[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Florida is going freaking crazy

detlef

Didn't want to get involved in this argument, but that's absolutely false, Sarge. In every one of the games mentioned, the winning (Big 12) team's QB was in the game for their last offensive possession. Certainly, if these games were such blowouts, they would have pulled their QB at some point, wouldn't they have? In fact, let's look at it a little closer:

Missouri 52 - Illinois 42... Chase Daniel was stopped short of a first down with 6:02 left to play when Missouri went for it on 4th and 1 from the Illinois 30. If it's a blowout, why not give your kicker a FG chance or make your punter try to pin them deep? It was a 10-point game at that point... both teams scored once more. No blowout.

OU 52 - Cincinnati 26... Could be argued that this was a blowout, but that's not the point. Cincinnati had scored 20 of their 26 points with 9+ minutes left in the 3rd quarter. In other words, they weren't facing second-string guys when they scored. Not unless OU pulled their starters after the first quarter, which I doubt, since Bradford threw a TD pass with 4 minutes left in the game.

OSU 56 - Houston 37... Houston actually led this game at halftime, 16-14. Once again, Zac Robinson played the entire game at QB for the winners. Given that there were 90+ points scored in the game, I'm fairly certain OSU had their first-string defense in the game, even with a 3-score lead late.

TTU 49 - EMU 24... Tech scored 14 in the 4th quarter to make this game look like more of a blowout than it really was. It was 35-24 at the end of the 3rd. Not only did they score the final 14 points, but included in that was a TD with 2:00 to play. Surprisingly, Graham Harrell was still in the game at that point.

My point is that these games were clearly not the type of blowouts that you make them out to be. Comfortable leads in the second half? Maybe. Comfortable enough to pull the starting QB at any point in any of these games. Nope. Generally, if teams decide to pull their starters at some point because of a substantial lead, the quarterback goes to the bench sooner rather than later. Almost assuredly, the QB would have been replaced as soon as (or before) the defense would have in these games.

Sorry, but I think it's safe to say that the Big 12 has proven that they give up a ton of points, in conference and out.

:wacko: just sayin' ........... :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing to do with their defense ? Are you kidding. The Defense being played in the Big 12 this season is no better the Mountain West football. You don't need to sugar coat it by saying the offenses are just that good, look at some facts.

Mizzou gives up 42 to Illinois, yet Illinois is only averaging 26 PPG in Big 10 play

OU gives up 26 to UC , but the Bearcats are only averaging 21 in the beast of a defense conference Big East

OSU gives up 37 to Houston , from the depleted and barely worthy of DI Conference USA

Tech gives up 24 to Eastern Washington, who averages 24 in the Big Sky conference.

The list keeps going on and on. I just touched on the best of the Big 12. It's really ugly when you look at OOC games from the Big 12 bottom feeders. It's no wonder big #'s are being put up this year in that conference. Hell, the freshman led Bucks would hang 45 each week against those defenses.

Point of fact, is the Big 12 Homers are in for a complete shocker this bowl season by false hope with these offensive outputs.

TOS you missed my point....but I understand because you have been put to sleep by the BIG 10's run three time and punt back and forth games that give an assumtion that they play defence....and BTW the slow...yes it came up again, slow style of play adds to this deception......

BIG 12 teams are not afraid to go after big plays as they know they can score and score in a hurry....you think SCar has a bad D cause UF put up 56 on them??? Your girls would not score 17 on SC...or Tex or OU for that matter...gald to see the BIG 10 not in the NC game this year, they have proven they do not belong...let the SEC and BIG 12 shoot it out defense or no defense

TOS you missed my point....but I understand because you have been put to sleep by the BIG 10's run three time and punt back and forth games that give an assumtion that they play defence....and BTW the slow...yes it came up again, slow style of play adds to this deception......

BIG 12 teams are not afraid to go after big plays as they know they can score and score in a hurry....you think SCar has a bad D cause UF put up 56 on them??? Your girls would not score 17 on SC...or Tex or OU for that matter...gald to see the BIG 10 not in the NC game this year, they have proven they do not belong...let the SEC and BIG 12 shoot it out defense or no defense

If West Virginia and Boise St can beat OU, how can't ?

You saying that OSU can't score as much as UC , Eastern Washington, Houston or Illinois all did against Big 12 opponents ? :wacko:

Florida is clearly the best team right now, not sure why anyone is arguing that they're not, you look silly.

Clearly, Clearly. Get the hell outta here. They lost at home to Ole Miss. Bob Stoops is 60-2 at home in 10 years. FLA has already lost half as many games, this year and to a unranked middle of the road team. Get that clearly crap outta here. The best team doesnt lose at home to unranked teams. Even SC didnt do that.

