[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 13 Polls

budlitebrad

+1 I am sure Mizzou is just gonna roll over and play dead....I don't care how

inferior a team may look you still can't just 100% overlook them and I haven't heard

a single soul say anything about what happens if Mizzou pulls the upset.

We havent even determined who is playing Missouri yet, as they are already in that game, so no one is talking about them. And in the past calender year, OU has crushed Missouri twice and Texas once. No one is over looking Missouri, but until one of these teams get to that game, they wont be looking to Missouri either.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry, but if FLA beats Bama, then OU and Texas should play for all the marbles. Their resume is stronger and neither were embarassed at home with a loss to a team like Ole Miss. While both beat several still remaining top 25 teams, unlike FLA whose victories proved to be over rated as those teams continue to loss to average teams knocking them out of top 25.

I think the Bama /FLA winner getting a free pass to the title game if its FLA is a joke. Now if Bama wins that game, they certainly deserve to go, and deserve to be ranked #1. FLA wins, they shouldnt jump anyone now.

Call me selfish, but I want both FLA and Bama to earn a loss in the next 2 weeks, to end this argument about this conference. the top 2 teams in the country play in the Big 12 South, and they should play again for all the marbles.

yer outta yer mind - shocker -Big 12 homerism at it's finest.

You are on an island with this nonsense. You can't be serious that if FLA beats FSU (#20 BCS) and Bama they shouldn't be in the NC game? sorry partner they will be the consensus #1 seed - sell crazy somewhere else.

updated as of today IMO

FLA

OU

Bama

USC

UT

all about matchups IMO - I think USC would take out Texas and Bama pretty easily and struggle vs OU and FLA.

I have no problem at all with OU and FLA for all the marbles - props for the Sooners playing a legit non conference slate

Edited by wildcat2334

yer outta yer mind - shocker

You are on an island with this nonsense. You seriously can't be serious that if FLA beats FSU (#20 BCS) and Bama they shouldn't be in the NC game? sorry partner they will be the consensus #1 seed - sell crazy somewhere else.

updated as of today IMO

FLA

OU

Bama

USC

UT

all about matchups IMO - I think USC would take out Texas and Bama pretty easily and struggle vs OU and FLA.

I have no problem at all with OU and FLA for all the marbles - props for the Sooners playing a legit non conference slate

Texas and Ou have a bigger argument about playing in that game right now than FLA will have, period. And if they beat FSU, they wont be ranked any longer either, which goes to show when the best teams you play each week or borderline top 25 teams, and you skunk them, are they really top 25 teams. Most agree Bama isnt the best team in the country, but they are the only undefeated team in the BCS conferences. If Bama had lost to say Ole Miss at home, they wouldnt be in the top 5, but FLA is, which is the problem in my opinion.

And you have your opinion, and I have mine. I think Texas and OU deserve to play again if they win out, more than FLA being in that game. Their schedule is much tougher, OU has been even more impressive than FLA, and Texas beat OU. FLAs best win so far is GA, and does anyone think much of GA really?

You are on an island with this nonsense.

Not necessarily. Not saying that UF isn't playing some of the best ball right now, but right now as far as who they lost to UT, OU, and Bama all deserve to be there more. Even if Bama loses to Florida in a close one, it's hard to automatically put knock them down below #2, just because the lost to a better team. This is what makes the BCS so screwy, IMO.

We havent even determined who is playing Missouri yet, as they are already in that game, so no one is talking about them. And in the past calender year, OU has crushed Missouri twice and Texas once. No one is over looking Missouri, but until one of these teams get to that game, they wont be looking to Missouri either.

i am talking about all the pundits...in every scenario they talk about it is a forgone conclusion that whoever of the three (Texas, OU or TT) win the B12 is going to play in the NC....like I said Mizzou is getting overlooked since all the pundits are only talking about one of those 3 winning...and it doesnt matter how much past success they have had against Mizzou it is simply "wrong" to act as if that team doesnt even exist...at least that is my opinion

i am talking about all the pundits...in every scenario they talk about it is a forgone conclusion that whoever of the three (Texas, OU or TT) win the B12 is going to play in the NC....like I said Mizzou is getting overlooked since all the pundits are only talking about one of those 3 winning...and it doesnt matter how much past success they have had against Mizzou it is simply "wrong" to act as if that team doesnt even exist...at least that is my opinion

I agree. If OU gets to that game, Mizzou will be pumped after getting whipped twice last year. OU has lost several "can't lose" games as of late.

