[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SEC GOTW

SLAYER

I'm very interested in how the Tigers solve the Gator O, particularly Harvin. The DB's are weak in coverage and Harvin could light them up. Florida will not have success running and on the other side can the Gators stop the Tigers rushing game. Unfortunately Miles is going to use the 2 QB system.

This is the first test the Tigers face. Do they really deserved to ranked #3? I personally do not have them at #3, but if they can beat the Gators in the Swamp

At the beginning of the year, I thought Florida's offense would be scary. My belief was that if our defense could perform adequately, it would be near impossible to beat Florida. Well, our defense has been adequate and definitely improved over last year. However, the offense has been lacking. The running game has not been there and the Gators have over relied on Harvin. IMO, there are too many playmakers on this team that are not being utilized.

That being said, each SEC game becomes the season for Florida. Two losses in the SEC most likely leaves them out of the SEC championship game. Urban game plans well . The Swamp will be loud and it's hard for any Florida fan to imagine two losses their in one season. This will be a good test for Tebow and his ability to lead this team.

I'm not sure what to expect but I see the world through Orange and Blue colored glasses. Therefore, I believe (hope) Florida will win.

Not sure if anyone has noticed, but I've been a little humble this season when it comes to LSU football. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I think the Tigers aren't good. Just haven't yet formulated my opinion on whether LSU is once again an elite team in college football. No doubt the talent is there. The question mark for me remains the QB position since Ryan Perrilloux was released this summer.

CONCERN: LSU will start an inexperienced redshirt freshman QB, backed up by an inexperienced sophomore Harvard transfer...IN THE SWAMP!. Not good, is it?

Offensively the good news for LSU has been the production of Charles Scott another punishing Jacob Hester like RB averaging well over 100 yds per game. To me it's critical that Scott have another great game keeping pressure off our young quarterbacks. Defensively LSU is no slouch, however they need to improve in the turnover department if they hope to stop Tebow and company.

Let's face it, LSU has as USC's Coach Carroll would say a "ridiculously hard" task this Saturday. Playing in the Swamp versus a Gator team that has their SEC & BCS backs up against the wall. Gators can not afford to lose this one! Glancing at the odds on the game it seems Vegas agrees. Hometown Florida Gators are a 6 point favorite. Seems a little high, but what concerns me is I hear the majority of your average Joe Blow football fan is taking LSU?

I can easily see this game coming down to special teams with both teams having speedy return men, however for LSU it may come down to protecting their kickers. Heard that Gators have blocked something like 12 punts since Urban Meyers arrival & are an impressive 15-1 record when they block any kick in a game.

Here's hoping LSU's punt ugly formation survives yet another game and LSU pulls out a primetime showdown between two of the SEC's best.

LSU 23 Florida 21

night game at the swamp - I think this would could get away from LSU - real tough spot for inexperienced QB's

a fairly close game thru the half, then I look for FLA to pull away in the 3rd and 4th

FLA 31

LSU 14

Care to give me LSU and 14 :wacko: For any amount you want.

And you got it all wrong. LSU is a 2nd half team, they rotate 9 D lineman throught the game in the 4th they dominate, if anything Fla pulls away early and LSU falls short in the comeback. If it's close at halftime it will be close or a LSU walk.

Edited by SLAYER

I'm a Gator fan, and this season has come down to one glaring weakness, and it's a bit hard to say this: Coaching.

Our offensive line has been pretty weak, but Dan Mullen (Who I now call Dan Retard) is a terrible offensive coordinator.

Our defense has been good enough in most games except against Ole Miss. Few mistakes in that game.

Our running game has been spotty, and we really need Moody to get healthy. We will need him.

At the moment our running game consists of freshmen Jeffrey Demps and Chris Rainey.

These are two speedsters (both run in the 4.2's) but they need SPACE to be successful.

Which is one of the reasons running Rainey THREE TIMES on third and one right up the middle makes no sense. Again, Dan Mullen. :wacko:

This game will likely come down to the running game and who can stop the run.

I don't expect LSU to make their QB do much, especially with the game in the Swamp.

I expect a big game from Tebow.

He'll be fired up.

Gators: 35

LSU: 21

I'm a Gator fan, and this season has come down to one glaring weakness, and it's a bit hard to say this: Coaching.

Our offensive line has been pretty weak, but Dan Mullen (Who I now call Dan Retard) is a terrible offensive coordinator.

Our defense has been good enough in most games except against Ole Miss. Few mistakes in that game.

Our running game has been spotty, and we really need Moody to get healthy. We will need him.

