[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BCS Standings

budlitebrad

BCS Standings

Rk Team BCS Avg.

1 Texas 0.997

2 Alabama 0.948

3 Penn State 0.866

4 Oklahoma 0.831

5 USC 0.775

6 Oklahoma St. 0.772

7 Georgia 0.720

8 Texas Tech 0.712

9 Ohio St. 0.702

10 Florida 0.699

11 Utah 0.634

12 Boise St. 0.587

13 LSU 0.498

14 TCU 0.419

15 Missouri 0.368

16 South Florida 0.329

17 Pittsburgh 0.283

18 Georgia Tech 0.240

19 Tulsa 0.236

20 Ball St. 0.234

21 BYU 0.217

22 Northwestern 0.162

23 Kansas 0.148

24 Minnesota 0.142

25 Florida St. 0.112

No hugh surprises I guess, except not much love for Florida.

No hugh surprises I guess, except not much love for Florida.

I see a couple of things of interest to me, the above mentioned being one. Based on rankings of everyone, I see the Gators and Trojans as having simlar situations which the voters seem to have noticed as well. They both have a bad loss and they both have a serious beat down of a highly ranked opponent on their respective resumes. How SC is 5 and UF is 10 is beyond me. Seems like an awfully big gap. I'd be ok with SC lower or UF higher as long as they were within a spot or two of each other. The Gators "bad" loss was at home so I can see that being an issue but not an issue worth 5 spots in the rankings.

And talk about getting some love for perceived strength of schedule... How about the Big 12? Mizzou and Kansas are the only teams in the top 25 with 2 losses. Mizzou isn't just in the top 25, they're 15th. I was skeptical of the high ranking early on but they haven't just lost two they've lost two straight. Yes, one was to the #1 team in the country but is was a total ass whoopin. The other? At home to Okie St, who have beaten exactly no one.

Edited by BS Miscreant

Florida lost to an unranked team at home. There's a price to be paid for that mistake. I think if Florida is able to win out from this point forward, including the SEC championship game, everything else takes care of itself.

"if" is the only word in the english language a thousand letters long...

a Penn St win this weekend could determine one team to get in the championship game.

You need to emphasize the could. If Alabama and Texas win out, even if Penn State runs the table, they are out in the cold. Also, I could see some folks say that a one loss Texas team would be more worthy than an undefeated PSU, especially if that loss were to happen in the next two weeks. I don't think that a one loss SEC team would have quite the same pull though.

I see a couple of things of interest to me, the above mentioned being one. Based on rankings of everyone, I see the Gators and Trojans as having simlar situations which the voters seem to have noticed as well. They both have a bad loss and they both have a serious beat down of a highly ranked opponent on their respective resumes. How SC is 5 and UF is 10 is beyond me. Seems like an awfully big gap. I'd be ok with SC lower or UF higher as long as they were within a spot or two of each other. The Gators "bad" loss was at home so I can see that being an issue but not an issue worth 5 spots in the rankings.

And talk about getting some love for perceived strength of schedule... How about the Big 12? Mizzou and Kansas are the only teams in the top 25 with 2 losses. Mizzou isn't just in the top 25, they're 15th. I was skeptical of the high ranking early on but they haven't just lost two they've lost two straight. Yes, one was to the #1 team in the country but is was a total ass whoopin. The other? At home to Okie St, who have beaten exactly no one.

BCS rankings are pretty much on point IMO- I don't think there is any question OKL and USC are the top 2 1L teams at this point - more to do with who USC has beaten than comparing the :bad" losses - SC destroying OSU and UVA, ASU is just better at this point than the FLA LSU resume- BUT as we all know this is college football and these teams are gonna jump around - PSU OSU is gonna help shake things out, and I like OSU's chances to bounce back and get the big W at the shoe

and yes - besides UT/OKL I think we will see the rest of the Big 12 isn't as good as advertised

Edited by wildcat2334

BCS rankings are pretty much on point IMO- I don't think there is any question OKL and USC are the top 2 1L teams at this point - more to do with who USC has beaten than comparing the :bad" losses - SC destroying OSU and UVA, ASU is just better at this point than the FLA LSU resume- BUT as we all know this is college football and these teams are gonna jump around - PSU OSU is gonna help shake things out, and I like OSU's chances to bounce back and get the big W at the shoe

and yes - besides UT/OKL I think we will see the rest of the Big 12 isn't as good as advertised

Can't speak for any Gator fans, up to this point in the season USC resume certainly tops my Tigers. The good news for LSU is the meat of their schedule remains while the Trojans will have to rely on running up the score against inferior competiion.

We've been down this road before with regard to UVA. They're 4-3 and they were also beaten by Duke and UConn by 4 and 5 TDs respectively. And if we're gonna include a beat down of ASU then you could throw in any of the Gators victories. The Sun Devils are 2-4 including a loss to UNLV. The Cavaliers are better now but were one of the worst teams in college football for the 1st 4 weeks of the season and the Trojans victory over ASU was the Devils 4th straight defeat.