FLA is punking what is proving to be over rated teams. Seriously, GA struggles with Auburn, LSU struggles with Troy, and these are FLA's signature wins. I would love nothing more than to see FLA get punked again, Im sick of the spew about how great they are. I bit on it too, but now after seeing what frauds LSU and GA are, Im changed my stance tremendously.

Besides, OSU nor LSU were the best teams last year, yet both made this game. They were what people thought were the most deserving. And if this is the criteria, FLA should be #7 at best behind SC as far as deserving to be ranked, based on the body of work of the season. Including that humilating loss at home to Ole Miss. Same reason SC wasnt in the title game last yr, they were punked by Stanford. When you lose to these types of teams, you shouldnt be considered for NC contention unless you have fewer loses than other contenders.

If West Virginia and Boise St can beat OU, how can't ?

You saying that OSU can't score as much as UC , Eastern Washington, Houston or Illinois all did against Big 12 opponents ? :D

If you cant beat Ill, and LSU, who cant you beat. :wacko:

Different year numb nut.

And Im not arguing FLA shouldnt be ranked ahead of OU. Im saying FLA shouldnt be ranked ahead of SC.

Then how come the slow Big Ten absolutely OWNS the Big 12 for the better part of the last decade? Next.

Clearly, Clearly. Get the hell outta here. They lost at home to Ole Miss. Bob Stoops is 60-2 at home in 10 years. FLA has already lost half as many games, this year and to a unranked middle of the road team. Get that clearly crap outta here. The best team doesnt lose at home to unranked teams. Even SC didnt do that.

FLA is punking what is proving to be over rated teams. Seriously, GA struggles with Auburn, LSU struggles with Troy, and these are FLA's signature wins. I would love nothing more than to see FLA get punked again, Im sick of the spew about how great they are. I bit on it too, but now after seeing what frauds LSU and GA are, Im changed my stance tremendously.

Besides, OSU nor LSU were the best teams last year, yet both made this game. They were what people thought were the most deserving. And if this is the criteria, FLA should be #7 at best behind SC as far as deserving to be ranked, based on the body of work of the season. Including that humilating loss at home to Ole Miss. Same reason SC wasnt in the title game last yr, they were punked by Stanford. When you lose to these types of teams, you shouldnt be considered for NC contention unless you have fewer loses than other contenders.

Okay I've seen you post that about 1030203230 times, give it up dude. That was awhile ago and Florida has obviously put that behind them. Regardless of what you say about LSU, Georgia, and SC being bad teams they are still in the top 25 and Florida not only beat them but MURDERED them. OU, Tech, USC, or Texas beating UF? I'll take that bet all day long...................................

Plus....wasn't there a bunch of clowns on this board who said OSU would beat Florida in the NC in 07? Yeah, that happened.....

Florida will destroy Bama and handle anyone they see in the NC.

Edited by Flip_Side

I am going to attempt to show you why your arguments ring false.

When Penn St was undefeated, you were upset that they were going to play for the NC because you did not feel that they even belonged in the top 5. If Penn St had finished undefeated, I believe you would have been yelling about how they did not belong in the NC game and did not deserve to be there because they were clearly not as strong as several other teams.

Now, in the post I've quoted, you seem to be stating that Florida is 1 of the top 2 teams in the country. Yet now, because it impacts Oklahoma, Florida does not belong in the NC game because they loss to Ole Miss. It now no longer makes any difference to you that in your opinion, Florida is one of the top 2 teams in the country.

Finally, Utah and Boise State are undefeated. By your reasoning, surely they deserve to be in the NC game over any 1-loss team. However, your argument will be that even though they are both undefeated, they don't belong in the NC game because they are not better than any of the teams currently in the top 5, including the 1-loss teams.

So, the question you have to answer--do you want to see the 2 best teams in the NC game, the 2 teams who deserve to be there, or is your opinion whatever will help Oklahoma play for the NC?

sarge...care to respond or no. I'm interested in your view.

I like FLA, but the amount of love they are getting when OU and Tech are doing the same exact thing with no fan far what so ever is mind boggling to me. IS Fla one of the top 2 teams, I dont think they are now. From what I have seen so far, Tech and OU are the best 2 teams in the country and they square off next week. I think FLa and Texas are right there, but of all those teams, FLA has the worst resume of the bunch by losing to unranked Ole Miss. If OU beats Tech, each of these 3 teams are top 5, and each lost on the road to the other. FLA lost at home to an unranked team, which in this scenerio should eliminate them as it has SC to this point. Who can argue FLAs loss is better than SCs, but because FLA is running up the score on average teams, they are getting all this love. OU is doing the same thing but even more points.

