[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Florida is going freaking crazy

detlef

Fortunately they have the opportunity to make sure that 2 BCS conference teams don't end up being undefeated because it's pretty damned clear they're playing the best ball right now and need to be playing in the NC game if they win out. No question at all. They're just flat-out murdering people. Murdering everyone. I understand that the SEC seems somewhat down this year, but they're putting up the kind of scores you put up on Middle Tennessee St. or something.

It's just silly.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that I have enjoyed the quality of their play since the Ole Miss game. It was after that game that Meyer began using all the weapons on offense rather than relying primarily on Harvin and Tebow. I am interested to see how we do against FSU in Tallahassee. Rivalry games like that always make me nervous.

Fortunately they have the opportunity to make sure that 2 BCS conference teams don't end up being undefeated because it's pretty damned clear they're playing the best ball right now and need to be playing in the NC game if they win out. No question at all. They're just flat-out murdering people. Murdering everyone. I understand that the SEC seems somewhat down this year, but they're putting up the kind of scores you put up on Middle Tennessee St. or something.

It's just silly.

Absolutely destroying teams. And it's always something different each week. one week it's defense, next week it's the passing, then special teams. They are just amazing in that they can beat you in so many ways. Just see no way they don't play for the NC.

I actually watched that Ole Miss game and still don't remember how they lost. I think they had injuries at RB and they just didn't play with that fire they have now. I think that lost was the best thing to happen to them, sorta gave them the kick in the azz they needed.

I have to say that I have enjoyed the quality of their play since the Ole Miss game. It was after that game that Meyer began using all the weapons on offense rather than relying primarily on Harvin and Tebow.

Using ALL the weapons is the key. Last year it was all about Tebow and Harvin, which is why Tebow put up rediculous stats and won the Heisman. That 4th and one play against Ole Miss using Tebow was old hat. They were ready for it. Since then they have been using every weapon imaginalble. As many years as I have been watching UF play, I have to say that this is the best I've seen this offense play. That includes the Spurrier years.

I was a tad worried about this game as SC had the #3 ranked D in the country. UF rushed for 336 yards or something. Unreal. Percy Harvin ran 8 times for 167 yards. That's 20.9 yards per carry!

They get a pansy next week(The Citadel, lol). I don't see Tebow playing more than a half if even that. Need to keep him healthy for FSU. And like Unta, I am a bit apprehensive about that game also. Rivalry games can really f'k things up. Remember what UCLA did to USC a few years Ago? If UF continues to play at this level, I don't think Bama can beat them, although Saban will not be giving them any freebies with stupid calls on kick returns, for instance. This team is truly a treat to watch, that's for sure.

It occurred to me last night while watching the the high school "playoffs" :wacko: that the inability to get this done at the collegiate level must be nothing other than politics. Its a damn shame, the BCS system is total BS what with the automatic berths for ACC and Big East.

UF shouldnt make that game period. There are 2 teams in the Big 12 south more worthy on schedule, record and quality win and loss. Lets get real UGA sucks ass, they struggled against a sh*tty Auburn team, and LSU was losing late to Troy. Neither of these teams are what they were last yr, not even close. I think UF is one of the best 3 teams in the country, but they are getting alot more love than SC, and they lost at home to Ole Miss. While SC at least lost on the road to Oregon St. Mind boggling UF is getting this much love, after that loss. That should have eliminated them completely, and for them to jump other 1 loss teams in the past few weeks because they are murdering frauds, is another joke in this system. Tech and Texas should play over UF, if tech wins out. I could care less what happens with UF, they do not deserve to play in this game over Tech, Texas or OU if they happen to beat Tech. Either Bama and a Big 12 team, or 2 Big 12 teams should be playing in the NC. That loss to Ole Miss should be worse than SC's loss to Oregon St. hell Oregon St is still in 1st place in the Pac-10 for crying out loud. Ole Miss is at best middle of the road of a down SEC this yr.

Bottom line, you lose at home to Ole Miss, you should be eliminated from NC contention if their are any other 1 loss teams available. PERIOD.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

I dont believe anyone can beat UF, but Id put money on any of 4 Big 12 south teams to beat bama, if they make the NC game.

