[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Red River Rivalry

Sgt Ryan

Agree w/ some, especially the part about there being no go-to RB.. but Ogbonnaya has been pretty versatile. Totally disagree that McCoy will get laid out if he tries to run on the OU defense. Not saying he's gonna go buck-wild, but he'll be efficient. Not sure I understand why you say UT's a better team than Tech (which can beat OU), but imply that UT's gonna lose this big time.

I'm also a realist and realize the Horns haven't played anyone worth a damn, but this game's gonna be played close. Or at least I hope so. :wacko:

Tech absolutely can beat OU. So can Texas. But OU still wins those games more times than not. We're dealing with kids. Anything can happen. I am more worried about Tech and Mizzou (if we get there) than I am Texas though. But it certainly wouldn't be a shocker to see Texas win Saturday.

I think that Texas is a more well rounded team than Tech, and on average will out perform them. I think Tech is a lot more hit or miss, but when they are own they are a sight to behold. I think Texas will win more games this year than Tech will, but I think Tech can beat anyone in the country if they are on. Tech just isn't consistent enough to be a National Champion, but they are good enough when the don't make mistakes to beat anyone.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I understand why you say UT's a better team than Tech (which can beat OU), but imply that UT's gonna lose this big time.

Its called match ups. I figured a writer at this site would understand how some teams match up better against one team, than others.

Ill explain the strength and weakness of each of the teams involved in this arguement if you like, so you learn something for your next article. :wacko:

I too think Tech would lose to Texas, but Tech could beat OU. But Im not going to say I think OU wins vs Texas, because this is a rivalry game, and even when one team is better than the other, AKA Peter Gardere years. It doesnt always shake out that way.

edit to add: Just bustin your balls Darin. I took it on the chin too when I was here, by co called know it alls as well.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

The line is 6 1/2. OU should cover that in the 1st quarter and not look back. McCoy will not be able to carry the Texas offense all game and will make a mistake late in the 2nd half from trying too hard. OU has too many weapons on offense and the best defense in the Big 12, by far. A blowout for OU here and national championship could be on the horizon.

If oklahoma loses, for how many months do you think we'll hear about those roughing the passer penalties?

Bad calls in both cases, only because there wasn't enough contact to actually knock anyone to the ground, but there is really nobody to blame but the OU defensive back, or maybe even the coaching. You can NOT put your hands on the offensive player when they're already out of bounds (and he WAS clearly out of bounds on both plays)... too big of a risk that they'll flop like McCoy basically did both times. It almost looked like #28 was trying to help hold him up, which makes even less sense. It's not his job... like Stoops was saying to him after the second instance, "Just don't touch him." Seems pretty simple.

If Texas wins, that should not be an excuse, as it was nobody's fault but OU's, like I said. Not very smart football. Whether McCoy flopped or not is not the issue.

Lot of time, left, though... this one is going to go down to the wire... Last play may decide it, I have a feeling.

Edited by Gopher

Horrible officiating.

OU gets 4 points given to them on the first NON TD , dude never made it anywhere close to the endzone.

Texas gets 3 points handed to them with a FG on an obvious INT

Now Texas gets completely hosed by the bogus PF for roughing the kicker, one of the worst calls I've seen all year. OU goes on for a TD

So far I have it Refs give OU 11 points and Texas 3 points. Ridiculous , no legit winner here today. Texas needs a miracle to overcome that point differential

Whoever wins this game will have been helped by the refs , especially OU

Edited by theeohiostate

Horrible officiating.

OU gets 4 points given to them on the first NON TD , dude never made it anywhere close to the endzone.

Now Texas gets completely hosed by the bogus PF for roughing the kicker, one of the worst calls I've seen all year. OU goes on for a TD

So far I have it Refs give OU 11 points and Texas 3 points. Ridiculous , no legit winner here today. Texas needs a miracle to overcome that point differential

I'll say the same thing here as I did regarding the late hits out of bounds. You can't make contact with the kicker, or you run the risk of getting flagged. Did he flop? Of course he did. But, the defender should have never gotten close enough to him to make it a possibility.

Horrible officiating.

what is wrong with you?

you have nothing better than to sit there and talk about bad calls - they happen get over it and enjoy the football

yer posts make u sound like a delusional effin lunatic

what is wrong with you?

you have nothing better than to sit there and talk about bad calls - they happen get over it and enjoy the football

yer posts make u sound like a delusional effin lunatic

Bad calls are part of the game ? I don't accept that ! The have instant replay, yet still gave OU a TD in the 1st quarter on a play that wasn't a TD.

If you choose to accept ignorant officiating as part of your sports, then more power to you. I for one am outraged and the continued bad calls in this game , a holding call is subjective. A knee being down before reaching the endzone is not when instant replay is used. Nor is an interception not called and uphelp somehow by replay.

I like to think there are more good crews then bad, but this crew has completely mishandled this game. OU was the one helped more by them, but they are proving to be over rated letting the Longhorns score a season high against that "vaunted" defense. :wacko:

Good game, but didn't come down to the last play like I thought it might.

Two very good offenses, particularly passing. QB's both played great, but each forced at least one pass for INT. Still, Bradford had 5 TD passes, and McCoy had an 80% completion rate. Solid performance by both, and they each showed a lot of class afterwards, in their brief exchange at midfield.

Not much defense on either side. In their defense, it's sometimes hard to gauge in a game like this, where two offensive powerhouses meet, and the game is as close as this was. So, I don't think either defense is as "bad" as they looked today. Both QB's simply picked the opposing defense apart... more to do with the QB play than bad defense.

That said, I think it's pretty clear that the best DEFENSIVE teams in college football are in the SEC. Whether that means that the national champion will eventually come out of the SEC as well is yet to be seen.

Should be another shootout next week between Texas and Missouri. :wacko:

I saw bad officiating, two defenses with major holes in them, undisciplined play(i counted at least 6 drive extending penalties) but the stat of the game and it is a jaw dropper considering these numbers were put up by the #1 team in the country... drum roll please...

26 rushes for 48 yards

I saw bad officiating, two defenses with major holes in them, undisciplined play(i counted at least 6 drive extending penalties) but the stat of the game and it is a jaw dropper considering these numbers were put up by the #1 team in the country... drum roll please...

26 rushes for 48 yards

Ture dat.

This team had no business being ranked, by default. Biggest win was against the UC Bearcats.

IMO, USC is still the best team in the country and we should see that come to light by season's end. They have the best win of the season to date.

Ture dat.

This team had no business being ranked, by default. Biggest win was against the UC Bearcats.

IMO, USC is still the best team in the country and we should see that come to light by season's end. They have the best win of the season to date.

Sorry, USC is not the best team in the country... maybe the most talented but not the best. I'm guessing your opinion of the best win this season was against Ohio State? Sorry dude but Ohio State was/is overrated.

It's a good thing for Texas that they were indeed good enough to be in this game and ultimately win it because their next three opponents are Mizzou, Okie St and T. Tech. They will likely drop at least one of those three but if they survive the gauntlet they will likely be the overwhelming #1 team in the country as of November 2nd.

Ture dat.

so predictable -

solid analysis yet again - OU had not business being ranked, right.................

this is the best win to date homie- well done by UT

gonna be a clusterf*ck yet gain, I see a bunch of 1 L teams at the end of the season