[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Santonio Deactivated for Sunday

BrooklynCrew

I guess Pitt isn't waiting for the NFL to make a call on the Josh Gordon story...

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...L&hl=128278

Steelers to deactivate Santonio Holmes Sunday

Holmes

The Steelers will deactivate Santonio Holmes Sunday in the wake of his misdemeanor Josh Gordon arrest.

He was not allowed to practice Friday and is in danger of a suspension. Holmes had several run-ins with the law after he was drafted in 2006 and that could work against him as a repeat offender of the NFL's personal conduct policy, let alone the potential violation of league rules against substance abuse. Upon his arrest Thursday, Holmes reportedly admitted to officers that he had smoked the previous day. So hey, at least he's honest. Oct. 24 - 1:31 pm et

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

What a bad time for this to happen. The Steelers chances of defeating the Giants just diminished a bit. :wacko:

However, I do think the Steelers are doing the right thing.

As someone who pays a little attention to the Steelers, how do you think this will shake out? Is Holmes likely looking at 4 games from Goodell(who has to be just shaking his head and wondering if these fools will never learn)?

I, too, applaud the organization for not waiting to suspend him, btw.

What are the chances of Sweed stepping into this opportunity? Still too raw? Possible? Steelers homers, whatcha' think?

I think this is your answer:

Steelers | Washington to start Week 8

Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:00:04 -0700

Gerry Dulac and Jonathan D. Silver, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, report Pittsburgh Steelers WR Nate Washington will start in the team's Week 8 game, replacing WR Santonio Holmes, who will be inactive for the game.

kffl

What are the chances of Sweed stepping into this opportunity? Still too raw? Possible? Steelers homers, whatcha' think?

Nate Washington will, without question step in as the #2 receiver, and Sweed will become the #3 receiver, so, he may finally get some looks. He was active for the 1st time and caught his first pass at the end of their blowout victory last week. The Steelers may split Heath Miller out in some 3 Wide Receiver sets, but, with the Steelers looking good out of the 4 WR, No-Huddle, Sweed should definitely get an opportunity.

:wacko:

What a bad time for this to happen. The Steelers chances of defeating the Giants just diminished a bit. :D

However, I do think the Steelers are doing the right thing.

This coming from the 2 guys that swiped up Nate Washington while I was at work and leaving my rosters in 2 leagues depleted thanks to new Mr. Pothead. Who's the one who should be :D ??

This coming from the 2 guys that swiped up Nate Washington while I was at work and leaving my rosters in 2 leagues depleted thanks to new Mr. Pothead. Who's the one who should be :wacko: ??

I'm open to trade offers.................. :D

What the team did would not affect what Goddell does, except this week may apply to the suspension time to be served.

Was thinking the same thing, when and if Goodell suspends Holmes I'm sure he will only be out 3 games with the one Sunday counting as the 4th.

How many brushes with the law for active Steelers does that make in the last year or three? :wacko:

:D Coming from a Cowboys fan.

I can think of three........one of which was completely thrown out of court, in the other case, the guy was released from the team. My guess is that if Holmes continues to screw up, the Steelers will release him, 30 other teams won't want anything to do with him, and he will find himself a home with the Dallas Cowboys.

:wacko: Coming from a Cowboys fan.

I can think of three........one of which was completely thrown out of court, in the other case, the guy was released from the team. My guess is that if Holmes continues to screw up, the Steelers will release him, 30 other teams won't want anything to do with him, and he will find himself a home with the Dallas Cowboys.

29. You forgot the Raiders...then again, most people do these days.

ESPN is making it sound as if he will start on Sunday against the Redskins? No further discipline until the authorities figure out charges ect...

That is the word around Pittsburgh. He has his one one meeting with Tomlin and he should be back to normal pending anything from the league.