Sign in to follow this  
cre8tiff

Cajun Vampires and Were-spaniels

I got all excited when I saw a new True Blood in the DVR today. I pop it on only to see it is a 15 minute rundown of the last season.

Man, talk about prematurely gluing your underwear to your junk. :wacko:

I got all excited when I saw a new True Blood in the DVR today. I pop it on only to see it is a 15 minute rundown of the last season.

Man, talk about prematurely gluing your underwear to your junk. :wacko:

:tup:

Saw a promo for the new season today featuring a werewolf. They are going for the "looks like a real wolf, but with evil glowing eyes" path. :wacko: Too bad.

Yeah, I was a little disappointed as well. Probably didn't have enough jack in the budget to go bad-ass werewolf.

I would assume they took that route because that's how they are in the books

Since when has that ever stopped a production company? ;-)

Ah makes sense. I only made it through the first 2 books.

Tonight 9:00 PM CST - cant wait.

Got to admit I was a little disappointed. It seemed like too scattered to me.

What the hell was the deal with the Sam's dream.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I thought it was OK, though

I wanted to see more of a fight between Bill and the wolves. The dream was because he had drunk Bill's blood. Like what Sookie was dreaming about Eric. I liked watching the post mortem afterward and the discussion about the werewolf design. Of course they didn't mention using wolves as actors was MUCH cheaper!

Edited by cre8tiff

I had to work Sunday so I just got the chance to see this on demand last night. I thought it was a solid first episode. True Blood has a great knack for slipping in very funny one liners among all the drama and violence. My favorite was

When the Kidnappers had bill in the car and they were all drinking his blood. They all started freaking out and enjoying the effects of the V. The one guy in the back has his shirt off and he is trippin out feeling his own nipples. The guy in the front cant reach bill and get any V. So another guy suggests that one of them suck blood out of bill and spit it in the guy in the fronts mouth. So the one guy says "That would be gay" and the other guy said" Oh yeah but pinching your nipples in a car full of dudes isnt ? "

:wacko:

Since when has that ever stopped a production company? ;-)

very true, but when you combine the book plus less expense on actors/makeup it was pretty much a no brainer

My wife was as well, I wasn't basically it's an episode to set up the storylines for the whole season. I seem to remember episode 1 last year being a little slow and/or "scattered" as well

Episode 2 was decent. Nothing spectacular. I see the were's are going to be a big storyline. From a marketing aspect I assume its a good move and the stories are usually so good that you dont really notice but does anyone get the impression that TB is starting to load up each episode and make alot of the new charecters these buff dudes for the ladies ? I am on the True Blood page on facebook and its basically not enjoyable anymore because they rarely talk about the show and just talk about who is hotter Eric or Bill etc. It seems HBO has their ear to the ground as far as that goes.

It was great to see Godric again

. Ive said it before . Eric brings the action. Whenever he is in a scene its pretty intense and edgy. So far the show is off to a decent start. Entertaining but not blowing me away.

I thought it was cool how Bill kicked ass on all the werewolfs in the beginning

Episode 2 was decent. Nothing spectacular. I see the were's are going to be a big storyline. From a marketing aspect I assume its a good move and the stories are usually so good that you dont really notice but does anyone get the impression that TB is starting to load up each episode and make alot of the new charecters these buff dudes for the ladies ? I am on the True Blood page on facebook and its basically not enjoyable anymore because they rarely talk about the show and just talk about who is hotter Eric or Bill etc. It seems HBO has their ear to the ground as far as that goes.

It was great to see Godric again

. Ive said it before . Eric brings the action. Whenever he is in a scene its pretty intense and edgy. So far the show is off to a decent start. Entertaining but not blowing me away.

I thought it was cool how Bill kicked ass on all the werewolfs in the beginning

I agree with all of that.

It was surprising that Bill just wiped the floor with those werewolves. I would think he would have been at a disadvantage. They clearly showed the wolves were as fast or faster than him (they ran him down), but I guess the vampires, even though in human form, outgun the wolves. Or was that just to demonstrate that Bill is just that much of a badass, despite constantly being cowed by Eric and the Queen. I think they could just throwaway Tara, but the Lafayette story line looks to be arching toward some sort of trist with the Jesus guy.

And yes, it does seem to be moving more toward showing the male bod as much as the female.

I am liking this season. A lot of twists and some good new characters. Bill is having a very violent and intense season so far. The weres have been interesting but havent really blown me away as far as what they have added to the show. I friggin love the flashbacks

Last weeks episode when Eric flashed back to when the vamp king killed his family was an awesome set up to him seeking revenge.

A few storylines that are sort of weak. Sam and his family. I love sam. One of my favorites on the show. Unless this unfolds into something good it is a lull in the show

Jasons character has taken on a pretty corny role now. I still like him but the whole Andy jason buddy storyline and him being a cop thing is a little corny.

