[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cajun Vampires and Were-spaniels

cre8tiff

I'm sure vamps are more vengeful than our legal system and legally, Jason would be fooked!

Maybe this is how Eric can get Sookie's full loyalty?

I hope it is not that easy as that just seems to obvious. I mean that is right were I am thinking but I am hoping there is a twist or two just to keep us off track.

And for sure I can't see Eric and crew letting Jason off easy. I mean no matter how nice he was to the vamp, he still kidnapped him.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the title needs to be changed to spoilers inside because I'm getting tired of highlighting all the black lines of text. :wacko:

:D

May be the most use of spoilers in a thread of all time.

Wow! No talk of this weeks episode. :wacko:

Well, I will start it off.

What the hell was that thing that attacked Sookie? Speaking of Sookie, when she is mouthing off at Eric and Bill seems powerless to do anything, don't you sort of wish Eric would teach her a little lesson? I mean it sure does seem to me that Eric and crew are not trying to be the most respectful group so why put up with Sookie making demands? They are really trying to build the Jason and the Preacher wife thing way up. I don't know how much longer Jason can hold back. I am confused with the Mary Ann stuff also. If she can get everyone at a pool side into some sort of trance that leads to an orgy, (a beautiful thing by the way.) Why the hell was Tara not captivated by the "spell"?

Wow! No talk of this weeks episode. :wacko:

Well, I will start it off.

What the hell was that thing that attacked Sookie? Speaking of Sookie, when she is mouthing off at Eric and Bill seems powerless to do anything, don't you sort of wish Eric would teach her a little lesson? I mean it sure does seem to me that Eric and crew are not trying to be the most respectful group so why put up with Sookie making demands? They are really trying to build the Jason and the Preacher wife thing way up. I don't know how much longer Jason can hold back. I am confused with the Mary Ann stuff also. If she can get everyone at a pool side into some sort of trance that leads to an orgy, (a beautiful thing by the way.) Why the hell was Tara not captivated by the "spell"?

Maybe the aphrodisiac effect was from that gazpacho or whatever soup thing they were serving.

Maybe the aphrodisiac effect was from that gazpacho or whatever soup thing they were serving.

I assume that to be very true in this case but at the bar she seemed to put them all under that trance with just a touch of the hands.

Wife and I just watched it...

The end of the episode and Daffney...

Is Daffney really Maryanne? Or maybe the scratches means that Maryann somehow possesses Daffney? The smile she had was a really good job by the actor to replicate Maryanne's smile.

On Eric and Sookie... I think it's pretty clear that Eric is a businessman and capitalist. He does what's best for him, period. So any tolerance he has towards Sookie is just him expecting a greater future return... like using her skills in Dallas.

What the hell was that thing that attacked Sookie?

the following spoiler is from the book. I warned you, from the book...

In the book, Sookie is attacked by Maryanne. And the doctor isn't human, who heals Sookie's wounds by licking the poison out of her wounds LOL. As mentioned, the show is deviating from the book, so it might not have been Maryanne or if it is, might be for a different reason than the book.

I was wondering the entire time about Daffney but I never thought that it was

Maryanne. In fact I still don't think that it is and I am going to see if I have any of the episodes in my DVR just so that I can see if her and Maryanne are ever seen at the same time. In fact when I think about it, didn't Daffney take food to Maryanne the day that she sat in the bar ordering everything on the menu? She was out wondering around trying to deliver food but could not find the right table and Maryanne said to her something like that must be for me. (Anyone else remember it that way?)

As for what the hell attacted Sookie - I was thinking that maybe the horns on that creature had something to do with the goofy statue that Sam picked up at Maryanne's house. It looked like arms raised and then I saw Maryanne do that at the bar but then the way they showed those horns sort of made me wonder.

I just watched it on demand last night

IMO the thing that attacked Sookie was Maryanne. I think the scratches on Daphnes back proved it. I think the scratches on daphnes back were shown so we can link her to Maryanne. It is almost like her bite mark. I think she is acting on behalf of Maryanne and under her power.

The scenes with Eric and his crew bring high drama. I love when he interacts with Bill. I honestly could do without the Jason/Preacher storyline. I am holding out that it has a good tie in down the road but right now when it cuts to them it reminds me of when the Sopranos used to cut to Tony and Dr. Melfi sessions which took the air out of the episodes IMO.

The red head looked super hot at Merlotts.

Maryanne looks ultra powerful and I really am curious as to how any of them can defeat her. she seems like she is toying with them and at any point can just take over and I dont see what can be done about it.

When her guests at the party and last week at the bar get those black eyes and look possesed I wonder if that is temporary or if she is turning those people in to some sort of creatures

Glad to see Lafayette is free and I am interested to see where that storyline goes. In next weeks coming attractions you see Eric pays him a visit at his house.

There's still no proof that Mary ann is the Maenad from the book. Could be a whole different character that they're developing.

Her ability to influence those around her to overindulge in food, alcohol, sex, etc. proves to me that she is the maenad. It's consistant with what maenads are in mythology. Aside from that there was an article in TVGuide prior to the start of season 2 that descibed her as one.

Her ability to influence those around her to overindulge in food, alcohol, sex, etc. proves to me that she is the maenad. It's consistant with what maenads are in mythology. Aside from that there was an article in TVGuide prior to the start of season 2 that descibed her as one.

Good point.

There's still no proof that Mary ann is the Maenad from the book. Could be a whole different character that they're developing.

I always thought she was a nice looking woman until I realized last night that she may turn into a diesel creature with claws and horns while you were nailing her

The end of the episode and Daffney...

Is Daffney really Maryanne? Or maybe the scratches means that Maryann somehow possesses Daffney? The smile she had was a really good job by the actor to replicate Maryanne's smile.

