening for the Phillies to make it to the World Series (and possibly a championship?). Needless to say, with a trip to the NLCS series, this season is a moderate success for Philadelphia already.

Looks like the current line is Phillies 5-7 to win the pennant, a small favorite. I think this series could go 6 or 7. If they do get to the WS, they'd certainly have as good a chance as the Cardinals did the year they went 7 exhausting games with the Mets and then faced and beat a Tigers team that had its entire pitching staff on full rest.

I was thinking the same; since the Cubs are gone, the Dodgers have a great chance at making the series. :D

Should be fun. :wacko:

As a closet Phillies fan ... I guess I'm getting ready to have my heart broken again just like Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams against Toronto a few years ago. :wacko:

A few years ago? Try 15 years ago....And yes he blew it for philly....but thats a whole different story....

Just for fun I decided to throw out a couple predictions for this series.

Phillies will beat the Dodgers in 5.

Cole Hamels will throw on 3 days rest and win both games he pitches vs the dodgers.

Super Manny will have more walks then hits in the series.

Shane Victorino will be the NLCS MVP.

Brad Lidge will scare the hell outta us but he'll stay perfect in saves.

Pat Burrell will throw someone out at home.

Brett Myers will pinch hit in extra innnings and have a walkoff single to win the game.

I know im pushing it but im a homer....LETS GO PHILLIES!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Looking good, Phils fans! I thought tonight was just as important as Game 1....Dodgers needed to steal one here, and it didn't happen, thanks to some great 2-out at-bats tonight, a defensive gem by Victorino, and some quality bp work from Romero/Madsen/Lidge. Both bullpens have been stellar.

What is up with Myers going 3-3?? Outrageous!

Take 1 of 3 in LA, and come home needing to win just 1....looking mighty good right now! :wacko:

Nomars last ab in game 2 was one of the weakest abs I have ever witnessed by a pro ballplayer

Oh sure, he sucked, but at least he was trying. He's always been a first pitch swinger. He just went after the 2nd and 3rd too. :wacko:

You want to see a phenomenally bad at bat... see Manny vs. Mariano Rivera this season. He literally stood there with the bat on his shoulder and took 3 strikes. It was stunning.

I've seen people do that before. Nomar's at bat was just plain FUGLY.

It was horrible. 3 horrific swings with a digusted smirk after each for being fooled so badly

You want to see a phenomenally bad at bat... see Manny vs. Mariano Rivera this season. He literally stood there with the bat on his shoulder and took 3 strikes. It was stunning.

Uh, there was a lot more to that AB than what you saw. . .

meh, I never saw this series as a sweep....I still see it going 6.

Some notes and predictions:

1. Lots of Dodgers fans dressed as empty seats in the 9th inning. Beating traffic home at 8:00 PST?

2. See this series being evened tomorrow, with the Phils again struggling to solve Lowe. Their home runs off him in game 1 will be long fly balls in Dodger Stadium. Blanton will pitch well in a losing cause....Dodgers 4, Phils 2.

3. Hamels comes home to the west coast, and pitches a gem in Game 5....Phils 5, Dodgers 1.

6. Myers, pitching with a chance to clinch against a deflated Dodger team, takes adrenaline to an all-time high, and again uses his arm and bat to energize the home crowd. Sending them to the first World Series in 15 years, the Phils take the series in 6 with a 6-4 win.

or somehting like that....