At the moment our running game consists of freshmen Jeffrey Demps and Chris Rainey.

These are two speedsters (both run in the 4.2's) but they need SPACE to be successful.

Which is one of the reasons running Rainey THREE TIMES on third and one right up the middle makes no sense. Again, Dan Mullen. :wacko:

This game will likely come down to the running game and who can stop the run.

I don't expect LSU to make their QB do much, especially with the game in the Swamp.

I expect a big game from Tebow.

He'll be fired up.

Gators: 35

LSU: 21

You better pray that LSU asks their QB to do a lot, because if they don't then that means it's a cake walk. Study your team's opponent before posting. LSU will use their dominate line to try and control the game. If they fall behind don't expect them to stay with the ground game. They will throw as they did against Auburn. Just because the QB's are young and inexperienced doesn't mean Miles babies them.

and I'm hoping they run Rainey, Demps, Moody and Tebow. as long as Harvin touches decrease. Harvin in the passing game is what scares the hell out of me. If Tebow has the time to throw then it could turn ugly because I just don't trust our CB's.

You better pray that LSU asks their QB to do a lot, because if they don't then that means it's a cake walk. Study your team's opponent before posting. LSU will use their dominate line to try and control the game. If they fall behind don't expect them to stay with the ground game. They will throw as they did against Auburn. Just because the QB's are young and inexperienced doesn't mean Miles babies them.

and I'm hoping they run Rainey, Demps, Moody and Tebow. as long as Harvin touches decrease. Harvin in the passing game is what scares the hell out of me. If Tebow has the time to throw then it could turn ugly because I just don't trust our CB's.

Moody: Is out.

Just a note: We are 2-3 when Harvin gets 200+ total yards or more.

So yes, I hope he gets his touches, but in moderation.

We are at our best when we spread the ball around.

Harvin is also one of our biggest ball carriers.

Shouldn't change this game.

Edited by Reggie4POY

Care to give me LSU and 14 :wacko: For any amount you want.

And you got it all wrong. LSU is a 2nd half team, they rotate 9 D lineman throught the game in the 4th they dominate, if anything Fla pulls away early and LSU falls short in the comeback. If it's close at halftime it will be close or a LSU walk.

I don't really make a habit of giving more points than the line - thanks tho :D

now, I will gladly take a wager with you on FLA -6

name yer price

I'm ready parties start at 11. This is a really big game for both teams. If Florida loses they are basically out of he SEC championship. LSU has to prove they are worthy of their position in the polls, having only played Auburn.

Everyone is talking about the young QB's from the Tigers not being able to handle the Swamp and the intensity of the game. the same could be said of the Gator D with 9 of the starters being Fr. & So.

I think Lee & Hutch will be fine. What kind of QB rotation will be used is anyone's guess. I'm thinking Lee plays 75% of plays or more unless he is really havimg a bad nite. The key to the game will be if the Gators can stop Scott from getting 100-150 yds.

Like I said before Harvin going against Eugene scares the hell out of me. LSU will blitz Tebow to try to offset this matchup, but that leaves less help for Eugene so it's pick your poison.

The punting game will be interesting, also. Each team has a breakaway threat as return men. will they punt to them or OOB. there will be some interesting coaching that will have to happen and we all know Miles will do something stupid unusual.

overall I'm saying a close good game and since I see the game through purple and gold glasses LSU 27 Fla. 24

We are at our best when we spread the ball around.

This is key for UF in any game. They have more weapons than pretty much anyone in the country can handle but they haven't really done a great job of taking advantage of it. If they do figure it out tonight they will score plenty and win.

Florida is not as good as people think. Their offense can be easily contained due to an anemic running offense and the inability to move the ball passing, lack of a good receiving corp.

LSU runs away in the second half.

LSU - 27

UF - 10.

Florida is not as good as people think. Their offense can be easily contained due to an anemic running offense and the inability to move the ball passing, lack of a good receiving corp.

LSU runs away in the second half.

LSU - 27

UF - 10.

Says a Georgia fan.

How typical.

Says a Georgia fan.

How typical.

I've thought SEC to be relatively level headed and thoughtful poster. He also provided reasons for his prediction. I'll say that if we play against LSU the way we played against Ole Miss, we'll be lucky to only lose 27-10.

The only issues I have with these statements are that, 1) if you've been watching the Gators you know they haven't been very good and therefore wouldn't "think" they are and 2) I feel they've grossly underachieved thus far. This is an offense with loads of talent that just hasn't really clicked. All that said, if they continue to play as they have to this point they will lose this game.