[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting scenario

BS Miscreant

Not that this will happen but...

If Oregon St wins out they will win the PAC10. They get both Cal and Oregon in Corvalis.

That will probably have them ranked around 15ish given that they are currently unranked and will have beaten no more ranked teams by the end of the season. Assuming SC wins out, they will be 2nd in the PAC 10 yet ranked in the top 3-4. Now I realize the Beavers winning out is a bit of a stretch but you have to admit, that would be quite an interesting situation. Especially, if there's a non-BCS team ranked higher than Ore St.

Guess IF the Beavers win the Pac 10 they go to the Rose Bowl freeing up USC. If I understand this correctly BCS allows anyone of the four major bowls that lose their #1 ranked team to the BCS NC to choose first. Would only imagine that a highly ranked USC would make any bowl team happy as an at large team. If the rankings stay the same then I would imagine we might get an Oklahoma vs Usc matchup in the Fiesta.

Not that this will happen but...

If Oregon St wins out they will win the PAC10. They get both Cal and Oregon in Corvalis.

That will probably have them ranked around 15ish given that they are currently unranked and will have beaten no more ranked teams by the end of the season. Assuming SC wins out, they will be 2nd in the PAC 10 yet ranked in the top 3-4. Now I realize the Beavers winning out is a bit of a stretch but you have to admit, that would be quite an interesting situation. Especially, if there's a non-BCS team ranked higher than Ore St.

Nice thread! Very interesting.

So if the others currently ahead of USC fell off, and USC say moved to 1 or 2 in the polls, they would more than likely be forced to back a spot or two at the end because as most everyone here agrees...

You can't have a team that didn't even win their conference play in the National Championship game!

I like it! GO BEAVERS!

Edited by millerx

Nice thread! Very interesting.

So if the others currently ahead of USC fell off, and USC say moved to 1 or 2 in the polls, they would more than likely be forced to back a spot or two at the end because as most everyone here agrees...

You can have a team that didn't even win their conference play in the National Championship game!

I like it! GO BEAVERS!

That's already happened twice. Nebraska in 2001 and Oklahoma in 2003 didn't win there conference and played in the BCS National Title Game.