[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Penn State at Wisconsin

Menudo

Funny you of all people saying this, Mr homer. :wacko:

Dude, I'm not even on the same planet as you when it comes to being a 'homer'. You tell us almost every year that Oklahoma and the Cowboys are the best teams in the nation and NFL respectively. THEN, when they are beaten, you still tell us all that they are the best, but, just had a bad day, were ripped off by officials, gave away the game, etc. You then tell us how if they played again, the Cowboys or Oklahoma would destroy the team that just played them. I don't think I've picked the Steelers to win a Super Bowl since, well, since they last won one.

48-7 hmmmmm. I know that Wisconsin was overrated, everyone thought they were a top ten team for awhile. However, that doesn't change the fact that Penn State treated them like the little school girl they are.

Still, it will be another four to five weeks before people give Penn State any respect. :wacko:

Good lord, I'm still trashed from last night. If any of this doesn't make sense I apologise in advance.

Edited by Kid Cid

I got a idea, How about the SEC, Big 12, and Pac10 just tell the Big Ten your done!!!! It does not matter that PSU beat the team that beat the # 1 USC team. If PSU goes undeafeated, SO WHAT!!!!!! PSU is in the BIG TEN and that alone should shut them out.

Yes, that USC powerhouse that stomped on OSU!!! That same USC team that everyone in here was pimping since the Rose Bowl last year.

How is that team doing that beat USC???? If USC runs the table is the PAC 10 worthless??? LET"S BAND TOGETHER and SHUT OUT PSU.

PSU was robbed in "94" and so it should be nothing new for them.....DOWN WITH THE BIG TEN.

Instead of a playoff, maybe just taking out the BIG TEN will solve the problem.

Please PSU belongs and it's that simple till OSU ends the dream. The funny thing is a lot of you will be rooting for that same OSU team you love to hate. :wacko:

I got a idea, How about the SEC, Big 12, and Pac10 just tell the Big Ten your done!!!! It does not matter that PSU beat the team that beat the # 1 USC team. If PSU goes undeafeated, SO WHAT!!!!!! PSU is in the BIG TEN and that alone should shut them out.

Yes, that USC powerhouse that stomped on OSU!!! That same USC team that everyone in here was pimping since the Rose Bowl last year.

How is that team doing that beat USC???? If USC runs the table is the PAC 10 worthless??? LET"S BAND TOGETHER and SHUT OUT PSU.

PSU was robbed in "94" and so it should be nothing new for them.....DOWN WITH THE BIG TEN.

Instead of a playoff, maybe just taking out the BIG TEN will solve the problem.

Please PSU belongs and it's that simple till OSU ends the dream. The funny thing is a lot of you will be rooting for that same OSU team you love to hate. :wacko:

Don't bring up '94. Gettting punked by the voters because we didn't beat a team by 50 points is probably the single most glaring example of everything that is wrong with college footabll and we will never forget it. Never.

48-7 hmmmmm. I know that Wisconsin was overrated, everyone thought they were a top ten team for awhile. However, that doesn't change the fact that Penn State treated them like the little school girl they are.

Still, it will be another four to five weeks before people give Penn State any respect. :wacko:

Penn State can do no more than beat the teams they play. People will say that Penn State is a good team. However, I do not believe that Penn State will garner the respect that they and their fans feel they deserve until such time as they play a top team out of the Big 10 and win. Not necessarily fair, but that's the way it is.

Penn State can do no more than beat the teams they play. People will say that Penn State is a good team. However, I do not believe that Penn State will garner the respect that they and their fans feel they deserve until such time as they play a top team out of the Big 10 and win. Not necessarily fair, but that's the way it is.

Truth.

You are absolutely right, and I understand that.

Yup. And I do think that if Penn St. along with Bama and UT finish undefeated, they should be passed up. Well, what I really think is that those three teams, along with 5 others should be invited to an 8 team playoff. However, that's not how it's done. Obviously, however, if Penn St is among less than 3 major conference schools to go undefeated, there's simply no reason at all not to take them. That would be lame. I don't mean for a second to speculate how good Penn St. is relative to schools from other conferences or that Bama, UT, or anyone else is "better".

