[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cajun Vampires and Were-spaniels

cre8tiff

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, Sookee's wounds healed completely with the 1-2 punch of the doc's treatment and Bill's blood. I think its pretty clear that Daphne was "turned" by whatever scratched her. Because the scratches were otherwise the same.

That will be the interesting part, why Daphne did not die from the scratches. I was under the impression that according to the doc Sookie would have died had she not been treated by first what I guess was some attempt to "neutralize" the poison so the vamp blood could then begin to work to heal her. It's clear IMO that the scratches on Daphne's back are the same yet she is still alive. I thought the doc has alluded to the poison as being like that of a komodo dragon, which leads me to think it's not a controlled injection of venom like a snake but more of a bacteria thing. Makes you wonder if Daphne was "turned" how it happened if assuming the creature can't control it's delivery of poison. If it can then it makes sense that it only infected Daphne with enough to "turn" her but not kill her.

Going with my theory on the Circe angle, I am thinking that the people at the party are going to turn into pigs or something to be a part of some ritual or something. If you notice they go out of their way to show Tara smoking a joint with Maryanne the day of the party so I am guessing she doesn't want Tara to turn like the others, assuming it's the Josh Gordon keeping her from doing so. I think the theory the dude trying to hook up with Tara is there to mate with her for some purpose of Maryanne's is in the ball park, he also is always smoking and didn't seem to get as weird as everyone else at the party. Definitely don't think Maryanne is the creature and I don't think Daphne is either. I was thinking the pig is the guy that helps Maryanne around the house and / or he could be the creature as well.

Agreed since the Doctor specializes in Supes, she'd certainly make the disctinction.

In the book, that Doctor did say the same thing and did heal her. Why do you have an issue with that?It is not that I have a problem with that. I just have a problem with thinking that if that doctor didn't save Sookie and she died that someone else somehow is alive from the same attack. :wacko: It's possible that there are all kinds of poisons that either ignores or has an opposite effect from vamp blood, yeah? Yes I agree with this.

If someone can watch it again... are Sookie's and Daph's scratches identical? Maybe this type of wound cannot be healed, but only transferred somehow? I'm just throwing darts in the dark, so...The scratches do not look identical but similiar to me. Sookies were on both sides of the back and deep and long. Daph's were much shorter and not really up and down. That could be because the attack was not the same but both did look like they had three claws if I am remembering correctly. If I have time tonight I will rewind and double check but I am pretty sure that I am putting it the right way up there.

Edited by Skippy

• 2 weeks later...

I caught this past weeks episode on demand last night. Decent but not one of the best from this season IMO. It did set up some stuff down the line but this episode was a little light IMO

Lafayettes dance after drinking Erics blood was pure hilarity

Seeing Maryannes claws come out IMO proved she was the creature that attacked Sookie

The Maryanne storyline is great but starting to drag a bit. How many weeks are we going to see her get everyone riled up at one of her parties ? I think its time to progress with that storyline

I wasnt crazy about Eric last year but was wrong . When he is in the scene the scene is usually exciting

I caught this past weeks episode on demand last night. Decent but not one of the best from this season IMO. It did set up some stuff down the line but this episode was a little light IMO

Lafayettes dance after drinking Erics blood was pure hilarity

Seeing Maryannes claws come out IMO proved she was the creature that attacked Sookie

The Maryanne storyline is great but starting to drag a bit. How many weeks are we going to see her get everyone riled up at one of her parties ? I think its time to progress with that storyline

I wasnt crazy about Eric last year but was wrong . When he is in the scene the scene is usually exciting

I know that in the books Eric begins to play a more prominent role.

I bet the original storyline for season one had him dying at the end of the season in Det. Belfleure's car, but the actor so sold himself that they had to keep him.

Great actor. I gotta see whatelse he's done.

That would have followed the book, so you are probably right. BTW, thanks for suggesting the books, I've read them all, and can't wait for the next one.

Maybe the marks on Daphne's back don't have anything to do with the creature that clawed Sookie. Maybe the marks on Daphne's back are the results of an attack by a were or a shape shifter.

Wow, nice twist, if they make Daphne a werewolf. Yikers.

Is everyone convinced that Maryann is the Bull Headed sharp clawed thing that attacked Sookie? I know at the end of this weeks episode that they showed her changing into something with the claws that could have done that to Sookie as well as Daphne but they stopped very short of showing her head changing.

Did they do that to mislead us? Did they do that so that someone like me thinks that maybe she is not that creature even though she would have had motive over the Tara move to Sookies house thing?

I don't know what the deal is with Daphne and I really don't think that she is connected to Maryann based on the scene at bar but I just know there is going to be a very special twist with her.

No bumpage for this week?

Did we all find this week sort of slow and kinda boring? The Sookie with the other telepath thing was a waste of time but then again who knows if that will play into future episodes? I am pretty tired of dragging out the Jason thing with the preachers wife. Even the Tara thing seems to be dragging along to slow. I need some action for crying out loud.

Why the hell doesn't Sam ask Daphne about the scratchs on her back? I think things are going to heat up a little with Bills maker showing up. I can see big problems with Sookie coming but for my tastes they need to speed it up a bit. This is two weeks in a row that I pretty feel let down.

No bumpage for this week?

Did we all find this week sort of slow and kinda boring? The Sookie with the other telepath thing was a waste of time but then again who knows if that will play into future episodes? I am pretty tired of dragging out the Jason thing with the preachers wife. Even the Tara thing seems to be dragging along to slow. I need some action for crying out loud.

Why the hell doesn't Sam ask Daphne about the scratchs on her back? I think things are going to heat up a little with Bills maker showing up. I can see big problems with Sookie coming but for my tastes they need to speed it up a bit. This is two weeks in a row that I pretty feel let down.

I agree moving a bit slow for my taste, other than Entourage and an occasional episode of The Office I don't watch all that much TV so when I do I need some action. I think they just have to many story lines going at the moment and it allows for only several minutes of coverage each making the episodes feel incomplete. I am not that interested in the young red head vamp's relationship, the Daphne and Maryann explanations are taking too long, the Tara relationship is getting pretty boring and the preachers wife thing has also taken way too long to setup. They need to move this thing along already :wacko:

Edited by SF409ers

werd

it is reminding me of season 2 of Lost or whatever it was when it completely slowed down and they dragged everything out and nothing would happen for entire episodes

Maryann, the brotha - scratches on Daphne's back - Jason and the religious wackos - the Dallas crew, the redhead, all of it move it along already dayum

It is getting a little too spread out. I wish they would have kept Jason's character more true to the book, as it is now he is a distraction. I also don't care for adolescent vampire. It's not terrible, but it has slowed down or gotten too spread out for my taste.

well, I did really like the flashback to when Eric was turned.

but yeah, way too slow.

Best scene of the whole episode. I loved it. I agree on all the other counts though. To much set up and too little delivery.

Best scene of the whole episode. I loved it. I agree on all the other counts though. To much set up and too little delivery.

I agree that part was pretty good. I hope that all this set up is going to lead to some big things.

I am not sure how big the fellowship organization is but I have a feeling that Sookies cover will be blown by Jason at some point since he is "rising" in the ranks over there

Maryanne storyline is being dragged out way too long as others have said. Deliver already

As I say every week. The Eric scenes are the best of the show. He brings tha action and drama. The whole Eric/ Pam / Lafayette scenario is exciting too. This show is awesome but they need to stop over developing these story lines and start delivering.

Random observation- Jason Looks like a young George Bush

That may be the best use of a simile I've seen in the tailgate.

It didnt really hit home with me since my wife only expects 38 seconds