UF shouldnt make that game period. There are 2 teams in the Big 12 south more worthy on schedule, record and quality win and loss. Lets get real UGA sucks ass, they struggled against a sh*tty Auburn team, and LSU was losing late to Troy. Neither of these teams are what they were last yr, not even close. I think UF is one of the best 3 teams in the country, but they are getting alot more love than SC, and they lost at home to Ole Miss. While SC at least lost on the road to Oregon St. Mind boggling UF is getting this much love, after that loss. That should have eliminated them completely, and for them to jump other 1 loss teams in the past few weeks because they are murdering frauds, is another joke in this system. Tech and Texas should play over UF, if tech wins out. I could care less what happens with UF, they do not deserve to play in this game over Tech, Texas or OU if they happen to beat Tech. Either Bama and a Big 12 team, or 2 Big 12 teams should be playing in the NC. That loss to Ole Miss should be worse than SC's loss to Oregon St. hell Oregon St is still in 1st place in the Pac-10 for crying out loud. Ole Miss is at best middle of the road of a down SEC this yr.

Bottom line, you lose at home to Ole Miss, you should be eliminated from NC contention if their are any other 1 loss teams available. PERIOD.

What, exactly, are you smokin brother?

Well...I guess that depends. Your point is that because Ole Miss beat Florida, they should not be allowed in the NC game. Others would rather see the two best teams play each other for the championship. Now, is Florida one of the two best teams? Let's say they look pretty good right now. I'm not seeing a weakness in any aspect of their game. They still have to beat FSU and Alabama. If they do so, and in the manner they have been winning, I think they should be in the NC game. You, yourself, have posted that you don't think anyone can beat Florida.

If we are going to put the most deserving in the NC game rather than the two best teams, how come Utah gets no love in your rant? How come Boise St gets no love? They are both undefeated. Aside from your fear that Oklahoma might have to play them in a bowl game and lose to a WAC or MWC team on national television that is (sorry, I couldn't resist).

I'm also aware that we can't know who the two best teams are because there is no playoff system. In 2006, I said that it was unfair that either Michigan or Florida was going to get to the NC game because both were deserving. I was glad it was Florida. If 3 teams from the Big 12 only have one loss and only one gets in (hopefully against Florida), that would be unfair as well. It is always going to be unfair until a real playoff system is implemented.

As for me, I'd like to see the two best teams play. I thought you felt the same way. I guess on this issue, we'll have to disagree.

No question that UF is playing better than anyone right now and could spank just about anyone in the country next week or in the NC game.....however, the BIG 12 South has three teams that could beat UF and if given the chance will, in the NC game! Only time will tell who gets the chance, I do not see UF losing again, FSU is a big in-state game, but trust UF will come out on top and BAMA will be very prepared and play hard, but fall short in the SEC Champoinship game giving us one side of the NC game......

I hope to see a Texas vs. UF NC game, but UT will have very little to say about that as they have done all they can to this point, if OU wins over Tech it will still be out of UT's hands as they will need to remain higher than OU in the BCS.....

Florida beats anyone in the Big 12 by 3 td's or more. No one in the Big 12 has the type of speed that UF has particularly on the defensive side of the ball, because no one in the Big 12 plays defense. You can call it great offense and it looks really sexy and it's pretty easy to say, but I've seen read this book already. It all ends the same. They run into a defense with a pulse it will get ooooooooooooooooooooooooogly.

I dont see why everyone keeps saying FLA is playing the best right now. OU is murdering teams even worse than FLA, and they are not getting any love, while FLA gets all this attention. Its like golden boy Tebow, who I like, is getting alot of sympathy votes, when really is FLA beaten anyone thus far. LSU and GA prove to be frauds. Seriously, OU , Texas and Techwould destroy those teams as well. The sad part is a team losing to a top 5 team on the road will be left out of the NC game, while a team like FLA loses at home to unranked Ole Miss, and because they are running up the score on inferior teams, they are getting all this love. Im sorry, I dont get it. Im not saying FLA isnt one of the top 2 teams, but a loss at home to Ole Miss should be penalizing FLA much more than that loss to Pac 10 leader Oregon St on the road, yet SC has been consistently put behind the Big 12 South teams, and FLA just vaults them for no reason.

