[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big games with potentiallly hugh BCS implications

BS Miscreant

How bad is LSU this year. Seriously, I could see FLA beating them handily, but GA. Maybe like my Cowboys, they were not that good to begin with.

Yep, one has to wonder... Kinda like one has to wonder how good oklahoma really is since they lost by 14 to a less talented Texas team, or by, what was it, 28 to a lesser WVU team last year.

How bad is LSU this year. Seriously, I could see FLA beating them handily, but GA. Maybe like my Cowboys, they were not that good to begin with.

As an LSU fan I had hopes. As a football fan I knew better. This LSU team has a ways to go. Luckily for us that ways to go is only a year or 2 away!

Yea kinda of disappointing but I didn't have them in the top ten to begin with there will be growing pains for a couple of years, but unlike OU fans I can admit this and move on.

Sad to say Im rooting for OSU tonight. Penn St is an average at best team, and if they win tonight, we will see another Big 10 team blown out in the NC game.

But maybe this is what it will take to finally get a playoff, another embarassing outcome for this conference when they win out, but everyone knows they dont deserve a shot at anything.

Sarge rooting for Ohio State = priceless

BTW, Sarge Penn State is 9-2 in Bowl Games since joining the Big Ten, so your assumption that they would automatically lose big in the NC title game typical Sarge. Please do me the favor.... should there be any game where you want Penn State to win and you want to root for us, please don't, we don't want you on the bandwagon EVER!

BTW, Sarge Penn State is 9-2 in Bowl Games since joining the Big Ten, so your assumption that they would automatically lose big in the NC title game typical Sarge.

Sarge's assumptions aside, Penn State's bowl record is meaningless as Ohio St won four straight bowl games, 3 of the BCS variety and had two top five finishes just prior to getting bitch slapped in two consecutive NC games. Let us not forget that OSU and Michigan played a hell of a game the year the Buckeyes got worked by the Gators.

Beating "good" teams during the regular season hasn't necessarily proven anything or translated into BCS success for a number of teams.

In other words 2007 has nothing to do with 2008?

Things can drastically change in one years time. 2001 the Big Ten was lower than it was today. Came off of 3 complete a$$whoopings in bowl games by SEC squads. In 2002 the Big Ten had 3 Top 10 teams and a National Championship to boot, and the best bowl record out of any conference. One year difference. The point is, 2001 had nothing to do with 2002, and 2007 has nothing to do with 2008. So this notion that because of Ohio States failures in 2 straight BCS national title games, has something to do with Penn State is ridiculous. I seem to recall Oklahoma losing 2 straight national championship games in 2003 and 2004 (1 in pretty embarassing fashion), and it didn't seem to have anything to do with the next year when in 2005 Texas won it all. Who's to say it won't be a similar situation? Bottom line is Penn State HAS to go undefeated, and either Texas or Alabama HAS to lose. This isn't rocket science. People are trying to make this more confusing than it is. If Texas and Alabama win out they will be playing each other for it all, and Penn State will head to pasadena to play USC. What is confusing about that? If USC or Florida wants to complain, then here's a thought, don't lose to Oregon State and Ole Freakin' Miss. Until there is a true playoff, then fair is fair. Penn State has taken care of business, USC, Fla, and Oklahoma haven't. End of story. They ain't jumping an undefeated team from a BCS conference, nor should they. By the same token, Penn State aint jumping Texas or Alabama, nor should they. Again, it isn't rocket science. You can complain about the BCS all damn day long, and no one here has complained about it more than I have, but it is the system that is used right now, and the bottom line is you lose, you fall down the ladder and wait for other teams ahead of you to fall down like LSU and Ohio State did last year when both backed in.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

Yep, one has to wonder... Kinda like one has to wonder how good oklahoma really is since they lost by 14 to a less talented Texas team, or by, what was it, 28 to a lesser WVU team last year.

You might outta get your facts straight before you pop off. Just makes you look foolish. But then again, we already knew as much.

Sarge rooting for Ohio State = priceless

BTW, Sarge Penn State is 9-2 in Bowl Games since joining the Big Ten, so your assumption that they would automatically lose big in the NC title game typical Sarge. Please do me the favor.... should there be any game where you want Penn State to win and you want to root for us, please don't, we don't want you on the bandwagon EVER!

Watching that game last night told me one thing, the Big 10 is a complete jock if this is the best this conference has to offer. And I was rooting for one fraud Big 10 team to beat another fraud big 10 team to get this joke of a conference out of the talk of a freaking National Championship. Seriously, why isnt the media doing the same with this conference as they do the WAC. Id put straight money TCU would wipe the floor with Penn St.

Watching that game last night told me one thing, the Big 10 is a complete jock if this is the best this conference has to offer. And I was rooting for one fraud Big 10 team to beat another fraud big 10 team to get this joke of a conference out of the talk of a freaking National Championship. Seriously, why isnt the media doing the same with this conference as they do the WAC. Id put straight money TCU would wipe the floor with Penn St.

:wacko:

You might outta get your facts straight before you pop off. Just makes you look foolish. But then again, we already knew as much.

My apologies, the Sooners fell apart in typical fashion and lost by 10. Usually they're not even in big games that late, very impressive loss for you guys. Didn't mean to make it sound worst than it was, I know you need to cling to the assumption that you guys had that game wrapped up and barely lost.

My apologies, the Sooners fell apart in typical fashion and lost by 10. Usually they're not even in big games that late, very impressive loss for you guys. Didn't mean to make it sound worst than it was, I know you need to cling to the assumption that you guys had that game wrapped up and barely lost.

apology accepted. And before you blow your whole wad, get past FLA. Dont get biatch slapped twice in the same season. :wacko:

You know I find it very interesting how many people get themselves sucked into dwelling on negativity and completely fail to get any enjoyment out of a particular forum. Lighten up.

I love this forum, there is a lot of great debate in here. I also get the bonus of laughing at the idiocy of Sarge's posts. What could be better ?