[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another #1 wannabe falls

theeohiostate

Georgia - bye

USC - bye

OU - bye

Bama now get's the #1 spot after another over rated #1 team gets the boot. I think OU was the worst #1 team thus far this season.

The best team they've beaten this season was The Bearcats of UC :wacko:

No way Bama holds the top spot too long playing in the SEC

Surprisingly Penn St has played the best and most consistent football of any team I've seen all season. If they get by the Bucks , I see them finishing the season as the #1 team in the country.

Good thing OU doesn't have to play any tough BIG 10 teams like Michigan, they would never stack up.......OSU is done, they got spanked by SC so they can't get in over them, the BIG12 and/or SEC will have about 5-7 teams above OSU at the end of the year....get over it, your season is done!!!

Good thing OU doesn't have to play any tough BIG 10 teams like Michigan, they would never stack up.......OSU is done, they got spanked by SC so they can't get in over them, the BIG12 and/or SEC will have about 5-7 teams above OSU at the end of the year....get over it, your season is done!!!

:wacko: Michigan, the team that just lost to Dayton at home? :D

Oh wait, it gets better... Dayton is now 2-4... and lost 31-0 at home to Ball St. Granted, Ball St. is now a ranked team, but come on. Michigan?

Edited by darin3

Georgia - bye

USC - bye

OU - bye

Bama now get's the #1 spot after another over rated #1 team gets the boot. I think OU was the worst #1 team thus far this season.

Surprisingly Penn St has played the best and most consistent football of any team I've seen all season. If they get by the Bucks , I see them finishing the season as the #1 team in the country.

Why? Georgia was EMBARASSED by Alabama. USC was dominated by OSU. OU scored at will against a Texas team that supposedly has a pretty decent defense. They lost a game that could have gone either way, in my opinion, to a top-five team at a neutral site. Texas simply made more big plays in the 4th quarter. In fact, I would go as far as to say that OU outplayed Texas for three quarters. They then folded in the final quarter (in somewhat typical Stoops fashion, many would argue), but I'm just not sure how you can say they're the "worst", when the other two hardly bothered to show up to defend their #1 status, at the time. If there ever was a #1 team to lose and still deserve to not drop very far in the rankings, this was it, in my opinion. I would not be surprised if OU stays in the top 5-7 in the rankings after this, and probably deservedly so.

In other news, Minnesota is putting together a nice first half to their season...I know they haven't played anybody, and Illinois is not what they were a year ago, and the Big Ten is terrible, blah, blah, blah... but anything is better than the one-win season from a year ago. :D I know that doesn't belong in this thread, but I don't want to get anyone too riled up by starting a new thread about Minnesota football. :D

:wacko:

What does this post have to do with the topic title ?

No defense for my statement results in conference bashing.........typical. Get back with me with something pertinent to the thread title please.

Not so fast! If LSU beats FL at the Swamp, especially handily, they may very well be #1.

Edited by BS Miscreant

Georgia - bye

USC - bye

OU - bye

Would not be surprised if Texas jumps Bama, Penn State better be ready to play against the badgers and not be looking ahead to your bucks.

Georgia - bye

USC - bye

OU - bye

First things first, winning in Madison is NOT an easy task. Then, a home game against Michigan, and a trip to Columbus. I'm so freaking excited for tonight's game, I can hardly contain myself............... :D WE ARE, PENN STATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wacko:

What does this post have to do with the topic title ?

No defense for my statement results in conference bashing.........typical. Get back with me with something pertinent to the thread title please.

On topic....

Don't be so sure that Texas does not end up #1 come Monday, if so they have a tough matchup against MU, who with a solid win tonight could also jump Bama......that would make the winner of next weeks game the new #1 or remain at the top.....

Agree Penn St has a good shot at being in the NC game, they should be able to run the table, unless Michigan trips them up....

On topic....

Don't be so sure that Texas does not end up #1 come Monday, if so they have a tough matchup against MU, who with a solid win tonight could also jump Bama......that would make the winner of next weeks game the new #1 or remain at the top.....

Agree Penn St has a good shot at being in the NC game, they should be able to run the table, unless Michigan trips them up....

I'm a bit more worried about Wisconsin tonight and Ohio State in Columbus than I am Michigan at home. However, Michigan has completely owned Penn State. If Penn State doesn't beat them this year, they might not ever beat them.

That would be Toledo. THE University of Toledo :D

Oh yeah, Toledo.... wrong random Ohio city. :wacko:

Still holds true... Michigan sucks. The Big-11 sucks.... well, minus a couple of squads. SEC or Big-12 schools, for the majority, would spank the Big-11 opponents. We'll see come bowl time who really has it. As Men-You-Do alluded to a few posts back, I'd love to see how Penn St. faces off against a rip-roaring offense like Texas Tech.

Oh yeah, Toledo.... wrong random Ohio city. :wacko:

Still holds true... Michigan sucks. The Big-11 sucks.... well, minus a couple of squads. SEC or Big-12 schools, for the majority, would spank the Big-11 opponents. We'll see come bowl time who really has it. As Men-You-Do alluded to a few posts back, I'd love to see how Penn St. faces off against a rip-roaring offense like Texas Tech.

I hope to find out, but, I'm feeling like my boys can play with anyone. Penn State's offense is pretty rip-roaring themselves.

LOL Major Tom - thanks to your awesome team!

Some idiot reporter on ESPN just opined that Texas should be number one because they beat number one. What? When Alabama beat number one Georgia - they only became number two.

I realize this voting nonsense is subjective - but is it possible that it be fair?

Bama rolls!

LOL Major Tom - thanks to your awesome team!

Some idiot reporter on ESPN just opined that Texas should be number one because they beat number one. What? When Alabama beat number one Georgia - they only became number two.

I realize this voting nonsense is subjective - but is it possible that it be fair?

Bama rolls!

How did Bama look last week. Bama is a nice team, but I think they lose 2 games, so Im not the least bit worried about them being there in the end.

And GA wasnt #1 when they lost to Bama, they were #2. So they jumped to #2. SC was #1 at that time of loss.