I dont see why everyone keeps saying FLA is playing the best right now. OU is murdering teams even worse than FLA, and they are not getting any love, while FLA gets all this attention. Its like golden boy Tebow, who I like, is getting alot of sympathy votes, when really is FLA beaten anyone thus far. LSU and GA prove to be frauds. Seriously, OU , Texas and Techwould destroy those teams as well. The sad part is a team losing to a top 5 team on the road will be left out of the NC game, while a team like FLA loses at home to unranked Ole Miss, and because they are running up the score on inferior teams, they are getting all this love. Im sorry, I dont get it. Im not saying FLA isnt one of the top 2 teams, but a loss at home to Ole Miss should be penalizing FLA much more than that loss to Pac 10 leader Oregon St on the road, yet SC has been consistently put behind the Big 12 South teams, and FLA just vaults them for no reason.

No question that UF is playing better than anyone right now and could spank just about anyone in the country next week or in the NC game.....however, the BIG 12 South has three teams that could beat UF and if given the chance will, in the NC game! Only time will tell who gets the chance, I do not see UF losing again, FSU is a big in-state game, but trust UF will come out on top and BAMA will be very prepared and play hard, but fall short in the SEC Champoinship game giving us one side of the NC game......

I hope to see a Texas vs. UF NC game, but UT will have very little to say about that as they have done all they can to this point, if OU wins over Tech it will still be out of UT's hands as they will need to remain higher than OU in the BCS.....

With the type of defense that the Top teams in the Big South there is NO WAY any of them beat Florida. The Gators would put 40+ on Oklahoma and Texas Tech and probably 30+ on Texas and NONE of those teams could put up 30+ on Florida with the way they're playing.

The best NC game in my opinion would be USC vs. Florida or USC vs. Alabama.

Come on Sarge ... until your Sooners start playing defense they won't, and shouldn't, be considered a front runner for a NC game.

The issue facing OU at this point in the polls is very simple, during that run through which you are suggesting OU are beating teams even worse than UF has been, OU has been beating mediocre to bad teams and giving up 30 pts a game to them. They'll get their love when/if they handle Tech and Okie St.

With the type of defense that the Top teams in the Big South there is NO WAY any of them beat Florida. The Gators would put 40+ on Oklahoma and Texas Tech and probably 30+ on Texas and NONE of those teams could put up 30+ on Florida with the way they're playing.

You are kidding right?

Teams will play to their competition...aka Chicago shutting down the run vs. Tenn last week in the NFL...in the BIG 12 they have explosive offense with great QB's, has nothing to do with how good or bad their defence is....you think Texas will try and get into a shootout with UF...no they will try and play in a tempo to give them a shot to win in the second have...they have the talent to do that...so does OU. I take nothing away from UF, they are solid, fast as heck and very well coached...however, they are beatable...proven by Ol Miss earlier in the year

If you want to crown their ass...then crown them...I am just not ready for that yet

The way the BCS is shaping up with the top 5 teams coming from the SEC and Big 12 it's looking very much like a SEC vs. Big 12 NC game. Of course there's still a decent amount of key football games yet to be played.

You are kidding right?

Teams will play to their competition...aka Chicago shutting down the run vs. Tenn last week in the NFL...in the BIG 12 they have explosive offense with great QB's, has nothing to do with how good or bad their defence is....you think Texas will try and get into a shootout with UF...no they will try and play in a tempo to give them a shot to win in the second have...they have the talent to do that...so does OU. I take nothing away from UF, they are solid, fast as heck and very well coached...however, they are beatable...proven by Ol Miss earlier in the year

If you want to crown their ass...then crown them...I am just not ready for that yet

Nothing to do with their defense ? Are you kidding. The Defense being played in the Big 12 this season is no better the Mountain West football. You don't need to sugar coat it by saying the offenses are just that good, look at some facts.

Mizzou gives up 42 to Illinois, yet Illinois is only averaging 26 PPG in Big 10 play

OU gives up 26 to UC , but the Bearcats are only averaging 21 in the beast of a defense conference Big East

OSU gives up 37 to Houston , from the depleted and barely worthy of DI Conference USA

Tech gives up 24 to Eastern Washington, who averages 24 in the Big Sky conference.

The list keeps going on and on. I just touched on the best of the Big 12. It's really ugly when you look at OOC games from the Big 12 bottom feeders. It's no wonder big #'s are being put up this year in that conference. Hell, the freshman led Bucks would hang 45 each week against those defenses.

Point of fact, is the Big 12 Homers are in for a complete shocker this bowl season by false hope with these offensive outputs.

Edited by theeohiostate

I am going to attempt to show you why your arguments ring false.

