[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 13 Polls

budlitebrad

AP Top 25

1. Alabama (63) 11-0 1,622

2. Florida (2) 10-1 1,512

3. Oklahoma 10-1 1,486

4. Texas 10-1 1,482

5. USC 9-1 1,352

6. Penn State 11-1 1,238

7. Texas Tech 10-1 1,212

8. Utah 12-0 1,206

9. Boise State 11-0 1,064

10. Ohio State 10-2 1,043

11. Oklahoma State 9-2 997

12. Missouri 9-2 917

13. Georgia 9-2 874

14. TCU 10-2 750

15. Ball State 11-0 731

16. Cincinnati 9-2 640

17. Oregon State 8-3 604

18. Georgia Tech 8-3 339

19. Oregon 8-3 320

20. Boston College 8-3 309

20. Brigham Young 10-2 309

22. Michigan State 9-3 274

23. Florida State 8-3 214

24. Northwestern 9-3 145

25. Ole Miss

OU jumps Texas, but the Gators stay ahead of both.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USA Today Poll

1. Alabama (56) 11-0 1,518

2. Oklahoma (4) 10-1 1,412

3. Florida (1) 10-1 1,401

4. Texas 10-1 1,370

5. USC 9-1 1,288

6. Penn State 11-1 1,157

7. Utah 12-0 1,153

8. Texas Tech 10-1 1,073

9. Boise State 11-0 1,033

10. Ohio State 10-2 994

11. Missouri 9-2 896

12. Oklahoma State 9-2 858

13. Georgia 9-2 842

14. TCU 10-2 695

15. Ball State 11-0 673

16. Cincinnati 9-2 572

17. Oregon State 8-3 544

18. Oregon 8-3 397

19. Brigham Young 10-2 321

20. Northwestern 9-3 310

21. Michigan State 9-3 296

22. Boston College 8-3 290

23. Georgia Tech 8-3 241

24. Florida State 8-3 204

25. West Virginia 7-3 83

OU makes it over both Florida and Texas.

That's hugh for OU if the season finishes as we'd all expect. Sucks for Texas unless TT lose to Baylor next week. :wacko: Of course OU could still get beat by OSU but I doubt that happens. And none of this bothers UF in the least because if they take care of business they will be in NC game.

And for what it's worth, neither of those polls surprise me in the least.

BCS Rankings

1. Alabama, 0.987;

2. Texas, 0.920;

3. Oklahoma, 0.912;

4. Florida, 0.875;

5. USC, 0.797;

6. Utah, 0.785;

7. Texas Tech, 0.778;

8. Penn St., 0.752;

9. Boise St., 0.658;

10. Ohio St., 0.620;

11. Georgia, 0.601;

12. Oklahoma St., 0.570;

13. Missouri, 0.558;

14. TCU, 0.470;

15. Ball St., 0.437;

16. Cincinnati, 0.397;

17. Oregon St., 0.313;

18. BYU, 0.262;

19. Michigan St., 0.211;

20. Florida St., 0.188;

21. Boston College, 0.186;

22. Georgia Tech, 0.181;

23. Oregon, 0.155;

24. Northwestern, 0.113;

25. Pittsburgh, 0.041

1. Alabama, 0.987;

2. Texas, 0.920;

3. Oklahoma, 0.912;

4. Florida, 0.875;

5. USC, 0.797;

6. Utah, 0.785;

7. Texas Tech, 0.778;

8. Penn St., 0.752;

Playoffs Round 1 (If the season ended that way in the BCS rankings)

#8 Penn State at #1Alabama

#7 Texas Tech at #2 Texas

#6 Utah at #3 Oklahoma

#5 USC at #4 Florida

Yeah, that wouldn't be any fun at all :wacko:............. The semi's are two major bowls, and then the National Championship Bowl game. Man, we as sports fans are getting ripped off, BIG TIME !!!!!!!!! :D

1. Alabama, 0.987;

2. Texas, 0.920;

3. Oklahoma, 0.912;

4. Florida, 0.875;

5. USC, 0.797;

6. Utah, 0.785;

7. Texas Tech, 0.778;

8. Penn St., 0.752;

Playoffs Round 1 (If the season ended that way in the BCS rankings)

#8 Penn State at #1Alabama

#7 Texas Tech at #2 Texas

#6 Utah at #3 Oklahoma

#5 USC at #4 Florida

Yeah, that wouldn't be any fun at all :wacko:............. The semi's are two major bowls, and then the National Championship Bowl game. Man, we as sports fans are getting ripped off, BIG TIME !!!!!!!!! :D

and that's just the semis!!

