Sign in to follow this  
cre8tiff

Cajun Vampires and Were-spaniels

There's still no proof that Mary ann is the Maenad from the book. Could be a whole different character that they're developing.

I think you may be on to something here. After doing some digging while killing way too much time today :wacko: I think Maryanne could be similar to the Greek Goddess Circe.In Homer's Odyssey she turned Odysseus' crew into pigs by giving them food laced with a magical potion. When Odysseus went to rescue his men Hermes told him to use some "magic herb" to protect him from the potion. I think this is maybe why Tara is not being affected because she is always smoking some "magic herb". Also according to the mythology Circe is the sister of Pasiphae who is the mother of the Minotaur which could be similar to what attacked Sookie :D

I don't buy that Maryanne and Daphane are one in the same. But I think it's pretty obvious that Daphane is the bull-demon thing that attacked Sookee. At first I thought the "thing" was a minotaur, but the development of that story line sure doesn't fit the traditional mythology of the minotaur.

Then I though maybe Daphane was a "were-bull" or something like that; a flaky theory, because "were" creatures can't control when they change and it seemed like Sookee was attacked at or around the same time Daphane was gettin' nekked in the lake.

I dunno, there are plenty of bull-demons in mythology. There are also a couple gods that have taken animal-like shapes. For example, Demeter was sometimes depicted as bull-headed deity with female breasts, wings, crouched-up legs and fan tail, which may have been bisexual. But I don't think Daphane is a "god." I'd bet she's either a human who has been cursed (a curse passed along like rabies from others who are infected), or a demon.

. There are also a couple gods that have taken animal-like shapes. For example, Demeter was sometimes depicted as bull-headed deity with female breasts, wings, crouched-up legs and fan tail

:divingboard:

I think you may be on to something here. After doing some digging while killing way too much time today :wacko: I think Maryanne could be similar to the Greek Goddess Circe.In Homer's Odyssey she turned Odysseus' crew into pigs by giving them food laced with a magical potion. When Odysseus went to rescue his men Hermes told him to use some "magic herb" to protect him from the potion. I think this is maybe why Tara is not being affected because she is always smoking some "magic herb". Also according to the mythology Circe is the sister of Pasiphae who is the mother of the Minotaur which could be similar to what attacked Sookie :D

Thats some solid research and possibilities right there.

I think the black dude is the bull creature. And MaryAnne wants some progeny of his. Either that or that bull-thing is the pig.

Then I though maybe Daphane was a "were-bull" or something like that; a flaky theory, because "were" creatures can't control when they change and it seemed like Sookee was attacked at or around the same time Daphane was gettin' nekked in the lake.

Sam can control when he wants to change, except that he MUST change during a full moon.

Sookie was attacked long before Daphne was at the lake, the creature shouldn't be daphne tho, it should be Maryanne. It's not the same storyline as the books, but I'm pretty sure Maryann attacked Sookie because she invited Tara to move in with her. Maryann didn't seem to take that news very well.

(sorry people, I don't know how to type in the spoiler blocks)(and find them annoying anyway)

Thats some solid research and possibilities right there.

+1

Still annoyed that they're "taking a week off". What's that about?

For sure Daphney and Maryanne are not one in the same. I rewatched the episode when Maryanne came to the bar and they showed the two of them together at least twice in the episode in the bar.

Now Daphney may very well be under Maryanne's control but they are not one in the same.

I like the thought that maybe the black guy that is working on Tara could be that bull headed creature and the reason for going after her is to keep Tara from moving in with her.

I still can't get past the old lady that fixed up Sookie saying that she would die if she did not fix her up. Even Bills blood did nothing for her. Someone up there said dead meaning moved on to a new creature or something but that old lady didn't say anything like that.

As for the week off LordOpie, do you mean they are taking this week off? If so I would guess that is because of the holiday but I am with you. That will suck.

I still can't get past the old lady that fixed up Sookie saying that she would die if she did not fix her up. Even Bills blood did nothing for her. Someone up there said dead meaning moved on to a new creature or something but that old lady didn't say anything like that.

Agreed since the Doctor specializes in Supes, she'd certainly make the disctinction.

In the book, that Doctor did say the same thing and did heal her. Why do you have an issue with that? It's possible that there are all kinds of poisons that either ignores or has an opposite effect from vamp blood, yeah?

If someone can watch it again... are Sookie's and Daph's scratches identical? Maybe this type of wound cannot be healed, but only transferred somehow? I'm just throwing darts in the dark, so...

Agreed since the Doctor specializes in Supes, she'd certainly make the disctinction.

In the book, that Doctor did say the same thing and did heal her. Why do you have an issue with that? It's possible that there are all kinds of poisons that either ignores or has an opposite effect from vamp blood, yeah?

If someone can watch it again... are Sookie's and Daph's scratches identical? Maybe this type of wound cannot be healed, but only transferred somehow? I'm just throwing darts in the dark, so...

No, Sookee's wounds healed completely with the 1-2 punch of the doc's treatment and Bill's blood. I think its pretty clear that Daphne was "turned" by whatever scratched her. Because the scratches were otherwise the same.

Sam can control when he wants to change, except that he MUST change during a full moon.

