[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 8 Advice Thread

Flip_Side

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Flip

I can start 2 RB and 2 WR's or 1 RB and 3 WR's...from my roster, who would you start at RB and WR? I am leaning this week toward Lendale (poor Colts run D) and either starting Smith (home to Arizona), Housh (@ Houston) and White (@ Philly) OR starting Stewart (home to Arizona) instead of either Housh or White :wacko:

Any input appreciated

Hey Flip!

Brett Favre @ KC

or

Garcia @ Dallas

scoring in signature

Both have pretty good matchups. Brett played poorly last week and I think he bounces back big. Garcia is pretty much a game manager with the exception of his 300 yard performance last week. Tampa will look to establish the run early and often. Brett should come out slinging and should benefit. Go with Favre

Hi Flip

I can start 2 RB and 2 WR's or 1 RB and 3 WR's...from my roster, who would you start at RB and WR? I am leaning this week toward Lendale (poor Colts run D) and either starting Smith (home to Arizona), Housh (@ Houston) and White (@ Philly) OR starting Stewart (home to Arizona) instead of either Housh or White :wacko:

Any input appreciated

Im guessing no PPR? if it's not a ppr league go with Lendale, Stewart, Smith and Housh.

Roddy will get decent points but the Eagle secondary is pretty good. Housh should have a good game even with Fitzpatrick starting, he's his favorite target for sure.

QB Question: Cutler Out (Thank God) now what?

Pennington vs Buffalo at home

or M. Ryan vs Philly on the road

Thanks,

Pirate

Usually I wouldn't advise to start Pennington but because of Ryan's matchup I have to say it. The Dolphins will most likely be playing from behind and will have to throw a bunch to catch up. Pennington should be good for some decent yardage and a score or two.

Im guessing no PPR? if it's not a ppr league go with Lendale, Stewart, Smith and Housh.

Roddy will get decent points but the Eagle secondary is pretty good. Housh should have a good game even with Fitzpatrick starting, he's his favorite target for sure.

Flip - forgot to mention (and not sure if you saw them in my roster or not) but I do have Addai and Rhodes on my roster going Monday night @ Tennessee...would either of them appeal over Lendale or Stewart for you? Thanks again

Flip - forgot to mention (and not sure if you saw them in my roster or not) but I do have Addai and Rhodes on my roster going Monday night @ Tennessee...would either of them appeal over Lendale or Stewart for you? Thanks again

No. I saw them and wouldn't start either.

I give graham/marhsall, I get brown/daniels

C.williams just came off the PUP list and I think grahams value will only get bad

what yall think?

my team

QB - FARVE

RB - LYNCH GRAHAM LJ - HANDCUFFS - DUNN/FRED/CHARLES/TORAIN

WR - MARSHALL HOMLES - BENCH - WALTER/CAMARILLO

TE - T. SCHEFFLER

Current WRs Smith, Colston, Moore, Roy, Engram. Smith, Colston, and Moore are out on bye week 9 so I need to find a replacement. I've tried to trade Moore and there's no takers so I will have to cut him. Available options are

A Gonzalez v NE (on waivers and I'm 7th)

Stokely v MIA

Wade v HOU

Nate Washington v WAS

Steve Smith (NYG) v DAL

Rashied Davis v DET

Josh Reed NYJ

Gage v GB

Chris Henry v JAC

I'm not sure I will get Gonzo as I'm 7th in waivers order. Who's the top 3 guys I should target and should I dump both Moore and Engram to grab 2? RIght now I'm targeting

1. Gonzalez

2. Stokely

3. Wade

4. Steve Smith

Who should I play at WR? I get 3..standard scoring PPR league...

Coles

Harrison

Muahhamad

Henderson

I can probably pick up Donnie Avery on Friday too...

Thanks Flip!

Coles Vs the Chiefs is a good matchup. *Edit* just read that he might not play due to injury so don't start him!

Harrison could have a big day on MNF, Colts need a win badly and could air it out a lot with Manning.

Muhammad could also have a decent day with Smith drawing a ton of attention and Cardinals aren't that great on D.

Pick up Avery over henderson.

Edited by Flip_Side

Who should I start at Flex?

Jamal Lewis or Braylon Edwards. Both against JAX of course. PPR league. Thanks.

Braylon. He's your best chance for some decent fantasy points. Lewis is good for some yardage but will likely not get a TD. Anderson will take some shots and could very well find Braylon.

Current WRs Smith, Colston, Moore, Roy, Engram. Smith, Colston, and Moore are out on bye week 9 so I need to find a replacement. I've tried to trade Moore and there's no takers so I will have to cut him. Available options are

A Gonzalez v NE (on waivers and I'm 7th)

Stokely v MIA

Wade v HOU

Nate Washington v WAS

Steve Smith (NYG) v DAL

Rashied Davis v DET

Josh Reed NYJ

Gage v GB

Chris Henry v JAC

I'm not sure I will get Gonzo as I'm 7th in waivers order. Who's the top 3 guys I should target and should I dump both Moore and Engram to grab 2? RIght now I'm targeting

1. Gonzalez

2. Stokely

3. Wade

4. Steve Smith

Gonzalez would be your best bet but he is very streaky.

Steve Smith is a close second especially vs a banged up Dallas D.

Stokley would probably be your 3rd option but check his injury status. Don't expect much from anyone else really.

Gonzalez would be your best bet but he is very streaky.

Steve Smith is a close second especially vs a banged up Dallas D.

Stokley would probably be your 3rd option but check his injury status. Don't expect much from anyone else really.

Thanks! would you drop both Moore and Engram to get 2 of thesWR?

Edited by Steelhead

Thanks! would you drop both Moore and Engram to get 2 of thesWR?

With Colston and Shockey back I'm not sure how much production you will get from Moore. As far as Engram goes I might hold onto him and see what he can do with a healthy Hasselbeck.

Need 1:

LT @ NO

Rhodes @ TEN

Morris (if healthy) vs STL

Already playing Chris Johnson vs IND

LT.

Rhodes won't find much running room Vs Tennesse.

Morris is probably a no-go and even if he does play I don't think he'll be too effective.