[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cajun Vampires and Were-spaniels

cre8tiff

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the guy that turns out to be the killer has been one of the extras in the bar during the crowd scenes.

I hope they do a good job with the other creature designs.

Another note. This show has to have the most awesome opening credits. I short film all it's own and a great song.

I would be disappointed with that.

But I'm guessing you haven't seen last night's episode yet?

Nope. Don't spoil it. :-)

I like Merlotte's arc a lot. And through we might see some kick-assery when Sookie was attacked, but her telling him to stay with her killed my buzz.

I'm growing suspicious of the Sheriff. He seems TOO interested in Merlotte. :wacko:

I am real keen on seeing the aftermath of Bill's punishment. I'll bet that redhead comes back to haunt him in a real bad way.

Edited by cre8tiff

Suspicious how?

I misspoke. I forgot the Sherrif is the little guy from Deadwood. Though the fact a known character actor has such a minor role is a bit suspicious he will be more involved later.

BTW, I saw the latest espisode. See comments.

The Deputy is so hot and heavy to prove his ideas about who is killing everyone, it looks like he is hiding something himself. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he ended up being either the killer or the first werewolf we see. Although the new woman with a pig could be as well.

I didn't particularly like how fickle they made Sookie. Dumping Bill like that seems out of character for her somehow. I DO like the redhead LOVING the fact she was turned. THat was hilarious.

It is really cool that Bill is a strong vamp versus humans, etc. but is clearly not strong in the vamp community.

I misspoke. I forgot the Sherrif is the little guy from Deadwood. Though the fact a known character actor has such a minor role is a bit suspicious he will be more involved later.

BTW, I saw the latest espisode. See comments.

The Deputy is so hot and heavy to prove his ideas about who is killing everyone, it looks like he is hiding something himself. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he ended up being either the killer or the first werewolf we see. Although the new woman with a pig could be as well.

I didn't particularly like how fickle they made Sookie. Dumping Bill like that seems out of character for her somehow. I DO like the redhead LOVING the fact she was turned. THat was hilarious.

It is really cool that Bill is a strong vamp versus humans, etc. but is clearly not strong in the vamp community.

I thought they alluded to the fact that the killer is Rene. As soon as he asked Jason if his chick slept with vamps I knew it was him.

Edited by twiley

Hmm.

I wonder if the killer is human?

I would be surprised and annoyed if the killer was someone who didn't frequent Merlotte's, so how can he constantly keep his mind clear of being a vamp-toy-killer around Sookie?

If he is a vampire, or some sort of other undead type.... :wacko: I think I see where you are going.

The strangling thing is problematic for THAT scenario...

Edited by cre8tiff

• 3 weeks later...
Hmm.

I wonder if the killer is human?

I would be surprised and annoyed if the killer was someone who didn't frequent Merlotte's, so how can he constantly keep his mind clear of being a vamp-toy-killer around Sookie?

I liked the tune-in radio analogy Sookie used in the last episode. Went a long way to trying to explain how her talent works... :wacko:

Agreed. And how she found it odd that

he didn't think with an accent.

Since you posted while I was, in case you missed it, please see my post above about the books.

There is sex in the book, but not of romance-novel excess. Someone compared her with Anne Rice. It is a fair comparision.

Lafayette's attack...

They made it seem like he's dead as well as attacked by Bill. But I'm pretty sure it's the politician dude behind it. I hope he's not dead since he's one of the few characters and actors on the show that really add depth. Maybe he was attacked and kidnapped by the politician since the guy probably loves him.

Am I missing something, I thought the season was over?

Wasn't Lafayette

attacked in the last episode and then Bill said that he "fed"? Seems like they tried to link the two events, but I have doubts.

Yes,

they did structure that in a way that seemed to suggest Bill was involved. Also, the nailpolish on the toes of the body in the car match Layfayette's polish he been seen applying in several episodes, but they fell short of saying the body is Lafayette's. Do you want me to go further?

So I have seen them all now. I enjoyed season 1 bigtime. A question and a comment

Why was Lafayette so mad at the senator ? Is it just because he was being hypocritical ?

Another comment is what do you think of the actor that plays Eric the vampire sherrif of there territory ? I cant make up my mind on him. Sometimes I think he carrys the charector and sometimes I think he is weak.

Also do they ever reveal how the woman that took in Tara knows Sam ? What do you think that womans motive is ?

