[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas' Last Challenge

Perchoutofwater

::wacko:

3 years have gone by, and this guy still can't get over the fact that my team beat his team in the Super Bowl. It is soooooooo sad.

What happened in the last SB our teams played in. Get this crap outta here boy band. Dont you have some sh*t to spew on the main board.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's gonna be a hell of a game. :wacko: @ OU putting up like 1 million points on Nebraska in like 5 minutes.

The Big Eleven sucks, and if Penn State gets into the mythical national championship game, they're going to get rolled by Florida or Alabammer or whoever makes it out of the Big 12 South. I'm hoping there's a sliver of a chance UT gets there. Of course, it'll be next to impossible with Orakpo out (I'm thinking MCL). That dude is a freak of nature.

Wrong. Penn State might have a tough time against the likes of Florida, Alabama or USC because those teams play great defense but there is NO team in the Big 12 that would "roll" Penn State, as you say, because there is no team in the Big 12 that plays great defense. Penn State's defense is light years better than ANY team in the Big 12.

Wrong. Penn State might have a tough time against the likes of Florida, Alabama or USC because those teams play great defense but there is NO team in the Big 12 that would "roll" Penn State, as you say, because there is no team in the Big 12 that plays great defense. Penn State's defense is light years better than ANY team in the Big 12.

And, conversely, there is no team in the Big Eleven that plays offense anywhere close to what the Big 12 South can. :wacko: Blah blah blah. :D

And, conversely, there is no team in the Big Eleven that plays offense anywhere close to what the Big 12 South can. :wacko: Blah blah blah. :D

Don't have to. Great defense always beats Great offense. Every single time. Now, that isn't to say that Penn State has a great defense, but I can safely say it is better than anyone in the Big 12. Alabama, Florida, or USC? That might be a different story. But the Big 12? I'm sure I'm missing something.

The one major flaw in this "great Big 12 South offense" argument is the fact that outside OU's 35 against TCU and 52 against Cincinnati all this offense has been scored against nobodies(some would include TCU and Cin in this category) and the rest of the Big 12, which falls right into the argument that they are weak defensively.

Also, Penn St is scoring 42/game and giving up 11. You can even take out Coastal Carolina, Syracuse and Temple and they're still putting up 35/game. I'm not saying PSU is great but the numbers indicate they shouldn't be taken for granted.

Don't have to. Great defense always beats Great offense. Every single time. Now, that isn't to say that Penn State has a great defense, but I can safely say it is better than anyone in the Big 12. Alabama, Florida, or USC? That might be a different story. But the Big 12? I'm sure I'm missing something.

This guy get's it. Darin doesn't. :wacko:

No, ALL of us don't share YOUR feelings about Penn State having AT LEAST two losses in the Big 12 or SEC, Especially watching the BIG 12 play defense this year. Wrong again. There's only 1 team on that list that has earned the right to be ahead of Penn State and that's Texas Tech. And Penn State plays better defense than everyone on that list except USC, with Florida and TCU a close second.

Well I might have been wrong, Penn State might have 4 loses in the Big 12. TT, UT, OU and OSU would beat them........Good D????/ didn't look so great vs Iowa today!!!! WE ARE????

Well I might have been wrong, Penn State might have 4 loses in the Big 12. TT, UT, OU and OSU would beat them........Good D????/ didn't look so great vs Iowa today!!!! WE ARE????

Uh huh. Of course we wouldn't know that because those 4 big 12 teams are too busy loading up on some real power houses in the non conference. Penn State at least played Oregon State.

The one major flaw in this "great Big 12 South offense" argument is the fact that outside OU's 35 against TCU and 52 against Cincinnati all this offense has been scored against nobodies(some would include TCU and Cin in this category) and the rest of the Big 12, which falls right into the argument that they are weak defensively.

Also, Penn St is scoring 42/game and giving up 11. You can even take out Coastal Carolina, Syracuse and Temple and they're still putting up 35/game. I'm not saying PSU is great but the numbers indicate they shouldn't be taken for granted.

Penn St is no longer relevant in this discussion. Maybe next decade they will matter again. Fun for their fans while it lasted.

Well this is one Big Ten fan that had no interest in seeing Penn State in the title game. I'm happy my Hawkeyes were able to save everyone from the "misery" of seeing a Big Ten team in the title game.

My ONLY wish, in terms of the national title, is that it isn't Alabama winning it. That arrogent jackass Nick Saban deserves nothing. If it's anyone else, I could not care less. So to Florida (or Miss St or Auburn) PLZ beat Bama.

3 of those 4 teams have better offenses than Penn State but NONE of them play better defense than Penn State.

None. Zero. Nada.