Hopefully Texas finishes ahead of OU...............where they belong and have earned the top spot in the Big 12.

H2H win has to mean something when both teams are tied. If not, why even play the game , let's all just vote :wacko:

I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but OU deserves to be in the NC game. Yeah, I'm a UT homer/fan and would love to see them in the game, but OU looks like one of the best two teams in the nation right now. UT doesn't.

Yes, OU lost the H2H game but - crazy as it sounds - it was a "long time ago" and it's kinda just "the way it is" that the hotter teams at the end of the season appear to "deserve" the spot.

Blah blah blah, playoff, blah... I would give my two cents and support for the system, but I doubt it's going to happen, especially now that the ESPN family bought the rights for many years to come.

That said, I'm rooting for OSU and Baylor next weekend. And we'll need to wax those inbreds from A&M real good this Thursday night.

Hopefully Texas finishes ahead of OU...............where they belong and have earned the top spot in the Big 12.

H2H win has to mean something when both teams are tied. If not, why even play the game , let's all just vote :wacko:

I completely agree with you...except Tech beat Texas. If your rule is good enough for Texas, shouldn't it be good enough for Tech?

By the way, I know you don't really believe this and you're just trying to get Sarge's goat.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but OU deserves to be in the NC game. Yeah, I'm a UT homer/fan and would love to see them in the game, but OU looks like one of the best two teams in the nation right now. UT doesn't.

Yes, OU lost the H2H game but - crazy as it sounds - it was a "long time ago" and it's kinda just "the way it is" that the hotter teams at the end of the season appear to "deserve" the spot.

Blah blah blah, playoff, blah... I would give my two cents and support for the system, but I doubt it's going to happen, especially now that the ESPN family bought the rights for many years to come.

That said, I'm rooting for OSU and Baylor next weekend. And we'll need to wax those inbreds from A&M real good this Thursday night.

When Texas beat OU, I walked away saying Texas was better. Even though OU had the lead most of the game and lost Reynolds, I still thought Texas was the better team. But OU looks really good right now. And like you, I want to see the hottest teams in the NC game.

I don't know how it will turn out. I'd love to see a UT/OU rematch. Won't happen but I think both are deserving if Florida beats Alabama.

I completely agree with you...except Tech beat Texas. If your rule is good enough for Texas, shouldn't it be good enough for Tech?

By the way, I know you don't really believe this and you're just trying to get Sarge's goat.

Dudes infatuation with me is silly, though I am flattered he cares so much to carry the grudge even though he makes himself look stupid with every post.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

When Texas beat OU, I walked away saying Texas was better. Even though OU had the lead most of the game and lost Reynolds, I still thought Texas was the better team. But OU looks really good right now. And like you, I want to see the hottest teams in the NC game.

I don't know how it will turn out. I'd love to see a UT/OU rematch. Won't happen but I think both are deserving if Florida beats Alabama.

How can you seriously want to exclude the Gators if you really believe the above bolded statement?

How can you seriously want to exclude the Gators if you really believe the above bolded statement?

If we're just voting the hottest teams, then Florida gets in. But I'd like to vote in the hot teams that haven't lost a game like Florida lost. There's no excuse to lose at home to an unranked team. Had this happened to OU, I'd be the first to admit it should bar them from contending.

It does in a two way tie, but if they all three win the rest of their games it comes to a three way tie with OU, TT, and UT.

:wacko:

How great would it be to see Mizzou win the B12 championship?

It wouldn't.

If we're just voting the hottest teams, then Florida gets in. But I'd like to vote in the hot teams that haven't lost a game like Florida lost.

They lost two months ago to what we thought was a bad football team so regardless of the fact that they are clearly one of the best in the country they don't get to play for the big prize. And there in lies the inherent problem with the system. Everyone has their own caveat to their personal judgement of teams. Other's opinions would suggest that because OU lost to Texas on a neutral field and as you suggested, Texas was better, then OU should be out as long as they have the same record. Problem with that is, Texas is still in the picture but the only team they lost to is out with just one loss to...

And by the way, Utah hasn't lost at all and has beaten two ranked teams in the last month so why aren't they in the conversation?

A coach's goal is more often than not to get better every week and be playing your best at the end of the season. In every genre of sport you are rewarded for this approach except, as you would have it, in major college football.