Edited by whomper

Lafayette was also mad cuz the dude was on a path to discriminate against anyone who's lifestyle was non-christian and that included homosexuals.

I like the Sheriff and think the acting is good, but he's also not in the show much and so hasn't had the chance to develop the character like some of the other actors.

No revelations in the show, but I'm guessing that she's a supernatural creature also cuz Sam seemed rather freaked out and frightened of her. A witch perhaps?

yeah. She is supernatural. She was the woman in the road when tara was driving drunk. They also have a scene in the finale that she is sitting in a field and her face is vibrating like the vampires do sometimes

Just watched the finale again. I would say its no doubt Lafayette in the car because as someone mentioned the red nail polish. The woman , mary ann, who took in sara seems supernatural and has a history somehow with Sam but she isnt a vampire because there are scenes with her in the daylight

Just watched the finale again. I would say its no doubt Lafayette in the car because as someone mentioned the red nail polish. The woman , mary ann, who took in sara seems supernatural and has a history somehow with Sam but she isnt a vampire because there are scenes with her in the daylight

I agree that it is Lafayette in the car. The nail polish was a good call and one that I don't think that I would have caught if you guys didn't point it out.

Mary Ann is going to turn out to be a Werewolf, I think. Remember at one point that Sam is telling Sookie that there are all sorts of other creatures that she doesn't know about? He also got very offended at Sookie suggesting that he was maybe a werewolf of something like that.

Edited by Skippy

Lafayette's attack...

They made it seem like he's dead as well as attacked by Bill. But I'm pretty sure it's the politician dude behind it. I hope he's not dead since he's one of the few characters and actors on the show that really add depth. Maybe he was attacked and kidnapped by the politician since the guy probably loves him.

I think they are trying to trick us with the idea that Bill just fed and now Lafayette was attacked and likely the body in the car. I know that Bill said that he just fed but I really don't think it was him that did in Lafayette. It looked to me like Lafayette was attacked from down low. That still keeps me thinking that it was Mary Ann being a werewolf. However, there is Jessica, (that is the Red head that Bill turned right?), to consider as she just wants to eat someone in the worst way.

Question: Does Bill feeding really mean that he has to have killed someone? I don't think so as he fed on Sookie once didn't he? There is also the angle that Bill might have fed on the Senator based on his outspoken anti vampire comments. It seems to me that they try to keep Bill as a good vampire so I don't see him just offing someone without a good motive or at least feeling like it is a person that deserves to be fed on.

And do we need to keep speaking in spoiler at this point?

• 2 weeks later...
And do we need to keep speaking in spoiler at this point?

I don't think so. And I'm not going to, but just in case, SPOILER ALERT:

On Tara's caretaker (Mary Ann):

My first inclination was that she is a demon. Remember, Tara had the exorcism but then was led to believe that it was fake. But what if it was real and the demon has taken steps to convince Tara that it was fake. The demon could be a "shape shifter" (like Sam) and maybe pretended to be the exocist in the drug store. Isn't there a quote in demon/devil folklore that the devils greatest attribute is the fact that people don't believe that the devil exists (see the movie Usual Suspects-Kobayasi)......?

She is definitely not human as I also recall the scene in the yard where she was shaking. Plus the fact that she just appeared naked on the road when Tara was driving is very unusual. I think she will be a major character in Season 2. Her being a werewolf could be a real good call.

On Layfayette:

The writers want us to think Layfayette is dead, but its really wide-open and I expect his attack was not random. It could have something to do with the fact that he was dealing V, or that he had a relationship with the vampire that Jason's girl killed. Remember that the vampire sherrif said that Vampires know when a human has done a Vampire wrong, and they always get their revenge.

On Bill's "feeding":

So maybe he fed off of Layfayete, but regardless, I think he feed off of a human and I think it is forshadowing that Tru Blood drink is really not sufficient for vampires to survive on in the long-term. When Jason and his girl had the vampire in their basement, she noted that his blood was cloting and I think that was attributed to the fact that he was drinking that Tru Blood that Jason was sneaking to him.

Skippy - we know that Bill has fed off of humans, but to your point, his murders were based on motivations for revenge against bad people (i.e. Sookie's great uncle and the couple that drained his blood and attached Sookie).

Other thoughts:

- The redhead vamp is trouble and I can definitely see her feeding off of locals in Bawnton. I could even see her being stupid enough to go after Sookie at some point out of jealousy or anger towards Bill.

- I love the name "Sookie".

Excited for season 2 in Summer 2009.