I dont see why everyone keeps saying FLA is playing the best right now. OU is murdering teams even worse than FLA, and they are not getting any love, while FLA gets all this attention. Its like golden boy Tebow, who I like, is getting alot of sympathy votes, when really is FLA beaten anyone thus far. LSU and GA prove to be frauds. Seriously, OU , Texas and Techwould destroy those teams as well. The sad part is a team losing to a top 5 team on the road will be left out of the NC game, while a team like FLA loses at home to unranked Ole Miss, and because they are running up the score on inferior teams, they are getting all this love. Im sorry, I dont get it. Im not saying FLA isnt one of the top 2 teams, but a loss at home to Ole Miss should be penalizing FLA much more than that loss to Pac 10 leader Oregon St on the road, yet SC has been consistently put behind the Big 12 South teams, and FLA just vaults them for no reason.

I like FLA, but the amount of love they are getting when OU and Tech are doing the same exact thing with no fan far what so ever is mind boggling to me. IS Fla one of the top 2 teams, I dont think they are now. From what I have seen so far, Tech and OU are the best 2 teams in the country and they square off next week. I think FLa and Texas are right there, but of all those teams, FLA has the worst resume of the bunch by losing to unranked Ole Miss. If OU beats Tech, each of these 3 teams are top 5, and each lost on the road to the other. FLA lost at home to an unranked team, which in this scenerio should eliminate them as it has SC to this point. Who can argue FLAs loss is better than SCs, but because FLA is running up the score on average teams, they are getting all this love. OU is doing the same thing but even more points.

What changed in the last 10 hours? This is why some question your credibility.

He's an obvious "flip-flopper" whom always finds and out for OU .

How can you or anyone else argue with a homer that claims to this day OU was better then USC after losing 55-19 ?

Excuses and agenda driven commentary are his nook.

You are a Fn moron, do you know what happened in every one of those games, the Big 12 team blew out the other. Have you ever heard of putting in your 2nd and 3rd string when the game is a rout. I know that doesnt happen in BIg 10 country, but elsewhere it does. Just shut up Mike, you are proving to be the biggest idiot alive with your every post. I already knew better, now others are starting to see it as well.

Really?

Didn't want to get involved in this argument, but that's absolutely false, Sarge. In every one of the games mentioned, the winning (Big 12) team's QB was in the game for their last offensive possession. Certainly, if these games were such blowouts, they would have pulled their QB at some point, wouldn't they have? In fact, let's look at it a little closer:

Missouri 52 - Illinois 42... Chase Daniel was stopped short of a first down with 6:02 left to play when Missouri went for it on 4th and 1 from the Illinois 30. If it's a blowout, why not give your kicker a FG chance or make your punter try to pin them deep? It was a 10-point game at that point... both teams scored once more. No blowout.

OU 52 - Cincinnati 26... Could be argued that this was a blowout, but that's not the point. Cincinnati had scored 20 of their 26 points with 9+ minutes left in the 3rd quarter. In other words, they weren't facing second-string guys when they scored. Not unless OU pulled their starters after the first quarter, which I doubt, since Bradford threw a TD pass with 4 minutes left in the game.

OSU 56 - Houston 37... Houston actually led this game at halftime, 16-14. Once again, Zac Robinson played the entire game at QB for the winners. Given that there were 90+ points scored in the game, I'm fairly certain OSU had their first-string defense in the game, even with a 3-score lead late.

TTU 49 - EMU 24... Tech scored 14 in the 4th quarter to make this game look like more of a blowout than it really was. It was 35-24 at the end of the 3rd. Not only did they score the final 14 points, but included in that was a TD with 2:00 to play. Surprisingly, Graham Harrell was still in the game at that point.

My point is that these games were clearly not the type of blowouts that you make them out to be. Comfortable leads in the second half? Maybe. Comfortable enough to pull the starting QB at any point in any of these games. Nope. Generally, if teams decide to pull their starters at some point because of a substantial lead, the quarterback goes to the bench sooner rather than later. Almost assuredly, the QB would have been replaced as soon as (or before) the defense would have in these games.

Sorry, but I think it's safe to say that the Big 12 has proven that they give up a ton of points, in conference and out.

Well, that sort of puts an exclamation mark on it, doesn't it. Sorry Sarge, looks like the dunce cap fits you best. I'm not even going to bother pointing out that you use every argument both ways depending one which suits your Sooners best, because Steve seems to have done that well enough.

Keep in mind, Sarge, that nearly everyone weighing in this thread doesn't have a dog in the fight. We're just guys who are watching college football and are flat out amazed by FL. In fact, I freaking hate FL. You're the only one skewed by myopia.

