[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big games with potentiallly hugh BCS implications

BS Miscreant

Looking at the remaining college football schedule, I have mixed feelings about the possible outcomes of these games and just wanted to see what everyone else was thinking...

#1 Texas (7-0) hosting #6 Oklahoma St (7-0)

#3 Penn St (8-0) visiting #9 Ohio St (7-1)

and not as big but,

#7 Georgia (6-1) going to #13 LSU (5-1)

Obviously, this is more directed at those of you who are not fans of the teams included in a particular game. I'd like to think that decision is a no-brainer.

Do you want Texas to lose because you still have the Cowboys on your schedule and might have a shot at a three-way tie breaker? Or do you want them to win because the winner would still be undefeated and it shows that the team that beat you really is that good?

Would you like Penn St to go down to diminish the number of unbeatens? Or would you rather they win because you can't stand the idea of the Buckeyes playing in another NC game?

Even though LSU already has a loss, does Georgia's SOS improve their ranking dramatically with a win? Or does LSU get credit for just a bad week against the Gators and jump back up in the polls with a victory over the Bulldogs?

Don't have to answer those questions specifically. Just wanted to give ya'll an idea of where I was going with this.

at this point, I honestly just want to see good, high quality football games - I wouldn't mind a good 5,6 teams sitting there at the end with legit claims so we can somehow put an end to this madness

- Bama, PSU, USC, UT, OKL, UGA/LSU - will all looking sexy in their dresses at years end

I think UT blows out OK State, Tech and the rest of the pretenders in the Big 12

I think LSU/UGA is a toss up - and either team with a W will jump up nicely

PSU/OSU is another tough one to call- I think OSU takes them out at home - but who knows......

I don't see Bama going undefeated -so we could have a mix of Bama, FLA, UGA/LSU -

The Big 12 will be down to UT and OKL as the only potentials left IMO-

TOS- there is no way USC/OSU rematch will happen - please stop

I hope Ohio State beats Penn St. Nothing against Penn State but I don't see too many other opportunities for a loss on their schedule. Gators need Penn State to go down. I think if Florida can win out, we have a shot at jumping Ohio State--particularly if Alabama goes undefeated and the Gators were to beat them in the SEC championship game.

I want Texas to go down for the same reason.

I'd like Georgia to win in a very close game so that LSU remains ranked. Overtime victory would be good. I want Georgia ranked high when Florida plays them so that if Florida wins, it looks more impressive.

If Florida loses another game, I want Alabama to win out and take the NC. If Florida can't get the NC, I want it to go to an SEC team.

A man has to have dreams.

As a realistic LSU fan, I'm not quite ready to put on my BCS NC gloves just yet. Should be interesting to see what Tigers come out to play against Georgia. Will it be the young inexperience team that that got bushwacked down in the swamp or the extremely talented team that took over the SC game in the 2nd half?

So with that said, I'll be rooting for Texas for business relations & Ohio State for family relations.

I want to see JoePa end his career with a NC.

That would be fitting. He's done everything a man could do for a college. Even at the expense of my Buckeyes, I wouldn't be against seeing that outcome. The Bucks don't deserve another shot at the NC Game from what I've seen out of them this season. Now if the beat up on Penn St. and mop the floor with their remaining schedule, Beanie heals and Pryor really comes into his own...............then I'll change my mind.

I cant see Penn St beating any quality team outside the Big 10, but then again I said quality team.

Why don't you just say that you can't see and save us all the trouble? :wacko:

I'd like to see PSU, Texas and UGA win...

I've always liked Joe Pa, don'tthink they will get the nod for the NC game if bama wins out, but sure would like to see him in a big bowl.

I love Mack Brown, great guy, great recruiter, and have followed him sincehe started at UNC (dad is UNC alum so I have always followed the Heels)

And the UGA thing is self explanatory...

I think UGA will have a tough time with the remainder of their season and hope that they can come out with only one more loss this year. Our O line is still reeling and young, Stafford still can't throw the long ball accurately (talk about an over rated QB), our defensive secondary (and line for that matter) is a mess. How the Dawgs are still in the top 10 is beyond me, but, hey, I'll take it. I think we can beat LSU, but we need to play a flawless game. Next week in Jacksonville, well, we'll just have to wait and see. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, DAWGS, SIC EM, WOOF, WOOF, WOOF.......

Since I started this thing, here's my :wacko:

As a USF fan I'd like to see the Buckeyes lose and I'd be ok with either Georgia or LSU losing because it means more potential teams to realistically jump in the rankings. I know, I know, USF has to actually keep winning for that to matter but hey, I'm a fan what can I say. A bad loss by OK St might also fall into that category.

Growing up an OU fan, I grew to really dislike Texas so I don't want them to win this weekend because I don't want them to win the conference.

As a college football fan I will be watching and thoroughly enjoying, I'm sure, the Penn St/Ohio St game in spite of the fact that I don't care much for either of them. Should be good football and either team losing creates some sort of an advantage for at one of the teams that I pull for.

