[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

so, I take it you guys allow popups now?

Azazello1313

been getting them consistently for at least a week now. I ask because when you went to the annoying banner ads, I am quite certain DMD made the clear, unequivocal pledge that popups would never be allowed. to quote:

I hate popups, I hate advertising and there will not be any here.

if that is still the huddle's policy, you should address it with your advertisers because there are definitely popup ads coming from the huddle.

Um... That quote was from Feb of 2005 (over 3 1/2 years ago) and was before we began taking advertising again. It was also addressing advertising in general, not popups specifically. Boy, talk about taking something out of context.

But to the point - the company that handles our ad sales and serving knows that we prefer not to have popups on the site and they make every effort to accommodate that preference. However, due to the number of banners we serve and the number of different companies and agencies these banners come from and the popup spawning technology available - it is virtually impossible to prevent all popups.

Once we become aware of any persistent popups on the site we address that situation with our ad service and they are eventually removed. But please realize it is a process that isn't always successful on a permanent basis and with the content demands of the site it is an issue that falls below several other priorities.