To be honest, I think the gaudy scores in the Big 12 can't be explained by either amazing QB play or sorry Ds alone. You're simply not going to find 5 teams in one conference who's offenses are so prolific that they can score 40 on solid Ds week in and week out. Of course, if the offenses weren't at least damned good, it wouldn't matter how bad the Ds were. So, I think it's fair to say that it's both.

Of course, that's not good enough for you. It has to be the fact that the Big 12 South has the 3 best teams in the country. Just like it was an insult that OU wasn't a 2 TD favorite in both their last bowl games. Both of which, btw, they lost.

Edited by detlef

unta come on- your well thought out and logical post is a waste of time, unfortunately.

Private Ryan got sideways and stopped making sense a long time ago............. personally, I don't even read his rambling, idiotic posts anymore- dood obviously is off his meds

still not sold on the Big 11, since they refuse to schedule anyone decent in their non conference slate - this fun little offensive league may just get it's ass handed to it in the title game by FLA or Bama..............

say FLA beats Bama in a close, hard fought game - we will have Bama, USC and OU/TT sitting there with 1L........awesome

My opinion they are not one of the top 2 teams. i didnt say they were, just didnt want to argue with you f*ckers, until you asked me specifically.

And my argument wasnt against if FLA was one of the top 2 teams or not, it was about why are they getting a pass, that SC isnt. When their loss was even worse than SC's.

Somehow as always this got turned into a pissing contest, when I was asking the simple question, why is FLA's loss basically being over looked, and other teams in the top 6 have just as difficult schedule if not tougher, and their loss wasnt nearly as humiliating.

Seriously, look at how many posts there have been about FLA, when OU and Tech are doing the same things, and no one is even mentioning it.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

unta come on- your well thought out and logical post is a waste of time, unfortunately.

Private Ryan got sideways and stopped making sense a long time ago............. personally, I don't even read his rambling, idiotic posts anymore- dood obviously is off his meds

still not sold on the Big 11, since they refuse to schedule anyone decent in their non conference slate - this fun little offensive league may just get it's ass handed to it in the title game by FLA or Bama..............

say FLA beats Bama in a close, hard fought game - we will have Bama, USC and OU/TT sitting there with 1L........awesome

OU played Cincinnati who looks to be the Big East Champs, and BCS bound, and TCU who is a top 15 team. So much for this crap. And the previous 2 years OU scheduled Miami, back when Miami was good. Ohio St is on the slate in a couple of years. So get this crap outta here.

And if you actually read my post, you would see it was little against FLA, as much as it was WHY is Florida getting a pass, when SC lost to a better team on the road, as opposed to FLAs loss that has basically been forgotten. I thought SC was the media darling, it looks like FLA has taken her crown, this year anyway.

And my argument wasnt against if FLA was one of the top 2 teams or not, it was about why are they getting a pass, that SC isnt. When their loss was even worse than SC's.

Somehow as always this got turned into a pissing contest, when I was asking the simple question, why is FLA's loss basically being over looked, and other teams in the top 6 have just as difficult schedule if not tougher, and their loss wasnt nearly as humiliating.

Seriously, look at how many posts there have been about FLA, when OU and Tech are doing the same things, and no one is even mentioning it.

Everyone addressed this after USC's loss to Ore St. Unless Oregon or Cal really stepped up and showed something special then the Trojans would have nothing left on their schedule to help them recover. USC has what is perceived as a weak schedule, probably accurate perception, and they're paying for it. Since their loss they have some pretty good wins and the most "impressive" have been shutout wins over three teams(ASU, UW, WSU) that have combined for a total of 5 victories. UW and WSU might be the worst two teams in the FBS and 2 of ASU's wins are over the Huskies and Cougars. Yes, UF did lose at home and most years any loss to Ole Miss would be "humiliating" for the Gators but the Rebs are 6-4 and have lost those 4 by a total of 19 pts and UF played their worst game of the season. The upside for them has been that they had GA, LSU a pretty good SC and a solid Vandy team remaining on their schedule and they completely dismantled each of them. Overrated in your mind or not, hell overrated for real or not, they have stormed through good teams and have impressed everyone in the country except you.

As for your contention that Tech and OU are doing the samething with no fanfare(from another of your earlier posts)...

If you haven't noticed the attention that TT is getting then you're not paying attention. OU? I'm a fan and can say with ease that since the loss to Texas they have been impressive in beating teams of no sigificance whatsoever and giving up 30 pts a game in doing it. That's why no love. I said this earlier and will say it again, if OU handle, and I mean handle, TT and Okie St they'll get their love. Shoot, they may even jump to 2 with any kind of win at all over those two. Who knows? But for right now I think everything is about as it should be.