If we're just voting the hottest teams, then Florida gets in. But I'd like to vote in the hot teams that haven't lost a game like Florida lost. There's no excuse to lose at home to an unranked team. Had this happened to OU, I'd be the first to admit it should bar them from contending.

enough of this idiotic argument, please. FLA lost to Ole Miss at home- it was a long time ago and there is no denying how well FLA is playing and you are honestly saying that if the beat Bama in the SEC championship that they wouldn't deserve a spot in the NC game? ridiculous.

You Big 12 guys love the "losing to unranked Ole Miss at home" line - well ya know what? Ole Miss is a pretty solid football team that is #25 in the AP, and has some quality wins this season

Blah, blah, blah,blah Until we get a playoff system Blah,blah,blah

I'm really getting turned off by college football, not the game it is still great, but the arguing and all caused by the rankings and such. It is opinion based and every own has their own and in the end it doesn't solve poopy. And it's the some old things over and over. Just takes some of the enjoyability out of it.

I found it interesting that FOX didn't even bid on the BCS TV package this time :wacko: they might be working behind the scenes trying to get a playoff system with FOX being the network covering it.

Blah, blah, blah,blah Until we get a playoff system Blah,blah,blah

I'm really getting turned off by college football, not the game it is still great, but the arguing and all caused by the rankings and such. It is opinion based and every own has their own and in the end it doesn't solve poopy. And it's the some old things over and over. Just takes some of the enjoyability out of it.

I found it interesting that FOX didn't even bid on the BCS TV package this time :wacko: they might be working behind the scenes trying to get a playoff system with FOX being the network covering it.

Well as far as Fox not bidding, I say amen to that. Their coverage the past 2 years has been beyond awful, as they made the whole thing more about themselves than the game itself. Stick to NFL and Baseball. Stay out of college football 4 life please.

enough of this idiotic argument, please.

Idiotic? It's the main issue the voters are battling. If you were voting and looking at all the facts, this loss would play a significant role, no?

I realize that the present usually plays a bigger role in voting, but the past is still a portion.

Idiotic? It's the main issue the voters are battling. If you were voting and looking at all the facts, this loss would play a significant role, no?

I realize that the present usually plays a bigger role in voting, but the past is still a portion.

idiotic may be strong - but cmon you cant seriously think FLA wouldn't deserve to be in the NC game if they beat Bama? you just cant ignore the way they have been dismantling some pretty solid clubs of late -

as chitty as this whole mess that is the BCS - an OU/FLA game would be pretty damn good I guess..........

Anyone who thinks FLA should get in the NC game because of the way they are playing, needs to step back and look at OU. OU is dominating even more than FLA has, and just crushed the #2 team in the country by over 40 pts. LSU is now unranked, so how good really were they, and that is one of the big wins for FLA, same goes for Vandy and S Carolina. All ranked back then, but lets reevaluate the teams FLA really beat. So far their only impressive win imo is against GA, and GA isnt that good this year either. This is why there are rankings every week to look at who beat who, and re evaluate those wins and loses week to week. Every time LSU, Vandy, and S Carolina lose, that should hurt FLA, like it does every other team in the country, but it hasnt in the polls. Its like they just move on with FLA, oh they won this week, lets keep them up here in the top 3 or 4.

OU has dismantled ranked teams like #2 Tech, #15 TCU, #17 Cincy, and still get #12 Okie St.

Texas struggled at home against #12 Okie St, 28-24 and could have easily lost that game, they did lose to #7 Tech at that time, and their highlight win is over OU in which they trailed virtually the whole game until 7 minutes left to play.

FLA has punked alot of SEC teams that were good in years past, but are proving to be crap this year, and lost at home to Ole Miss who is getting glory for punking the same LSU team that FLA punked.

Im sorry, but if FLA beats Bama, then OU and Texas should play for all the marbles. Their resume is stronger and neither were embarassed at home with a loss to a team like Ole Miss. While both beat several still remaining top 25 teams, unlike FLA whose victories proved to be over rated as those teams continue to loss to average teams knocking them out of top 25.

I think the Bama /FLA winner getting a free pass to the title game if its FLA is a joke. Now if Bama wins that game, they certainly deserve to go, and deserve to be ranked #1. FLA wins, they shouldnt jump anyone now.

Call me selfish, but I want both FLA and Bama to earn a loss in the next 2 weeks, to end this argument about this conference. the top 2 teams in the country play in the Big 12 South, and they should play again for all the marbles.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

How great would it be to see Mizzou win the B12 championship?

+1 I am sure Mizzou is just gonna roll over and play dead....I don't care how

inferior a team may look you still can't just 100% overlook them and I haven't heard

a single soul say anything about what happens if Mizzou pulls the upset.