[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Go Rays

Sir Loins of Beef

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sox are so impressive. Francona is the perfect guy for that team and they just know how to win. The Rays will need to get some timely hitting and not make many mistakes to win this. Game 1 the Rays had so many chances but Dice K is just a master of getting out of a jam. Should be a great series

Game 2 has been great. Right now it is bases loaded bottom 11 for the Rays. Ump has been very questionable this inning for Timlin.

Tagged on a fly ball. Game over Rays win. Great game.

this baby is OVER

Rays are the superior team across the board, and with Beckett being less than 100% forget about it

Oh my.

Confident Yankee fans up 2 and 3 games in 2004

Loaf's post when Boston was down 2 games last year.

I'm not saying Boston will definitely pull this out... but they've come from behind int he ALCS this millennium a lot more than they haven't. It might be a little overconfident to call it "over" right now.

Oh my.

I'm not saying Boston will definitely pull this out... but they've come from behind int he ALCS this millennium a lot more than they haven't. It might be a little overconfident to call it "over" right now.

all good- but this isn't the same Boston team.

Rays look younger, faster, and are a much better hitting ballclub that is tearing the cover off the baseball and they play way better defense

Boston had it's run- this squad ain't gonna get it done.

Oh my.

As a Rays fan I'll never look ahead. Too damned superstitous. But these guys have never been in this position before(ala the Yanks and the Tribe) and have no real expectations so I doubt they will take anything for granted... they haven't thus far. wildcat makes an excellent point... this is not quite the same Sox team. Manny and Lowell combined for something like 18 RBI in that ALCS last year and Beckett was on point. Again, no way in hell I'm about to start counting my chickens but if the Sox can pull it off again this year the bats will have to wake up in a big way and it will be in a shoot-out cause the Rays bats are not likely to go completely quiet like the Indians did last season. <crossing fingers>

Go Rays!!!

As a Rays fan I'll never look ahead. Too damned superstitous. But these guys have never been in this position before(ala the Yanks and the Tribe) and have no real expectations so I doubt they will take anything for granted... they haven't thus far. wildcat makes an excellent point... this is not quite the same Sox team. Manny and Lowell combined for something like 18 RBI in that ALCS last year and Beckett was on point. Again, no way in hell I'm about to start counting my chickens but if the Sox can pull it off again this year the bats will have to wake up in a big way and it will be in a shoot-out cause the Rays bats are not likely to go completely quiet like the Indians did last season. <crossing fingers>

Go Rays!!!

I'm not going to pretend I have any vile hatred for the Rays. If your guys do end up beating us, I'll root for them in the WS. I love a team that defies the odds.

But I'm not rooting for them yet. :wacko:

Oh my.

Oh my It warms the heart just a little to see The sox ousted by the Rays. It's not over yet but it is. :wacko:

:D

I just got texted from the East Coast. "Oh S**t. Now I have to stay up and watch this."

Still 7 outs to go to get back 3 runs. This isn't impossible. :wacko:

call me crazy but i think the Sox come back to tie it and lose in extra innings :D

dude. did you have that typed before it happened? You're fast.

6 outs to get 1 run.

nah just sitting here with the game on while I am finishing up my portion of the IDP Game Breakdowns on my laptop...oh and the tying run is in scoring position

Dumb run to second.

That's what I thought, too... but maybe he was trying to break up the throw home by getting crazy.

But seriously... I'll give him some leeway after that at bat. Wheeler threw him 10 fastballs in a row and he kept fouling them off. Crazy.

Edited by AtomicCEO