[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iverson to the Pistons?

THE SIX KINGS

Well, re: the bolded statement... I was just going off what ESPN reported he said today. I should have probably included some sort of link. So yeah here ya go ... haven't been paying attention to Peeston hoops much so not sure how he's been playing as of late.

So wait, Stuckey's going to be the PG? Will he guard the opposing PG? If so, that leaves AI to guard the bigger opposing SG? :DI know first-hand that switching assignments in terms of O and D sucks big time.

Interested to see how this all pans out.

No need for me to get involved in this discussion, but... I'm not sure I follow you on the part in bold. When you're on offense, you're not assigned to anyone, so there really isn't any switching involved. It's only on the defensive end that you need to worry about "assignments" and find the guy you're guarding. :D

Teams at every level do it all the time... you don't necessarily guard who's guarding you. In fact, I would say that it's pretty rare that all five guys guard the same guys who are guarding them. Maybe I'm missing something in your statement... If so, sorry. :wacko:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need for me to get involved in this discussion, but... I'm not sure I follow you on the part in bold. When you're on offense, you're not assigned to anyone, so there really isn't any switching involved. It's only on the defensive end that you need to worry about "assignments" and find the guy you're guarding. :D

Teams at every level do it all the time... you don't necessarily guard who's guarding you. In fact, I would say that it's pretty rare that all five guys guard the same guys who are guarding them. Maybe I'm missing something in your statement... If so, sorry. :wacko:

No you didn't miss anything... I just went back and re-read the article I had posted and then my subsequent post (and the part in bold inparticular) and went :D .... it's a wonder what a six-pack of heavy beer and hardly any sleep does to a man. :D I was apparently between thoughts and didn't finish the first before going to the second.

I think the first thought was that if Iverson somehow gets picked off and has to guard the opposing SG, they're in huge trouble. Meaning that they're not as interchangable as, say, a Rip/Stuckey backcourt, on the defensive end. As for the offensive side, obviously all three guards possess solid skills. I think it just boils down to the fact that I think a three-guard offense would work better for them. And again, I haven't watched enough Peeston hoops this year to know how they were operating with that lineup. Obviously not good enough, hence the change.

And again, I haven't watched enough Peeston hoops this year to know how they were operating with that lineup. Obviously not good enough, hence the change.

So, I'm watching some Peeston hoops right now (vs. DAL, on ESPN) and I'm forced to switch it off 'cuz they still have Corky from Life Goes On saying "DEEEETROOOOOIT BAAASKETBAAAALL". That has to be the lamest thing in sports. Period.

So, I'm watching some Peeston hoops right now (vs. DAL, on ESPN) and I'm forced to switch it off 'cuz they still have Corky from Life Goes On saying "DEEEETROOOOOIT BAAASKETBAAAALL". That has to be the lamest thing in sports. Period.

it's about all we got now. :wacko:

Az, where do I send the money. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So the Peestons finally wised up and will now bring Iverson off the bench. In a word: duh. The guy is instant offense, and the team will get off to a better start with Rip/Stuckey in the backcourt to start the game.

They've gone into Boston and Orlando and escaped with wins (granted neither opponent was at full strength). We'll see if this move makes enough of a difference to propel them forward leading into the playoffs.

Frankly, in the troubled East, the Peestons are not a team I'd want to play in the first round.

• 1 month later...