[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 8 Advice Thread

Flip_Side

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting Steve Smith and Colston and need to pick 1 of

Roy Williams v TB

Anthony Gonzalez @TEN

Nate Washinton v NYG

Right now I'm thinking of Nate cause NYG should have the softest secondary. But something is pulling me towards Roy. Please tell me I shouldn't

Thanks in advance...

Jennings & Berrian on BYE

Need to pick up and play 1 WR/TE:

Owen Daniels vs. CIN

Holt (or Avery) @ NE

Morgan vs. SEA

Which for this week & to finish the season?

Rest of team below...

All good plays this week. I think Avery or Morgan is your best bet for a TD though. I'd give Avery a shot considering that Gore will get the ball a ton and O'Sullivan doesn't really have a favorite WR and likes to spread.

Starting Steve Smith and Colston and need to pick 1 of

Roy Williams v TB

Anthony Gonzalez @TEN

Nate Washinton v NYG

Right now I'm thinking of Nate cause NYG should have the softest secondary. But something is pulling me towards Roy. Please tell me I shouldn't

Don't think any of them will do great this week but I'd give Washington a shot. Roy was only targeted twice last week and with Johnson at QB I just don't like those odds.

Gonzalez still has to compete with a healthy Clark, Wayne, and Harrison for catches and against the Titans there might not be much room for production.

QB help

Shaub or Campbell both strong matchups can't decide. Scoring in sig.

Thanks in advance

Its also at the top of this page I think you just missed it, thanks for the help again.

Whoops sorry about that.

This is a toughie. I think that the Redskins will use more Portis than Houston uses Slaton. The Houston-Cincy game will be a lot closer and Schaub will probably have to throw more often than Campbell. I like his chances a little bit better to put up bigger numbers. The game situation for Washington just won't warrant Campbell enough opportunities to throw with a big lead.

Flip,

I need to start a second RB as well as three WR's. Im going with T. Jones as my first RB as AP is on a bye and Im pretty set with L. Coles as one of my wideouts. Any help with the second RB to start as well as the other two WR's to start would be appreciated. Scoring and roster are in signature. No PPR. Thanks.

Flip,

I need to start a second RB as well as three WR's. Im going with T. Jones as my first RB as AP is on a bye and Im pretty set with L. Coles as one of my wideouts. Any help with the second RB to start as well as the other two WR's to start would be appreciated. Scoring and roster are in signature. No PPR. Thanks.

Jones and Lewis.

Colston and Curtis

Start Kevin Faulk or BenJarvus Green-Ellis against the lousy St. Louis defense?

My starting RB's are a mess. I have Joseph Addai and Willie Parker. Arrgh. So I was lucky and was able to grab Dominc Rhodes, but he's got a tough match up this week. So I scrambled and picked up Kevin Faulk and BenJarvus Green-Ellis off the waiver wire. Anyways, I have to go against a team that is 7-0 this week. I'm 6-1, but I really would like to put him in his place. I'm going with D. Rhodes in one spot, but who do I pick for my second RB?

Listening to the ESPN Fantasy Football podcast today, Jay Soderburgh (Pod Vader) said that Kevin Faulk will get the majority of carries with Heath Evans. This is surprising to me because Green-Ellis had more caries last week. Faulk had 4 carries for 50 yards and Green-Ellis had 13 carries for 65 yards. I was leaning towards Green-Ellis, but Jay Soderburgh is a Patriots fan and he's acting like he has inside information (his little birdie told him) that Kevin Faulk would be the guy. Has anyone else heard anything?

12-Team League - PPR High Stakes Real Time Fantasy Sports

QB Jay Cutler, J.T. O'Sullivan

RB Joseph Addai, Matt Forte, Willie Parker, Kevin Faulk, BenJarvus Green-Ellis

WR Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith (CAR), Wes Welker, Hines Ward

TE Jeremy Shockey

K John Kasay

DST Pittsburgh Steelers

Question #2

Start Mewelde Moore or Ahman Green?

Mewelde Moore has a tough match up against the NY Giants defense. Should I roll the dice and go with Ahman Green? He got touches last week and scored a TD. He's healthy and he's going up against a terrible run defense? Thoughts?

QB Tony Romo, J.T. O'Sullivan

RB Marion Barber, Willie Parker, Mewelde Moore, Correll Buckhalter

WR Laveranues Coles, Steve Smith (CAR), Hines Ward, Bernard Berrian

TE John Carlson

K Kris Brown

DST Chicago Bears, New York Jets

Start Kevin Faulk or BenJarvus Green-Ellis against the lousy St. Louis defense?

