[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

lots of those "take a survey" popups

Azazello1313

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to hit refresh to open every thread or reply to any thread at the huddle. Very annoying and its hard to beleive that that is how we have to get around the site now.

I have to hit refresh to open every thread or reply to any thread at the huddle. Very annoying and its hard to beleive that that is how we have to get around the site now.

What? Did anything change on your end? sounds like a browser is set to check cache first.

I've noticed the same pause or hang many, many times the past 2 weeks or so, but it has been sporadic - same symptom however, in order to actually load a page / thread in any forum, I have to click once, wait ~25 seconds for nothing to load, then give up and refresh the page - then the desired content will actually display after another 2-5 second pause.

There have been zero changes on my system in months, a Win XP Pro PC using IE 6.0.2900SP2.

E2A - happened just now when I clicked on the "Forums" link after posting the above - the browser displayed the 1st "banner" (Fantasy Players / Parner Sites / Search panel) and nothing further - but IE told me the page load was "done" ... this is the URL that was in the Address bar when I froze ... waited ~20 seconds, hit my browser refresh button, the the main Forums page loaded up.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?act=idx

Edited by ts

Please consider this the final word on the "survey" popups or any other popup ad unit you may run across on the site.

There is only one way we can address this issue for users. You must email me (not David) a screen shot that shows the popup and The Huddle page you are on when it appeared. We utilize a dozen ad serving services that serve hundreds of different ad units each. We need the screen shot. Without that information there is no way for us to identify the offending ad server / ad unit combination that is causing the popup.

I'm closing this post because continued notifications here serve no purpose. Email me screen shots and I'll work with our agency to get the ad units removed if warranted. Thanks.