When Penn St was undefeated, you were upset that they were going to play for the NC because you did not feel that they even belonged in the top 5. If Penn St had finished undefeated, I believe you would have been yelling about how they did not belong in the NC game and did not deserve to be there because they were clearly not as strong as several other teams.

Now, in the post I've quoted, you seem to be stating that Florida is 1 of the top 2 teams in the country. Yet now, because it impacts Oklahoma, Florida does not belong in the NC game because they loss to Ole Miss. It now no longer makes any difference to you that in your opinion, Florida is one of the top 2 teams in the country.

Finally, Utah and Boise State are undefeated. By your reasoning, surely they deserve to be in the NC game over any 1-loss team. However, your argument will be that even though they are both undefeated, they don't belong in the NC game because they are not better than any of the teams currently in the top 5, including the 1-loss teams.

So, the question you have to answer--do you want to see the 2 best teams in the NC game, the 2 teams who deserve to be there, or is your opinion whatever will help Oklahoma play for the NC?

Nothing to do with their defense ? Are you kidding. The Defense being played in the Big 12 this season is no better the Mountain West football. You don't need to sugar coat it by saying the offenses are just that good, look at some facts.

Mizzou gives up 42 to Illinois, yet Illinois is only averaging 26 PPG in Big 10 play

OU gives up 26 to UC , but the Bearcats are only averaging 21 in the beast of a defense conference Big East

OSU gives up 37 to Houston , from the depleted and barely worthy of DI Conference USA

Tech gives up 24 to Eastern Washington, who averages 24 in the Big Sky conference.

The list keeps going on and on. I just touched on the best of the Big 12. It's really ugly when you look at OOC games from the Big 12 bottom feeders. It's no wonder big #'s are being put up this year in that conference. Hell, the freshman led Bucks would hang 45 each week against those defenses.

Point of fact, is the Big 12 Homers are in for a complete shocker this bowl season by false hope with these offensive outputs.

You are a Fn moron, do you know what happened in every one of those games, the Big 12 team blew out the other. Have you ever heard of putting in your 2nd and 3rd string when the game is a rout. I know that doesnt happen in BIg 10 country, but elsewhere it does. Just shut up Mike, you are proving to be the biggest idiot alive with your every post. I already knew better, now others are starting to see it as well.

... do you know what happened in every one of those games, the Big 12 team blew out the other. Have you ever heard of putting in your 2nd and 3rd string when the game is a rout. I know that doesnt happen in BIg 10 country, but elsewhere it does.

Didn't want to get involved in this argument, but that's absolutely false, Sarge. In every one of the games mentioned, the winning (Big 12) team's QB was in the game for their last offensive possession. Certainly, if these games were such blowouts, they would have pulled their QB at some point, wouldn't they have? In fact, let's look at it a little closer:

Missouri 52 - Illinois 42... Chase Daniel was stopped short of a first down with 6:02 left to play when Missouri went for it on 4th and 1 from the Illinois 30. If it's a blowout, why not give your kicker a FG chance or make your punter try to pin them deep? It was a 10-point game at that point... both teams scored once more. No blowout.

OU 52 - Cincinnati 26... Could be argued that this was a blowout, but that's not the point. Cincinnati had scored 20 of their 26 points with 9+ minutes left in the 3rd quarter. In other words, they weren't facing second-string guys when they scored. Not unless OU pulled their starters after the first quarter, which I doubt, since Bradford threw a TD pass with 4 minutes left in the game.

OSU 56 - Houston 37... Houston actually led this game at halftime, 16-14. Once again, Zac Robinson played the entire game at QB for the winners. Given that there were 90+ points scored in the game, I'm fairly certain OSU had their first-string defense in the game, even with a 3-score lead late.

TTU 49 - EMU 24... Tech scored 14 in the 4th quarter to make this game look like more of a blowout than it really was. It was 35-24 at the end of the 3rd. Not only did they score the final 14 points, but included in that was a TD with 2:00 to play. Surprisingly, Graham Harrell was still in the game at that point.

My point is that these games were clearly not the type of blowouts that you make them out to be. Comfortable leads in the second half? Maybe. Comfortable enough to pull the starting QB at any point in any of these games. Nope. Generally, if teams decide to pull their starters at some point because of a substantial lead, the quarterback goes to the bench sooner rather than later. Almost assuredly, the QB would have been replaced as soon as (or before) the defense would have in these games.

Sorry, but I think it's safe to say that the Big 12 has proven that they give up a ton of points, in conference and out.