[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bobby Carpenter

Tford

Kid comes from solid bloodlines (son of an NFL RB) and good pedigree (Ohio State). Was a legitimate college player alongside AJ Hawk.

Why is it that he simply cannot factor into the Cowboys defense? I know that he was originally slated to play OLB before being moved inside earlier this year.

Current Cowboys LB corps:

OLBs

DeMarcus Ware

Greg Ellis

Kevin Burnett

Anthony Spencer (1st rd pick 07)

ILBs

Zach Thomas

Bradie James

Bobby Carpenter

Justin Rogers

The drafting of Spencer tells me that the Cowboys knew that Carpenter wasn't going to make an impact on the outside as early as the end of his rookie year. Fast forward to this year, Akinola Ayodele gets traded, leaving a gap in the middle. Zach Thomas gets signed by the Cowboys. I don't view this as a knock against Carpenter like some might. Thomas is a multiple-time Pro Bowler and I'd get him on my team as well given the state of the defense. Carpenter plays second string at both inside LB spots right now.

Given Thomas' age and Carpenter's contract, does Bobby get a more serious look next year?

Carpenter is someone that I keep thinking about putting in the IDP Dynasty Watch but I keep putting it off. I am sure I will be doing something on him before the end of the season....I can say this...his price should be extremely low and if you have a roster spot that you can stash and hold him it cant hurt

Given Thomas' age and Carpenter's contract, does Bobby get a more serious look next year?

Maybe.

his price should be extremely low and if you have a roster spot that you can stash and hold him it cant hurt

agree...

Edited by darin3

Miami didnt want Carpenter when they got Akin Ayodele, and they needed a middle linebacker. Carpenter is a huge bust, and even the man who drafted him Bill Parcells didnt want him. He is nothing more than a special teams player, who may get in for 3-5 snaps a game on defense if he is lucky.