[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chase Utley Parade Speech

ebartender

I'm happy for the Phillies and their fans. I'm also a big fan of Chase Utley.

I'm really not trying to rain on the parade here, but:

:wacko:

No reason to drop an F-bomb. How many young kids were attending ? I'm sure it was on Live TV, so, it didn't get bleeped. I'm not trying to be a prude, but, I think that was extremely unnecessary.

Greg Lloyd dropped a live TV F-Bomb when the Steelers made the Super Bowl in '95 and I was extremely disappointed.

I'm happy for the Phillies and their fans. I'm also a big fan of Chase Utley.

I'm really not trying to rain on the parade here, but:

:wacko:

No reason to drop an F-bomb. How many young kids were attending ? I'm sure it was on Live TV, so, it didn't get bleeped. I'm not trying to be a prude, but, I think that was extremely unnecessary.

Greg Lloyd dropped a live TV F-Bomb when the Steelers made the Super Bowl in '95 and I was extremely disappointed.

C'mon Menudo! Did you hear the cheers after he said it? I mean surely more than one or two kids in Philly have dropped the F-bomb themselves before. I can somewhat understand where you're coming from, but this is Philly. The fans eat this up. Let them have their fun. I for one would have been cheering my arss off too.I'm willing to bet that most kids over the age of 3 in Philly have heard the f-word before Chase said it in celebration. Lighten up Francis. :D

I don't know. I think that just shows a lack of class. I know that parents who brought their kids to that probably didn't like that too much either. As much as some athletes hate to admit it, they are role models, and they need to act like it, whether they are playing on the field or giving a speech or interview. Period.

C'mon Menudo! Did you hear the cheers after he said it? I mean surely more than one or two kids in Philly have dropped the F-bomb themselves before. I can somewhat understand where you're coming from, but this is Philly. The fans eat this up. Let them have their fun. I for one would have been cheering my arss off too.I'm willing to bet that most kids over the age of 3 in Philly have heard the f-word before Chase said it in celebration. Lighten up Francis. :wacko:

Sorry, maybe I'm getting old, or maybe having a young son of my own has changed me. There were lots of kids there, and most absolutely idolize Chased Utley. They want to be him. They now think throwing F-Bombs around is a "cool" thing to do, as their idol has done it twice now on national television. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it is that big of a deal, just don't think it is something that I would be applauding if I were a Phillies fan. My best friend, who is a die-hard Phillies fan, was disappointed as well, so, I don't think every Phillies fan applauded it.

Edited by Menudo

I thought it was pretty funny since he was probably the last player I would have expected to hear say that.....but with that said I was sorta disappointed too....but i wont let it detract from the :wacko: of the championship either