[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Forget the Polls, Forget the BCS

theeohiostate

In this scenerio this would be a 3 way tie, its not like its just these 2 teams head to head. Tech has the same argument over Texas, as Texas has over OU, and OU will have over Tech if OU happens to win this game. And in my opinion you look back at how these teams started. OU was considered to be the better team over Texas, just like texas was considered to be better than Tech, and Id bet OU is a favorite over Tech too. So its not just who beat who, but who is the best team of the bunch, and looking at how OU was leading that texas game for 3+ quarters before melting down, their fault by the way. I dont see how you can say Texas is more deserving that OU, especially in a 3 way tie scenerio where each team beat a undefeated top 2 team. And for the record, I think Tech should still be ahead of Texas in the standings because of the way they beat them, and it just happened. Texas never sustained a drive until the final one. They scored points, but a kickoff return, a DB falling down for a 80 yard TD, defensive score, etc. Tech dominated that game from start to finish, and Texas as they did vs OU, hung around and tried to steal it at the end. This time they couldnt. Because tech moved right down the field in under 2 minutes and scored to win the game.

Besides, if OU wins out, they would have beaten the probable Big East Champ, TCU, and 2 of the other 3 big dogs in the south. Where Texas and Tech havent beaten anyone to date but Big 12 opponents. SOS has to play a part in the computers, otherwise Texas computer ranking thus far wouldnt be where it is now. And I see that shifting greatly after OU plays Tech and Okie St, plus the non conference wins, vs Texas non conference wins.

I think if Tech loses, they will be sitting behind UT and OU in the BCS.

No one is saying its a given OU will win the game. hell Tech has won 2 of the last 3 in this series alone. This is hypothetical, if it does happen.

And Zia, you are a typical tech fan. You can sit back, and just root for your team, and if they win out, they win the NC. Why you are so bothered by scenerios or Tech isnt #1, blah blah blah is typical tech. What does it matter, if you are 1 or 2. 1 plays 2 in the NC game. And its my opinion you will be 1, as soon as Bama loses, and if you get Bama in the NC game, your team will win a National Championship.

All I hear on local radio is how tech isnt getting any love. Are you freakin kidding, when has Tech ever been the main game on ABC before the past 2 weeks. That is love baby. OU hasnt played a night game yet on ABC, and their first will be Techs 3rd.

I was kidding big dog (well a little bit, at least). :wacko: But wouldn't you agree most folks think OU is going to steamroll Tech?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But wouldn't you agree most folks think OU is going to steamroll Tech?

I don't think this at all. This game concerns me. I think if both teams play well, OU wins this game more times than not. But that doesn't mean anything. At this point, I almost think this game is a coin flip. Maybe a slight edge to OU because of home field.

Not sure anyone has mentioned this potential outcome:

OU beats Tech, then OU loses to Okie St.

Ou has 2 losses, Tex and Tech have 1 (Tech goes to the Big 12 championship game and wins)

Does a one-loss Tech team (late loss) still go to the NC game, or do they get jumped by SC/Tex or a one-loss Bama team if they get beat in the SEC championship game? (that would be a repeat of the SEC Championship)

If Bama wins out and gives FL their 2nd loss, who would Bama play with the same Big 12 outcome above:

USC- 1 OSU

Tech- 1 OU

Tex- 1 Tech

OU- 2 Tex/Okie

FL- 2 MS/Bama

???

No, I really hadn't thought of that one. I guess with 3 weeks left (2 games for some), just about anything could happen though.

OU beats Tech, then OU loses to Okie St.

Much like Bama the boys from Texas Tech can probably not afford a loss unless every team in the top 10 lose as well.

In the case you presented where Tech loses to the Sooners & the Sooners lose to the Cowboys, Texas would likely be the higher BCS seed and be the Big12 South representative. I do however think there is a very slight chance we could have an all Big 12 BCS NC if things fall just for the Big 12.

Much like Bama the boys from Texas Tech can probably not afford a loss unless every team in the top 10 lose as well.

In the case you presented where Tech loses to the Sooners & the Sooners lose to the Cowboys, Texas would likely be the higher BCS seed and be the Big12 South representative. I do however think there is a very slight chance we could have an all Big 12 BCS NC if things fall just for the Big 12.

No, in that situation it would only be a two way tie with Tech and Texas, since OU would have 2 losses with both being conference losses. Tech would represent the south due to the H2H over UT.

No, in that situation it would only be a two way tie with Tech and Texas, since OU would have 2 losses with both being conference losses. Tech would represent the south due to the H2H over UT.

Not how it works in the Big12.