IMO the thing that attacked Sookie was Maryanne. I think the scratches on Daphnes back proved it. I think the scratches on daphnes back were shown so we can link her to Maryanne. It is almost like her bite mark. I think she is acting on behalf of Maryanne and under her power.

The thing I didn't get was if the scratches on Sookie's back would have killed her had she not been saved by that old lady then why did they not kill Daphne? I don't think Daphne is Maryanne but I am curious how she survived the attack. And what's up with the damn pig? Didn't read the books FWIW

I will add that I may start losing interest if the preachers wife isn't nekkid by the end of the next episode :wacko:

The thing I didn't get was if the scratches on Sookie's back would have killed her had she not been saved by that old lady then why did they not kill Daphne? I don't think Daphne is Maryanne but I am curious how she survived the attack. And what's up with the damn pig? Didn't read the books FWIW

I will add that I may start losing interest if the preachers wife isn't nekkid by the end of the next episode :D

I think the term "die" was meant in the way vampires "die", then are reborn. I think she alluded to the creature's venom causing complete paralysis, then the person is "eaten alive". That could also mean something like thier soul, or some other such nicety, creating a zombie? :wacko:

I think the term "die" was meant in the way vampires "die", then are reborn. I think she alluded to the creature's venom causing complete paralysis, then the person is "eaten alive". That could also mean something like thier soul, or some other such nicety, creating a zombie? :wacko:

I was thinking the same thing as SF409er's but started thinking the same way as you, Cre8. I don't know. At first I think there is an obvious link to Maryanne and Dafney but then I think back to the day Maryanne was ordering all that food and I am pretty sure Daf had no clue who Maryanne was at that point.

I think you may be on to something here. After doing some digging while killing way too much time today :wacko: I think Maryanne could be similar to the Greek Goddess Circe.In Homer's Odyssey she turned Odysseus' crew into pigs by giving them food laced with a magical potion. When Odysseus went to rescue his men Hermes told him to use some "magic herb" to protect him from the potion. I think this is maybe why Tara is not being affected because she is always smoking some "magic herb". Also according to the mythology Circe is the sister of Pasiphae who is the mother of the Minotaur which could be similar to what attacked Sookie :D

I don't buy that Maryanne and Daphane are one in the same. But I think it's pretty obvious that Daphane is the bull-demon thing that attacked Sookee. At first I thought the "thing" was a minotaur, but the development of that story line sure doesn't fit the traditional mythology of the minotaur.

Then I though maybe Daphane was a "were-bull" or something like that; a flaky theory, because "were" creatures can't control when they change and it seemed like Sookee was attacked at or around the same time Daphane was gettin' nekked in the lake.

I dunno, there are plenty of bull-demons in mythology. There are also a couple gods that have taken animal-like shapes. For example, Demeter was sometimes depicted as bull-headed deity with female breasts, wings, crouched-up legs and fan tail, which may have been bisexual. But I don't think Daphane is a "god." I'd bet she's either a human who has been cursed (a curse passed along like rabies from others who are infected), or a demon.

. There are also a couple gods that have taken animal-like shapes. For example, Demeter was sometimes depicted as bull-headed deity with female breasts, wings, crouched-up legs and fan tail

:divingboard:

I think you may be on to something here. After doing some digging while killing way too much time today :wacko: I think Maryanne could be similar to the Greek Goddess Circe.In Homer's Odyssey she turned Odysseus' crew into pigs by giving them food laced with a magical potion. When Odysseus went to rescue his men Hermes told him to use some "magic herb" to protect him from the potion. I think this is maybe why Tara is not being affected because she is always smoking some "magic herb". Also according to the mythology Circe is the sister of Pasiphae who is the mother of the Minotaur which could be similar to what attacked Sookie :D

Thats some solid research and possibilities right there.

Then I though maybe Daphane was a "were-bull" or something like that; a flaky theory, because "were" creatures can't control when they change and it seemed like Sookee was attacked at or around the same time Daphane was gettin' nekked in the lake.

Sam can control when he wants to change, except that he MUST change during a full moon.

Sookie was attacked long before Daphne was at the lake, the creature shouldn't be daphne tho, it should be Maryanne. It's not the same storyline as the books, but I'm pretty sure Maryann attacked Sookie because she invited Tara to move in with her. Maryann didn't seem to take that news very well.

(sorry people, I don't know how to type in the spoiler blocks)(and find them annoying anyway)

For sure Daphney and Maryanne are not one in the same. I rewatched the episode when Maryanne came to the bar and they showed the two of them together at least twice in the episode in the bar.

Now Daphney may very well be under Maryanne's control but they are not one in the same.

I like the thought that maybe the black guy that is working on Tara could be that bull headed creature and the reason for going after her is to keep Tara from moving in with her.

I still can't get past the old lady that fixed up Sookie saying that she would die if she did not fix her up. Even Bills blood did nothing for her. Someone up there said dead meaning moved on to a new creature or something but that old lady didn't say anything like that.

As for the week off LordOpie, do you mean they are taking this week off? If so I would guess that is because of the holiday but I am with you. That will suck.

Agreed since the Doctor specializes in Supes, she'd certainly make the disctinction.

In the book, that Doctor did say the same thing and did heal her. Why do you have an issue with that? It's possible that there are all kinds of poisons that either ignores or has an opposite effect from vamp blood, yeah?

If someone can watch it again... are Sookie's and Daph's scratches identical? Maybe this type of wound cannot be healed, but only transferred somehow? I'm just throwing darts in the dark, so...

No, Sookee's wounds healed completely with the 1-2 punch of the doc's treatment and Bill's blood. I think its pretty clear that Daphne was "turned" by whatever scratched her. Because the scratches were otherwise the same.