I do think this is a different OU this year and their defense appears to be getting better (looked great Saturday). But I'm still gun shy from the last few years so every big game makes me very nervous.

Not necessarily. Not saying that UF isn't playing some of the best ball right now, but right now as far as who they lost to UT, OU, and Bama all deserve to be there more. Even if Bama loses to Florida in a close one, it's hard to automatically put knock them down below #2, just because the lost to a better team. This is what makes the BCS so screwy, IMO.

Using that logic, why are you not inclined to include Boise St and Utah . Neither team has lost this season like OU and Tech have. We all know what happened the last time OU faced Boise St. I don't see anything different this year . Boise St would surprise the NCAA's worst Bowl coaching staff of all time....again.

Using that logic, why are you not inclined to include Boise St and Utah . Neither team has lost this season like OU and Tech have. We all know what happened the last time OU faced Boise St. I don't see anything different this year . Boise St would surprise the NCAA's worst Bowl coaching staff of all time....again.

Stalking for Sarge again? Did he break your heart?

Here is reality:

No one knows for sure who is better--USC, Texas, Florida, Oklahoma, Alabama, etc. We don't get a playoff, so we're unlikely to know.

If Florida wins out, like it or not, they'll be in the NC game. Most don't want to see a OK-Tx rematch--Most would rather see a OK-UF NC game.

If OK wins out, and does so in the style that they beat TT, they will be in the NC game.

Anyone who watched the OK-TT game is a bit afraid of OK right now. Anyone who has been watching UF the last several weeks is a bit afraid of UF right now.

If they have also beat some higher ranked teams, then yes. Who has Boise St and Utah beat? I know Utah beat TCU, but thats the only one that comes to mind. If an undefeated team has beat multiple high ranked teams then they deserve to be ranked high regardless of what conference they are in.

Here is reality:

No one knows for sure who is better--USC, Texas, Florida, Oklahoma, Alabama, etc. We don't get a playoff, so we're unlikely to know.

If Florida wins out, like it or not, they'll be in the NC game. Most don't want to see a OK-Tx rematch--Most would rather see a OK-UF NC game.

If OK wins out, and does so in the style that they beat TT, they will be in the NC game.

Anyone who watched the OK-TT game is a bit afraid of OK right now. Anyone who has been watching UF the last several weeks is a bit afraid of UF right now.

Which IMO isnt necessarily right.

Following up on that note. This year could be very similar to the Mich vs OSU #1, #2 . Where no one wanted a rematch and OSU was exposed by Florida.

I think it is eerily similar and see Florida pounding OU , Tech or Texas .

I didn't say it was right or wrong...I said it was reality.

OU blows out Oklahoma State (and Mizzou if they end up in the Big 12 game) and Florida struggles (but wins) against FSU and Alabama and I could see OU jumping ahead.

If they have also beat some higher ranked teams, then yes. Who has Boise St and Utah beat? I know Utah beat TCU, but thats the only one that comes to mind. If an undefeated team has beat multiple high ranked teams then they deserve to be ranked high regardless of what conference they are in.

Zia , there in lays the problem. Who are we, the AP, coaches or computers to say with any certainty who had a tougher road. As it plays out every week, teams are exposed. OSU was favored against Florida and got pounded. OU was to destroy WVU and Boise St and got humiliated. USC was to beat Oregon St. and the list is so long and covers every conference, it's obvious that parody is here to stay. There is no substantive evidence that Utah or Boise wouldn't beat Florida or OU , none at all. It's all subjective , so if we're just guessing, then we should be open to include those teams that have time and time again surprised us. I have absolutely no evidence to think OU would beat Boise St , in fact I do have some history that favors Boise.

