Sign in to follow this  
cre8tiff

Cajun Vampires and Were-spaniels

I did not see the upcoming previews. Did they show that right after the show?

I didn't really care so much for the end of the season show. Started slowing down to much, the queen is no fun at all, but killing Maryann was about time.

If they don't do that, what will they do? Witches? I like the were storyline more.

Tho I think I'd rather them go into the Vampire Politics stuff, marriage, the big meeting, etc.

It's probably too soon to do Sookie's family history, but I would like her continue developing her 'gift' more.

Anyone play D&D when they were a kid? I could see Sookie and Jason "rolling" their characters...

Sookie: So we're 1/8th mythical creatures. Ok. neat. Oooh, I want the mental powers, mind reading, and stuff!

Jason: coolio. I wanna do chicks.

ROFL :wacko:

season 1 rocked, season 2 slowed way down and the last half was pretty lame

last year was a kick-ass, edgy, violent show that was intense. This year everyone got soft and kinda ghey

I hope they rebound big-time next season

it reminds me of Lost in a way -an awesome year 1 followed by a weak season 2 that failed to deliver. Lost bounced back in a big way, let's hope TB does too

I'll agree with you guys that season 2 peaked when they rescued Godric at the church. Killing off Maryann dragged out a bit too much to the point it became anti-climatic in the finale. However, I still think these is the best show on TV; and some of the disappointment might have to do with expectations that didn't exist during Season 1.

Be interesting to see what Season 3 brings; they'll need to do something besides introducing a new villain and killing them off at the end.

I was VERY disappointed by the finale. I thought it was a good thing at first, but now I think they may be straying a little too far from the books.

I'm still on the fence with how they're portraying the queen and think I'll just reserve judgement until they actually develop the character. In general I agree they've made her a little too bratty(although if I had been around for 2000 years maybe I'd be bored and bratty too). They showed a flash in the scene where she put Eric in his place and threatened to wear his fangs as earrings, if they take her more in that direction, I think she'll end up a really good character on the show.

I was VERY disappointed by the finale. I thought it was a good thing at first, but now I think they may be straying a little too far from the books.

I agree, but I think I've come to terms with the fact that the books only provided a solid foundation.

Like the Queen, in the books, I really felt that she was a very reserved and calculating.

I agree, but I think I've come to terms with the fact that the books only provided a solid foundation.

I'm with you. I posted awhile ago that it was nice to not know exactly what was going to happen. Unfortunately, too often in TV or movies that are based on novels, they stray a little too far and really lose the essance of what they're trying to portray. I have yet to read one of the novels that I didn't have a hard time putting down until I was done with it, I'd like to be able to say the same about the show, but they really lost something this season. I'm hoping for a strong bounceback next season.

I'm with you. I posted awhile ago that it was nice to not know exactly what was going to happen. Unfortunately, too often in TV or movies that are based on novels, they stray a little too far and really lose the essance of what they're trying to portray. I have yet to read one of the novels that I didn't have a hard time putting down until I was done with it, I'd like to be able to say the same about the show, but they really lost something this season. I'm hoping for a strong bounceback next season.

interesting...

Series Writing credits

Alan Ball (24 episodes, 2008-2009)

Charlaine Harris (24 episodes, 2008-2009)

Alexander Woo (5 episodes, 2008-2009)

Brian Buckner (4 episodes, 2008-2009)

Raelle Tucker (4 episodes, 2008-2009)

Nancy Oliver (3 episodes, 2008-2009)

Chris Offutt (2 episodes, 2008)

The book author is heavily involved in the writing.

That makes it appear so, but actually she's not. It's knid of like when a music artist uses a riff or beat or line from another song, they must acknowledge credit for it. Since every show has something taken directly from the books they must acknowledge credit. I saw an an interview with her where she said that while she loves the show and is occaisionally consulted she doesn't "tell him how to do his show, he doesn't tell me how to write my books"

That makes it appear so, but actually she's not. It's knid of like when a music artist uses a riff or beat or line from another song, they must acknowledge credit for it. Since every show has something taken directly from the books they must acknowledge credit. I saw an an interview with her where she said that while she loves the show and is occaisionally consulted she doesn't "tell him how to do his show, he doesn't tell me how to write my books"

oh.

Someone posted somewhere, must have been this thead but I am too lazy to look it up, that they showed previews for next season. Is that true? Did they indeed show that Bill Compton was killed? Or are we just thinking that maybe he was killed based on the last minute of the show?

Someone posted somewhere, must have been this thead but I am too lazy to look it up, that they showed previews for next season. Is that true? Did they indeed show that Bill Compton was killed? Or are we just thinking that maybe he was killed based on the last minute of the show?

I didn't see any previews, and I even watched it into that yawnfest known as Hung.

I dont believe they started filming season 3 yet .

I didn't see any previews, and I even watched it into that yawnfest known as Hung.

Hung is currently or at least was a few weeks ago the #3 show on HBO right now behind Trueblood and Sopranos for total viewers/fan base in history. Trueblood has already exceeded The Sopranos

I like Hung, it's a different kind of writing but well put together.

Hung is currently or at least was a few weeks ago the #3 show on HBO right now behind Trueblood and Sopranos for total viewers/fan base in history. Trueblood has already exceeded The Sopranos

My wife says it's clearly written for women. :wacko:

they showed Bill being strangled with a silver garrotte, so if it was Eric, he'd need to be wearing gloves. This doesn't necessarily mean that Bill is dead, but if not, then he's been kidnapped. Suspects: his maker/ex, Eric, that church, or they're introducing a new character/group.

Sorry, flip flopped my data:

Sopranos – season 6

14.2 MM viewers

True Blood – season 2

11.4 MM viewers

Sex and the City – season 6

10.3MM viewers

Hung – season 1

9.5MM viewers

Entourage – season 6

8.1MM viewers

For those reading the books, the new book comes out next week.

True Blood Season 3 to start June 13th :wacko:

sweet... I'll re-subscribe to HBO then, maybe.

Is there anything else on HBO worth bothering for? Maybe they'll have a pricing deal that'll make it worth it?

sweet... I'll re-subscribe to HBO then, maybe.

Is there anything else on HBO worth bothering for? Maybe they'll have a pricing deal that'll make it worth it?

The Pacific. HBO has the top two series, IMHO.

Haven't seen anything else...

For those who don't mind a few spoilers... The titles, short plot synopsis and new characters being added in the upcoming season...looks like we get to finally see some werewolf action... :tup:

:wacko:

Saw a promo for the new season today featuring a werewolf. They are going for the "looks like a real wolf, but with evil glowing eyes" path. :wacko: Too bad.

Saw a promo for the new season today featuring a werewolf. They are going for the "looks like a real wolf, but with evil glowing eyes" path. :wacko: Too bad.

Yeah, I was a little disappointed as well. Probably didn't have enough jack in the budget to go bad-ass werewolf.