It might suck to be held accountable for your conference's failure to prove itself on the biggest stage over the last few years but, considering the lack of accurate ways to measure teams up, you've got to go with something. After all, you can't have it both ways. OSU has gotten the benefit of the doubt of late based on the fact that they're a traditional powerhouse playing in a conference that is traditionally considered among the strongest. That's why the Utahs, B States, and others get passed over. Because of the past performance of their conference members. If a bunch of WAC teams started playing better ball for a bunch of years, then the perception of that conference would go up and going undefeated in that conference would matter more. However, because history has shown us that putting up gaudy numbers and win totals against these teams doesn't usually indicate that these teams are elite, the best they can every hope for is a token invite. So, based on past years, we discount these teams. Maybe unfairly. I mean, who knows, right?

So, every BCS school gets the benefit of tradition and past performance and is thus automatically rated ahead of teams like Utah, BYU, etc. It's only fair then to penalize them for the same. Right now, the Big 10 needs to prove to the voters that it should continue to get the benefit of the doubt. Remember, it was only 2 years ago when many Big 10 fans felt shafted by the fact that OSU and Michigan didn't get to rematch in the NC game. Next thing you know, the #1 and #2 Big 10 teams proceeded to get totally out-classed in their bowl games the next two years. As long as voters are involved with the process, these sorts of thing will, and perhaps should, come into account.

Edited by detlef

I couldnt disagree more. To me FLA, OU and SC are the top 3. But all of these teams have stumped their toe. I guess we will see how it shakes out.

The Top 3 I picked was what I thought the polls would reflect this week. My Top 5 in the country are ......

1. Alabama

2. USC

3. Penn State

4. Florida

5. Texas

Great defense beats Great offense, most of the time. Bradford's a stud and their fast tempo offense is fun to watch. I would have OU in the mix but their defense doesn't look capable of shutting any Top 10 team down.

Yup. And I do think that if Penn St. along with Bama and UT finish undefeated, they should be passed up. Well, what I really think is that those three teams, along with 5 others should be invited to an 8 team playoff. However, that's not how it's done. Obviously, however, if Penn St is among less than 3 major conference schools to go undefeated, there's simply no reason at all not to take them. That would be lame. I don't mean for a second to speculate how good Penn St. is relative to schools from other conferences or that Bama, UT, or anyone else is "better".

It might suck to be held accountable for your conference's failure to prove itself on the biggest stage over the last few years but, considering the lack of accurate ways to measure teams up, you've got to go with something. After all, you can't have it both ways. OSU has gotten the benefit of the doubt of late based on the fact that they're a traditional powerhouse playing in a conference that is traditionally considered among the strongest. That's why the Utahs, B States, and others get passed over. Because of the past performance of their conference members. If a bunch of WAC teams started playing better ball for a bunch of years, then the perception of that conference would go up and going undefeated in that conference would matter more. However, because history has shown us that putting up gaudy numbers and win totals against these teams doesn't usually indicate that these teams are elite, the best they can every hope for is a token invite. So, based on past years, we discount these teams. Maybe unfairly. I mean, who knows, right?

So, every BCS school gets the benefit of tradition and past performance and is thus automatically rated ahead of teams like Utah, BYU, etc. It's only fair then to penalize them for the same. Right now, the Big 10 needs to prove to the voters that it should continue to get the benefit of the doubt. Remember, it was only 2 years ago when many Big 10 fans felt shafted by the fact that OSU and Michigan didn't get to rematch in the NC game. Next thing you know, the #1 and #2 Big 10 teams proceeded to get totally out-classed in their bowl games the next two years. As long as voters are involved with the process, these sorts of thing will, and perhaps should, come into account.

True. I've got no problem with their "perceived" conference strength affecting them to a certain degree. If Bama, Texas, & PSU go undefeated, though it would sicken me to my stomach, Bama & Texas would deserve to play for the NC, because they come from the stronger conference.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe a 2 loss team can get in again.

USC will be in the National Title game. I'll root on PSU IF they can win in Columbus. I would love a USC vs Texas rematch or a PSU vs Alabama rematch for you older folks. I would love to see the Bucks in the Rose Bowl as well.