From what I've seen this year, the SEC is down. Not Big-10 down, but down none the less. The big-12 seems to me the best conference, but I don't see ANY defense in college football that's any better than good. I don't see one that is downright dominating. If PSU holds OSU to less than 20, I might change my mind, but even the SEC (who normally sport the best overall D's in college FB, IMO) doesn't have a defense that can't be scored on pretty much at will by a decent team. Hell, my Mountaineers are a shell of what they were last year and still put up 445 yards and 34 points on an SEC team that hasn't given up more than 26 all year.

As in past years, I'm not ready to rate overall conference strength until after the bowls. I still would hold to my guns and say that the best team I've seen thus far has been USC. They obviously have the slip up vs Oregon State, but if you take that out of the equation and look at there 5 wins, they've given up 20 points. You can be short-sighted and view the Ohio State win as something to laugh at, or not a big deal or whatever, but holding the Buckeyes to 3 points, in any year, on any field, is an amazing stat. I would argue that USC has shown to have a pretty top notch defense. I would also argue that Alabama has a championship defense as well as much as I can't stand that arrogant pissant of a head coach they have. I'm not quite sure it is fair to label Texas, or Oklahoma as having soft defenses. They played each other in a shoot out, but no one would argue, that either of those teams don't have championship caliber offenses. When they play other teams they tend to show there dominance. Penn State looks to be extremely balanced, but have yet to be tested, unless you count Oregon State (I don't) or Wisconsin (my Hawks thumped them, so I don't count them either). Bottom line is there is a long way to go for everyone and as we've seen, the loss (if there is one) could come to someone no one thought possible for these teams.

As in past years, I'm not ready to rate overall conference strength until after the bowls. I still would hold to my guns and say that the best team I've seen thus far has been USC. They obviously have the slip up vs Oregon State, but if you take that out of the equation and look at there 5 wins, they've given up 20 points. You can be short-sighted and view the Ohio State win as something to laugh at, or not a big deal or whatever, but holding the Buckeyes to 3 points, in any year, on any field, is an amazing stat. I would argue that USC has shown to have a pretty top notch defense. I would also argue that Alabama has a championship defense as well as much as I can't stand that arrogant pissant of a head coach they have. I'm not quite sure it is fair to label Texas, or Oklahoma as having soft defenses. They played each other in a shoot out, but no one would argue, that either of those teams don't have championship caliber offenses. When they play other teams they tend to show there dominance. Penn State looks to be extremely balanced, but have yet to be tested, unless you count Oregon State (I don't) or Wisconsin (my Hawks thumped them, so I don't count them either). Bottom line is there is a long way to go for everyone and as we've seen, the loss (if there is one) could come to someone no one thought possible for these teams.

:wacko: You say that USC had a slip up against Oregon State, then later on you totally dismiss Penn State's win over them. Is this not jiving with any else or is it just me?

:wacko: You say that USC had a slip up against Oregon State, then later on you totally dismiss Penn State's win over them. Is this not jiving with any else or is it just me?

Actually, it makes perfect sense. He believes in order for USC to lose that game then they must have had an off night. Why? Because the Beavers just aren't that good. So dismissing the Nittany Lions win over the Beavers is in complete compliance with his original thought. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with his line of thinking but it does jive.

I would like to see Texas win and go on to win the NC game. They cannot spot this OSU team 28 like they have many times in year's past.

OSU over PSU would help teams left that I like, but agree that Joe Pa getting one more shot would be cool. OSU has been playing much better the last 4 weeks and are at home.

LSU over Ga, game moving to 2:30 might be the difference here, a night game would hav given them a better chance at the W. Went to see them on the road last week in SC (the other SC) and they did not look very good until the second half. Should be a great game.

Heart

Tex/PSU/LSU

$$$

Tex/OSU/Ga

Penn St. will win and go undefeated this year. :wacko: for Joe P.

Texas will win today but lose one along the way.

LSU/Geogia will be close heart says LSU, it will be a battle. For those thinking Alabama will go undefeated, ain't going to happen. they will lose to LSU knocking them out of the NC game and the SEC championship game. This is a lock Saban coming back for the first time. The Tigers will be juiced that nite.

NC game will be Penn St. and a one loss team.

USC lost to a team that is average at best. You seem to be implying that by Penn State being greater than Oregon State, they are then greater than USC. I'm saying that Penn State took care of business and waxed Oregon State. Nothing more nothing less. By the same token, I don't believe that USC is better than Penn State if Penn State loses to Ohio State tonight. I might believe that they are better than Penn State for other reasons, but not because A beat B, and B beat C therefore A is also better than C.

Sad to say Im rooting for OSU tonight. Penn St is an average at best team, and if they win tonight, we will see another Big 10 team blown out in the NC game.

But maybe this is what it will take to finally get a playoff, another embarassing outcome for this conference when they win out, but everyone knows they dont deserve a shot at anything.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

GA/LSU and UT/OSU have not disappointed so far.

Whew, got away with playing conservative in the 4th quarter.

Next week is for all the marbles in the SEC East. I might just stay drunk all week.

Loaded up for the big 10 show down tonight. Gooooooooooo, PSU. Win one for the decrepit old man!!!

Edited by SEC=UGA