Both teams would be considered co Divisional Champs for the Big12 South, however unlike the Pac10 that uses head to head the Big12 awards the divsional championshiip representation to the highest BCS rated team.

Stand corrected:

Big 12 Divisional Tiebreakers: The following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:

If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative :wacko:

If it did play out that way, my guess would be that the pollsters would put USC in the game to avoid the BS that would come up if they let Texas in over Texas Tech.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Then what do you do if OU beats Tech? If OU cannot move ahead of Texas because of the H2H, does that mean that Texas cannot move ahead of Tech?

I wouldn't expect a homer to give any ground on this one. Fact is H2H OU had it's chance to beat Texas and they lost.

What is the difference from 2006 When OSU and Michigan were both undefeated , everyone was crying there shouldn't be a rematch, but the fact remained, they were the most deserving during the season.

Texas is more deserving, period !

Edited by theeohiostate

I wouldn't expect a homer to give any ground on this one. Fact is H2H OU had it's chance to beat Texas and they lost.

What is the difference from 2006 When OSU and Michigan were both undefeated , everyone was crying there shouldn't be a rematch, but the fact remained, they were the most deserving during the season.

Refresh my memory, were there 3 top 5 teams in the Big 10 that year?

How soon we forget, Didnt LSU lose its last game of the regular season, and still back into the NC game. If tech loses to OU, and wins the Big 12 Champ game, their 1 lose to a top 5 team is more deserving than any other 1 loss team but Texas, and in this scenerio, they own the tiebreak on texas. So they go.

Texas had its chance and lost it to Tech. Tech is more deserving period. Tech had its chance and lost to OU, OU is more deserving period.

What a crock of crap. Its a 3 way tie and all three lost to each other, how can your crap above say who should go. What an idiot. But did anyone expect any more?

First of all, did you even respond to what you replied to. What then, dumb ass.

And how was Michigan undefeated in 2006, when OSU beat them. Idiot. The Big 10 was as weak as ever, people just didnt know it to the bowls, when Michigan and OSU got their ass spanked in the bowls. Same thing will happen this yr in that conference, bank on it.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

Texas had its chance and lost it to Tech. Tech is more deserving period. Tech had its chance and lost to OU, OU is more deserving period.

What a crock of crap. Its a 3 way tie and all three lost to each other, how can your crap above say who should go. What an idiot. But did anyone expect any more?

First of all, did you even respond to what you replied to. What then, dumb ass.

And how was Michigan undefeated in 2006, when OSU beat them. Idiot. The Big 10 was as weak as ever, people just didnt know it to the bowls, when Michigan and OSU got their ass spanked in the bowls. Same thing will happen this yr in that conference, bank on it.

OSU has looked 10 times better against LSU and Florida then OU did against USC , Boise St and West Virginia.

I wouldn't expect a blind ass homer to acknowledge his team is no better then Texas, when the facts clearly show Texas won the game. But this is what the forum has come to expect from an idiot that TO THIS DAY , thinks OU was the better team when they lost 55-10 to USC.

:D

Nuff said :wacko:

OSU has looked 10 times better against LSU and Florida then OU did against USC , Boise St and West Virginia.

Florida: 41

OSU: 14

:wacko:

USC 55

OU 10

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm pretty sure that's not anywhere near 10 times better.

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm pretty sure that's not anywhere near 10 times better.

Many thought FLA shouldnt have even been in the game and were a huge dog to Ohio St. Id say that was an embarassment among embarassments.

And typical Mike to change the facts. SC won 55-19, not 55-10. But whatever makes Mike feel better. Just proves how little this tool knows about anything. he gets schooled repeatedly, has to change facts to make an argument, then replies to something completely different than the original point.

And just watch that game, OU continued to give the ball away. Muffed punt opened the flood gates.

Ohio St couldnt even score but 7 points on offense. They were completely whipped, by Chris freakin Leak at QB. Monumental embarassment.

Many thought FLA shouldnt have even been in the game and were a huge dog to Ohio St. Id say that was an embarassment among embarassments.

And typical Mike to change the facts. SC won 55-19, not 55-10. But whatever makes Mike feel better. Just proves how little this tool knows about anything. he gets schooled repeatedly, has to change facts to make an argument, then replies to something completely different than the original point.

And just watch that game, OU continued to give the ball away. Muffed punt opened the flood gates.

Ohio St couldnt even score but 7 points on offense. They were completely whipped, by Chris freakin Leak at QB. Monumental embarassment.

:wacko:

Your correct. I was wrong.

OU was much better then Boise St. and West Virginia :D

Oh, by the way. Had OU been given a rematch against USC they would have won. :D

Go back to the tool shed :D