Which IMO isnt necessarily right.

you people in Texas need to get out more.

All you do is focus on the Ole Miss loss, how about going the other way on focus on their wins which trump anything UT will have done this year. UT had a garbage NC sched - that is the main reason I give OU the nod over UT - more quality wins.period.

FLA (would they get there) would have beaten= UGA, USC, Bama, LSU, Miami, FSU,

Texas? OU, Mizzou and Ok State

BIG EDGE FLA

which will be reflected in every poll

Here is reality:

Don't Big 12 fans sound like the Big 10 fans did a couple of seasons ago. :wacko:

All we heard around this time of the year was how great their conference was that season. And what a wonderful Big 10 championship game they had. And how much the nation wanted to see another great matchup of these two powerful Big 10 teams playing in our NATIONAL college football championship.

Well most the nation didn't want to see it then and we certainly don't want to see a regional grudge match this season either. Heck I didn't even watch the first one between Texas and Oklahoma due to a golf game and I still don't want to see a rematch.

As far as we know, the Big 12 might just be as big of a fraud as the Big 10 was that season. How ironic would it be to see the SEC Champs once again slap some sense back into this latest arrogant conference. :D

Don't Big 12 fans sound like the Big 10 fans did a couple of seasons ago. :D

All we heard around this time of the year was how great their conference was that season. And what a wonderful Big 10 championship game they had. And how much the nation wanted to see another great matchup of these two powerful Big 10 teams playing in our NATIONAL college football championship.

Well most the nation didn't want to see it then and we certainly don't want to see a regional grudge match this season either. Heck I didn't even watch the first one between Texas and Oklahoma due to a golf game and I still don't want to see a rematch.

As far as we know, the Big 12 might just be as big of a fraud as the Big 10 was that season. How ironic would it be to see the SEC Champs once again slap some sense back into this latest arrogant conference. :D

And how ironic would it be, If FLA got the same medicine Texas tech just got, who will be screaming then, when all they did is beat up a weak conference this year, plus the Citadel :wacko:

IMO, FLA doesnt stand a chance from what I saw on Saturday night. They can run all the gadget plays they want, but OU showed how they chew that crap up and spit it out Saturday night. If you are going to beat this team, you will have to throw the ball down the field repeatedly, and Im not sure Tebow is accurate enough to get that done. Running the ball or those quick passes simply isnt going to get it done, and that is Flas bread and butter. And I can see FLA on defense maybe keeping the score close early, but the OU defense showed once again how potent they are when the game is in question, then lets up about when the game is completely out of hand, and they give up garbage TDs late while still leading by 40. My fear isnt FLA anymore, its Texas, and I still want to see that rematch to prove the first time was a fluke.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

And how ironic would it be, If FLA got the same medicine Texas tech just got, who will be screaming then, when all they did is beat up a weak conference this year, plus the Citadel :wacko:

IMO, FLA doesnt stand a chance from what I saw on Saturday night. They can run all the gadget plays they want, but OU showed how they chew that crap up and spit it out Saturday night. If you are going to beat this team, you will have to throw the ball down the field repeatedly, and Im not sure Tebow is accurate enough to get that done. Running the ball or those quick passes simply isnt going to get it done, and that is Flas bread and butter. And I can see FLA on defense maybe keeping the score close early, but the OU defense showed once again how potent they are when the game is in question, then lets up about when the game is completely out of hand, and they give up garbage TDs late while still leading by 40. My fear isnt FLA anymore, its Texas, and I still want to see that rematch to prove the first time was a fluke.

While I don't know who will win I will say this--Florida doesn't run "gadget" plays. I don't think you've watched much Florida football this year.

I find it surprising that you don't believe Florida would stand a chance. I know it may sound tired, but I think Florida's team speed may be as good as advertised. And there is no question about Meyer's ability as a big game coach.

