[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Forget the Polls, Forget the BCS

theeohiostate

Base it on what you've seen this season.

I don't buy a 1 loss team being dismissed as the best in the country. I think there are 2 teams each with a loss, that would put a knot of the heads of the other top 10 teams in the country.

1. USC

2. Florida

3. Texas

4. Penn St

5. Texas Tech

Edited to add...

If Penn St were to lose to the Buckeyes tonight, I'd place the Georgia/LSU winner at #4

Edited by theeohiostate

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have missed that butt-whoopin last weekend... :wacko:

If you are referring to 2 weeks ago, OU led that game 50 minutes or more. OU Had a 3 pt lead with 6 minutes left, then gave up a TD to Texas, went three and out, and Texas scored again in the final few minutes to give the final score. OU is more talented than Texas. That was clearly an upset. But whatever you say

Base it on what you've seen this season.

I don't buy a 1 loss team being dismissed as the best in the country. I think there are 2 teams each with a loss, that would put a knot of the heads of the other top 10 teams in the country.

1. USC

2. Florida

3. Texas

4. Penn St

5. Texas Tech

Edited to add...

If Penn St were to lose to the Buckeyes tonight, I'd place the Georgia/LSU winner at #4

USC would be lucky to finish 3rd in the Big 12 South this year. I hope they make it to the NC with a Big 12 or SEC team and get the snot kicked out of them.

USC would be lucky to finish 3rd in the Big 12 South this year. I hope they make it to the NC with a Big 12 or SEC team and get the snot kicked out of them.

one of the most ignorant comments thrown out here in a while..... you realize no one has kicked the snot out of them under Carroll, EVER right?

my top 5 as of now

Texas

FLA

USC

OU

Penn State

UGA/LSU right on their heels

Damn, did Texas just whip up on another Okie team... :wacko:

You know, to hear sarge doofus tell it, the oklahomo's are always the better team, win or lose.

They were better than WVU in that fiesta bowl and better than Texas. Go figure? :D

Edited by westvirginia

You know, to hear sarge doofus tell it, the oklahomo's are always the better team, win or lose.

They were better than WVU in that fiesta bowl and better than Texas. Go figure? :wacko:

Put OU vs Texas on the same field again, Vegas is going to have the Whorns getting points.

Okie St isnt better than Texas, and you are a fool if you think WVU was a better team. Seriously, if you combined OU and WVU, how many from WVU would start. Stoops does a poor job getting his team focused with such a layoff, we have been screaming that for years.

one of the most ignorant comments thrown out here in a while..... you realize no one has kicked the snot out of them under Carroll, EVER right?

my top 5 as of now

Texas

FLA

USC

OU

Penn State

UGA/LSU right on their heels

revised....... forgot Bama

Texas

FLA

USC

BAMA

Penn State/UGA

:wacko: Only two guys have picked Bama in their Top 5 :D

They are undefeated and have beat Clemson by 24, Arkansas by 35, Geaorgia by 11 and Tennessee by 20 ........ ALL on the road :D Come on guys, at the very least, they deserve mention in the Top 3.

Edited by theprofessor

They are undefeated and have beat Clemson by 24, Arkansas by 35, Geaorgia by 11 and Tennessee by 20 ........ ALL on the road :D Come on guys, at the very least, they deserve mention in the Top 3.

The only problem I have with Bama other than their typical delusional fans who continue to live in the past is their lack of depth. Would have thought it would have taken Saban a couple of more years to get where his team is today. Just can't help but to think Bama will run out of gas sometime this season. :D

Not really referring to kicking the "snot" out of USC in terms of score. I'm talking physicallity on the field.

either way homie- ain't gonna happen.

USC is the most physical team in the country defensively BY FAR - do you actually watch college games -

USC doesn't deserves playing in the NC game. Other teams certainly more deserving right now.

But saying they will beat beaten down physically by another team is flat out funny- especially a team from the Big 12 b/c SC would physically dominate any team from the new WAC 12.

Edited by wildcat2334

either way homie- ain't gonna happen.

USC is the most physical team in the country defensively BY FAR - do you actually watch college games -

USC doesn't deserves playing in the NC game. Other teams certainly more deserving right now.

But saying they will beat beaten down physically by another team is flat out funny- especially a team from the Big 12 b/c SC would physically dominate any team from the new WAC 12.

USC is the most physical team in the country defensively BY FAR - do you actually watch college games - Don't agree. Most talented doesn't equal most physical.

USC doesn't deserves playing in the NC game. Other teams certainly more deserving right now. - I agree but the media will push them into the NC if they can.

But saying they will beat beaten down physically by another team is flat out funny- especially a team from the Big 12 b/c SC would physically dominate any team from the new WAC 12. - Talking about SEC here... Georgia, Bama would be fun to watch! In fact I think Texas is more physical than USC... now I'm not saying Texas has the best defense.

Edited by ThatDude

I was thinking this very thing. And don't forget that Georiga's last 14 points were scored in the last 3 minutes of that game.

Who would I rank in the top 5?

Texas

Bama

Penn St

OU

Georgia

Who are my top 5 as they are playing right now?

Texas

Bama

Florida

Penn St/USC/Georgia