[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

STATS - "DF"

gavel

On the STATS pages there is a "DF" desgination. I don't know if this means the overall defense or defensive front down linemen or something else. Can someone please clarify? I'm curious what the number represents such as a composite of sacks, tackles, etc?

Gavel

if you are referring to the "DF" on the 2008 overall stats page that represents the overall team defense performance. Many leagues use team defenses versus individual defensive players and those stats are a guide for selecting the best ones for your team.

WashD

Thanks WashD. I kept thinking in my head it was "defensive front" for some reason. Thanks for the clarification.

Gavel

Thanks WashD. I kept thinking in my head it was "defensive front" for some reason. Thanks for the clarification.

Gavel

I guess what confuses me is that when I look at the DF for Baltimore it says they got a 24 which seems to me to be low for who they are. I would think the would have been a top 10 defense in the stats. But thanks anymore it is just confusing.

Gavel

I assume you are looking at the Team position Ranks?

If so, then using Baltimore for example, the ranking under Team position Defensive Ranks is the ranking of what those teams allow other positions to score, so the Baltimore ranking (currently 29) means that they allow a lot of points to team defenses playing againt them (ie, the BAL offense turns the ball over and gets sacked a lot). Looking at the other positions, they are ranked 4th toughest against QBs, the toughest against RBs, #6 against WRs etc., showing that their defense is good at shutting down opposing offenses.

On the flip side, the Team Position Offensive Rankings show the opposite, what the offens is generating, and you can see that other than RB (10th ranked), the rest of the offense is some of the worst in the league in terms of fantasy production. The team defense is 15th.

• WJW locked this topic