I do admire your confidence in your team and in your football knowledge. Allow me to assert that sometimes you have proven that your sure bets are sometimes wrong. I think back to 2006 when I was assured that Ohio State would hand Florida a humiliating defeat.

While I don't know who will win I will say this--Florida doesn't run "gadget" plays. I don't think you've watched much Florida football this year.

I find it surprising that you don't believe Florida would stand a chance. I know it may sound tired, but I think Florida's team speed may be as good as advertised. And there is no question about Meyer's ability as a big game coach.

I do admire your confidence in your team and in your football knowledge. Allow me to assert that sometimes you have proven that your sure bets are sometimes wrong. I think back to 2006 when I was assured that Ohio State would hand Florida a humiliating defeat.

Is a "jump pass" a gadget play? :wacko:

you people in Texas need to get out more.

All you do is focus on the Ole Miss loss, how about going the other way on focus on their wins which trump anything UT will have done this year. UT had a garbage NC sched - that is the main reason I give OU the nod over UT - more quality wins.period.

FLA (would they get there) would have beaten= UGA, USC, Bama, LSU, Miami, FSU,

Texas? OU, Mizzou and Ok State

BIG EDGE FLA

which will be reflected in every poll

Oh yeah I forgot about those 7-4 powerhouses. :wacko: These are the "top teams" each team has played so far.

Here is UFs.

Miami 7-4

LSU 7-4

UGA 9-2

USC 7-4

Combined 30-14. Team they lost to was 7-4 Ole Miss.

Lets look at UTs top wins.

Oklahoma 10-1

Mizzou 9-2

OK St 9-2

Kansas 6-5

Combined 34-10. Team they lost to was 10-1 Texas Tech.

On to OU.

TCU 10-2

Nebraska 7-4

Texas Tech 10-1

Cincinnati 9-2

Combined 36-9. Team they lost to was 10-1 Texas.

And just for giggles (and because I am a fan :D ), we will look at Tech.

Nebraska 7-4

Texas 10-1

OK St 9-2

Kansas 6-5

Combined 32-12. Team they lost to was 10-1 Oklahoma

Now, first let me say this........ Florida is playing great right now, possibly even playing better than any team in the nation. But win/loss records and opponents should mean something. My point here is that OU, UT, and Tech are all 10-1right now, too and doing it against better teams. Their one loss all came agaiinst other 10-1 teams, while UFs came against a 7-4 team. I am not saying the Big 12 is the greatest conference or one of the Big 12 teams HAS to be in the NC game, but they have just a good an argument as Florida.

Oh yeah I forgot about those 7-4 powerhouses. :wacko: These are the "top teams" each team has played so far.

Here is UFs.

Miami 7-4

LSU 7-4

UGA 9-2

USC 7-4

Combined 30-14. Team they lost to was 7-4 Ole Miss.

Lets look at UTs top wins.

Oklahoma 10-1

Mizzou 9-2

OK St 9-2

Kansas 6-5

Combined 34-10. Team they lost to was 10-1 Texas Tech.

On to OU.

TCU 10-2

Nebraska 7-4

Texas Tech 10-1

Cincinnati 9-2

Combined 36-9. Team they lost to was 10-1 Texas.

And just for giggles (and because I am a fan :D ), we will look at Tech.

Nebraska 7-4

Texas 10-1

OK St 9-2

Kansas 6-5

Combined 32-12. Team they lost to was 10-1 Oklahoma

Now, first let me say this........ Florida is playing great right now, possibly even playing better than any team in the nation. But win/loss records and opponents should mean something. My point here is that OU, UT, and Tech are all 10-1right now, too and doing it against better teams. Their one loss all came agaiinst other 10-1 teams, while UFs came against a 7-4 team. I am not saying the Big 12 is the greatest conference or one of the Big 12 teams HAS to be in the NC game, but they have just a good an argument as Florida.

Just about every 10-1 team has an argument. The BCS is fkd.