My starting RB's are a mess. I have Joseph Addai and Willie Parker. Arrgh. So I was lucky and was able to grab Dominc Rhodes, but he's got a tough match up this week. So I scrambled and picked up Kevin Faulk and BenJarvus Green-Ellis off the waiver wire. Anyways, I have to go against a team that is 7-0 this week. I'm 6-1, but I really would like to put him in his place. I'm going with D. Rhodes in one spot, but who do I pick for my second RB?

Listening to the ESPN Fantasy Football podcast today, Jay Soderburgh (Pod Vader) said that Kevin Faulk will get the majority of carries with Heath Evans. This is surprising to me because Green-Ellis had more caries last week. Faulk had 4 carries for 50 yards and Green-Ellis had 13 carries for 65 yards. I was leaning towards Green-Ellis, but Jay Soderburgh is a Patriots fan and he's acting like he has inside information (his little birdie told him) that Kevin Faulk would be the guy. Has anyone else heard anything?

QB Jay Cutler, J.T. O'Sullivan

RB Joseph Addai, Matt Forte, Willie Parker, Kevin Faulk, BenJarvus Green-Ellis

WR Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith (CAR), Wes Welker, Hines Ward

TE Jeremy Shockey

K John Kasay

DST Pittsburgh Steelers

To tell you the truth if you want an absolute SAFE bet I would start Faulk. But for people like me who like to gamble and go for the homerun, start Ellis. I am in the same situation as you and am starting Ellis, just a hunch of mine.

Question #2

Start Mewelde Moore or Ahman Green?

Mewelde Moore has a tough match up against the NY Giants defense. Should I roll the dice and go with Ahman Green? He got touches last week and scored a TD. He's healthy and he's going up against a terrible run defense? Thoughts?

QB Tony Romo, J.T. O'Sullivan

RB Marion Barber, Willie Parker, Mewelde Moore, Correll Buckhalter

WR Laveranues Coles, Steve Smith (CAR), Hines Ward, Bernard Berrian

TE John Carlson

K Kris Brown

DST Chicago Bears, New York Jets

I would go with Green. I think there will be enough opportunities for Slaton AND Green to get some good fantasy production.

I need two Wrs from Antonio Bryant @ DAL, R Wayne @ TEN and Colston vSD.

Thinking Bryant @ DAL since the DAL dst is awful against the pass but don't know about starting Colston over Wayne. I want to but its hard to sit Wayne even when they are playing bad and against a stout DST. Thoughts?

I have a flex position and a WR slot to fill this week due to injuries and I just don't know what to do... standard PPR league...

here are my options, I need 2...

Dunn @ Dallas

Isaac Bruce vs Seahawks

Boldin @ Carolina

Randle El @ Lions

Kevin Curtis vs Atlanta

Josh Morgan vs Seahawks - Available on Waivers

Obviously Dunn and Boldin are the injurie issues and I would usually play Boldin, but I don't know how much the coaches are going to hold him back this week.

Kevin Curtis is supposed to be starting but how rusty is he going to be?

Bruce had gone on a terror for 3 weeks straight with 4 td's but has cooled down with the SF offense and I expect to see a lot of Frank Gore this weekend, so I'd be hesitant to play either Bruce or Morgan.

I'm tied for 1st at 6-1 and playing the other 6-1 team this week, I'm just looking for someone else's thoughts to confirm my own.

Thanks in advance.

ok here are my choices.

RB - Gore, Thomas Jones, Le'Ron McClain, - need to start 2 or 3

WR- Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith, D. Mason, L. Moore, Reggie Brown, Nate Washington - need 3 or 4 depending on how many RB's I'm starting.

would love to see what you think I should do this week. Gore,Jones and CJ and Smith are going to start but the others I'm so confused. Thanks.

6 pts per TD, 1/2 point per reception and 1/10 point per yard rushing or receiving.

Edited by maddenking

PPR - all TD's 6pts - 1/10 rush/receive - 3 pt bonus over 100yds

Need help with these players.....must start 2 RB, 3 WR, and 1 FLEX

I have Lynch and Slaton for sure at RB. Andre Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Burress at WR.

I need a Flex......I'm just runing around in circles.

I have Morgan left at WR and Ben-Jarvis at RB. Who should I start? Or should I bench someone that I already have in my line-up and start both these guys?

Thanks