What is with jasons new girl from the last episode ? Is she in the books ? Is she supernatural ?

All in all a very enjoyable show that I really look forward to every week

I think Arlenes baby isnt Terrys and is going to be some sort of supernatural thing

Just a guess. Are you guys liking this season ? Beats the hell out of that maenad fiasco of season 2

Edited by whomper

What is with jasons new girl from the last episode ? Is she in the books ? Is she supernatural ?

She is in the books.

She is supernatural.

I friggin love the flashbacks

Last weeks episode when Eric flashed back to when the vamp king killed his family was an awesome set up to him seeking revenge.

A few storylines that are sort of weak. Sam and his family. I love sam. One of my favorites on the show. Unless this unfolds into something good it is a lull in the show

Jasons character has taken on a pretty corny role now. I still like him but the whole Andy jason buddy storyline and him being a cop thing is a little corny.

All in all a very enjoyable show that I really look forward to every week

I think Arlenes baby isnt Terrys and is going to be some sort of supernatural thing

Just a guess. Are you guys liking this season ? Beats the hell out of that maenad fiasco of season 2

I am right that with you Whomp. I am sick of Sam's family and hope someone kills them all very quickly.

I think that there is going to be something weird with Tommy other that the shape shifter thing but I am sick of seeing them.

No way that baby is Terry's. It is that guy that was a killer but I can't remember his name. I am certain of that. Jason's new chick is going to be something for sure. A witch or something I am sure of that.

I

Really Skip ? You think the baby is renes ? Is the timeline possible with that ? You never know the timeline in relation to the show. Renee had to be dead way longer than arlene being a few months pregnant by him, no? anyone else

Edited by whomper

Really Skip ? You think the baby is renes ? Is the timeline possible with that ? You never know the timeline in relation to the show. Renee had to be dead way longer than arlene being a few months pregnant by him, no? anyone else

Do you rememer how flipped out she was over how far along she was? It seems to me that they made that part pretty clear in that she thought it just did not add up for Terry. They she even acted really weird when she told Terry that they were going to have a baby. I just put it together from the way she reacted to the doctor saying how far along she was.

That was a great episode. It is setting things up really nicely.

This season is better than the last one by a mile! I can't wait to see how this all plays out.

The actor who plays the vampire king of Mississippi is great! That king is a diabolical bastard.

I thought it was funny to Sophie Anne scratching off lottery tickets.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Do you rememer how flipped out she was over how far along she was? It seems to me that they made that part pretty clear in that she thought it just did not add up for Terry. They she even acted really weird when she told Terry that they were going to have a baby. I just put it together from the way she reacted to the doctor saying how far along she was.

That was a great episode. It is setting things up really nicely.

You may be right skip. I was just chalking up the fact that the baby was bigger because it was supernatural. Just a complete speculation on my part. I feel bad for Terry because I do agree there is no way that baby is his. Remember , when they were all under maryannes spell they used to have those orgies and who knows who was bangin who. Heck, terry might be in the delivery room and arlene may deliver a black baby for all she knows lol. Then terry will wipe ot the room

I agree that this season has been a great bounce back season. Last years Dallas/Godric stuff was awesome but the Maenad stuff was a drag.

I loved how next week was set up, surely ALL of that can't be in one show? Hell they had two or three shows worth just in that one teaser!

"I'll trade you the red one for the yellow one." :wacko:

Remember , when they were all under maryannes spell they used to have those orgies and who knows who was bangin who. Heck, terry might be in the delivery room and arlene may deliver a black baby for all she knows lol. Then terry will wipe ot the room

I agree that this season has been a great bounce back season. Last years Dallas/Godric stuff was awesome but the Maenad stuff was a drag.

I wasn't thinking on that track, Whomp. That may indeed be the case as that makes perfect sense and maybe even why she acted that way.

Skip, looks like you may have nailed the guess of Arlenes babies dad. This season has been really great. Very gory though , but great. The King is a phenominal character. Alcide is great . Franklin is awesome. I am enjoying it a lot. Ive said it before but I am bummed in the direction that Jasons character has gone and Sam has always been one of my favorites and that storyline isnt doing much for me but in general this show is the best on TV right now IMO

Interesting that Ball made the weres so inferior to the vamps. They seem gto never, ever win a fight and even when they fight each other they just seem like bikers slugging it out after a case of bud cans.

Man Eric went to some lengths last night to start his revenge didnt he

? :wacko: So far I am not a hugh fan of Crystal. I read that the waitress arlene was interviewing is a supe. I think there is 3 or 4 episodes left. Lets hope they keep it up.

edit to add: I am not usually a big fan of the moritoriums at the end but the Bill and Lorena one was friggin hyesterical

Edited by whomper