That's because Sam is a shape shifter, not a were-creature.

That's because Sam is a shape shifter, not a were-creature.

in lore, were-creatures are stronger than typical humans when in their human form, so I wonder just how strong/powerful Sam is? Remember in season one when he grabbed a stake and was ready to take on the three vamps? He didn't look the least bit scared or hesistant, maybe cuz he was pissed?

But he also told Maryanne that "these are my people." Sounds like he respects/fears Maryanne, but that he's pretty strong in his own right... stronger than weres.

No, Sookee's wounds healed completely with the 1-2 punch of the doc's treatment and Bill's blood. I think its pretty clear that Daphne was "turned" by whatever scratched her. Because the scratches were otherwise the same.

That will be the interesting part, why Daphne did not die from the scratches. I was under the impression that according to the doc Sookie would have died had she not been treated by first what I guess was some attempt to "neutralize" the poison so the vamp blood could then begin to work to heal her. It's clear IMO that the scratches on Daphne's back are the same yet she is still alive. I thought the doc has alluded to the poison as being like that of a komodo dragon, which leads me to think it's not a controlled injection of venom like a snake but more of a bacteria thing. Makes you wonder if Daphne was "turned" how it happened if assuming the creature can't control it's delivery of poison. If it can then it makes sense that it only infected Daphne with enough to "turn" her but not kill her.

Going with my theory on the Circe angle, I am thinking that the people at the party are going to turn into pigs or something to be a part of some ritual or something. If you notice they go out of their way to show Tara smoking a joint with Maryanne the day of the party so I am guessing she doesn't want Tara to turn like the others, assuming it's the Josh Gordon keeping her from doing so. I think the theory the dude trying to hook up with Tara is there to mate with her for some purpose of Maryanne's is in the ball park, he also is always smoking and didn't seem to get as weird as everyone else at the party. Definitely don't think Maryanne is the creature and I don't think Daphne is either. I was thinking the pig is the guy that helps Maryanne around the house and / or he could be the creature as well.

In the book, that Doctor did say the same thing and did heal her. Why do you have an issue with that?It is not that I have a problem with that. I just have a problem with thinking that if that doctor didn't save Sookie and she died that someone else somehow is alive from the same attack. :wacko: It's possible that there are all kinds of poisons that either ignores or has an opposite effect from vamp blood, yeah? Yes I agree with this.

If someone can watch it again... are Sookie's and Daph's scratches identical? Maybe this type of wound cannot be healed, but only transferred somehow? I'm just throwing darts in the dark, so...The scratches do not look identical but similiar to me. Sookies were on both sides of the back and deep and long. Daph's were much shorter and not really up and down. That could be because the attack was not the same but both did look like they had three claws if I am remembering correctly. If I have time tonight I will rewind and double check but I am pretty sure that I am putting it the right way up there.

Edited by Skippy

Maybe the marks on Daphne's back don't have anything to do with the creature that clawed Sookie. Maybe the marks on Daphne's back are the results of an attack by a were or a shape shifter.

I caught this past weeks episode on demand last night. Decent but not one of the best from this season IMO. It did set up some stuff down the line but this episode was a little light IMO

Lafayettes dance after drinking Erics blood was pure hilarity

Seeing Maryannes claws come out IMO proved she was the creature that attacked Sookie

The Maryanne storyline is great but starting to drag a bit. How many weeks are we going to see her get everyone riled up at one of her parties ? I think its time to progress with that storyline

I wasnt crazy about Eric last year but was wrong . When he is in the scene the scene is usually exciting

I caught this past weeks episode on demand last night. Decent but not one of the best from this season IMO. It did set up some stuff down the line but this episode was a little light IMO

Seeing Maryannes claws come out IMO proved she was the creature that attacked Sookie

The Maryanne storyline is great but starting to drag a bit. How many weeks are we going to see her get everyone riled up at one of her parties ? I think its time to progress with that storyline

I wasnt crazy about Eric last year but was wrong . When he is in the scene the scene is usually exciting

I know that in the books Eric begins to play a more prominent role.

agreed, more Lafayette and Eric, less Maryanne, less Jason and the (Argo)church. More Sookie, more vampires, more shapeshifters.

I know that in the books Eric begins to play a more prominent role.

see, I think this actor captures the Eric from the books better than any other tv-book character.

Eric quickly became my favorite character in the books.

the Lafayette scene was absolutely hilarious and I had to watch it a few times - that dude is money

I bet the original storyline for season one had him dying at the end of the season in Det. Belfleure's car, but the actor so sold himself that they had to keep him.

Great actor. I gotta see whatelse he's done.

I bet the original storyline for season one had him dying at the end of the season in Det. Belfleure's car, but the actor so sold himself that they had to keep him.

Great actor. I gotta see whatelse he's done.

That would have followed the book, so you are probably right. BTW, thanks for suggesting the books, I've read them all, and can't wait for the next one.

Maybe the marks on Daphne's back don't have anything to do with the creature that clawed Sookie. Maybe the marks on Daphne's back are the results of an attack by a were or a shape shifter.

Wow, nice twist, if they make Daphne a werewolf. Yikers.