[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeMeco Ryans

Is there something going on here.

I entered the season with DeMeco Ryans, Lance Briggs, Kirk Morrison, and Rocky McIntosh as my starting four backers.....with Crowder as a bench warmer. As it stands, Ryans is my fourth best backer...competing with McIntosh for last place.

Is there something that has happened with scheme that has allowed Zach Diles to vulture all the tackles from the strong side?

Is there something going on here.

I entered the season with DeMeco Ryans, Lance Briggs, Kirk Morrison, and Rocky McIntosh as my starting four backers.....with Crowder as a bench warmer. As it stands, Ryans is my fourth best backer...competing with McIntosh for last place.

Is there something that has happened with scheme that has allowed Zach Diles to vulture all the tackles from the strong side?

i have read conflicting reports that Diles has been playing WLB too....as far as I know there have been no scheme changes...as a Ryans owner i too am :confused:

The Texans have been off local TV - for one reason or another - the past two weeks so I haven't been able to see them play. The emergence of Diles - whether he's spending time on the weak side or not - could be the culprit in Ryans' slowdown. Of course, he may go off for 25+ this week and get back on track, too.

I'm giving him ONE more chance this week, then he's off my roster.

I'd be 8-0 if he had done CLOSE to his projected stats past few weeks.

Looks like you're in a league that starts just one IDP. That said, I really do recommend picking up hot IDPs week to week. Heck, you may even start a different IDP every week!

Yes just one IDP spot for my league (2pt tackle/1pt assist), it drives me nuts that Ryans is consistently the #2 projected guy behind P. Willis every week, but he's been sub-par for at least a month...

I just picked up Zach Thomas for week 9, eyeballing a few other guys...

Yup, he's off my roster once I can drop players tonight. I think it's clear by now Zac Diles is the man there.

While there are questions as to what is "wrong" with Ryans the answer most certainly is NOT that Diles is the man.

Right now after this week Diles is on pace for 94 solos and 38 assists

Before we go any further lets look at what Ryans has done the past 2 years:

Ryans

07: 99 solos with 29 assists and he ranked as the #4 LB

06: 125 solos with 30 assists and he ranked as the #1 LB

now lets take a look at what happened NEXT to Ryans in those 2 years....and to do that we are going to look at Morlon Greenwood

Greenwood

07: 90 solo tackles with 28 assists

06: 83 solo tackles with 26 assists

would you say that Greenwood hurt Ryans value in those two years? I am sure your answer has to be NO....so with that said look at what Diles is on pace for this year.....4 more solos then what Greenwood had in 2007 and 10 more assists....would 4 more solos and 10 more assists by greenwood have killed Ryans value in 2007? I think not....but lets look at what Diles is on pace for a bit closer....what you will see is he had a HUGH week 1 and without that week Diles over the past 7 weeks is actually on pace for 83 solos with 35 assists....pretty darn close to what greenwood did in 2006.....so do you still think that DILES is the reason that Ryans has been disappointing? I think a big part of it is that I doubt he is 100% healthy (he injured his ankle in the teams 3rd game of the year vs the Jags & rotoworld has reported he has been icing a shoulder after games but ryans says he is healthy...i say take that with a grain of salt)

Edited by keggerz

The Texans are better against the run so teams are going to the air on them.. MLB'ers on bad teams get lots of stats because teams are always running out the clock on them.

His 1st 2 games this year he was the Ryans of old,he faced the Steelers and Titans and they (Texans) lost by a combined score of 69-29(meanwhile Ryans stats were great). the last 5 weeks they were in every game and Ryans stats are suffing because of it.

The Texans are better against the run so teams are going to the air on them.. MLB'ers on bad teams get lots of stats because teams are always running out the clock on them.

His 1st 2 games this year he was the Ryans of old,he faced the Steelers and Titans and they (Texans) lost by a combined score of 69-29(meanwhile Ryans stats were great). the last 5 weeks they were in every game and Ryans stats are suffing because of it.

Bingo!! Couldn't have said it better myself Doc. Ryans may not be 100% right now, but at week 9 of the season, who is? He is not injured enough to the point that it is affecting his play. And regardless of what of what the stat sheet and box scores say, Diles is getting to the ball and making plays. You can look at stats to get a good idea of what is going on sometimes, but unless you are watching every play of the game you can't realize how much of an impact Diles is having this year.

Bingo!! Couldn't have said it better myself Doc. Ryans may not be 100% right now, but at week 9 of the season, who is? He is not injured enough to the point that it is affecting his play. And regardless of what of what the stat sheet and box scores say, Diles is getting to the ball and making plays. You can look at stats to get a good idea of what is going on sometimes, but unless you are watching every play of the game you can't realize how much of an impact Diles is having this year.

I am seriously thinking of benching him this next week in favor of Channing Crowder...or Rocky McIntosh...whichever does not have a bye.

not benching Ryans yet, but getting very concerned. as previously said...could be a nagging injury more serious than reported. also have Witherspoon on the bench...as well as Demarcus Ware, ( i know, another pass-rush LB....but i often take them as my 4LB)((and Ware is outscoring all of them, including Fletcher))