[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fairest way to break a 3 way tie

Rockerbraves

Tell me how FLA deserves it more. They didnt beat anyone.

Sarge, it's comments like this that people don't take you seriously and that you lose cred.

How can you say Florida didn't beat anyone?

Hawaii

Miami

Tennessee

Arkansas

LSU

Kentucky

Georgia

Vanderbilt

South Carolina

Florida St

Alabama?

I would contend that they played a tougher schedule than your Sooners and that OU would not go through the schedule above undefeated. Their only "cupcake" was the Citadel.

I see no Chatanooga's, Washington's, Baylors, Kansas States, Texas A&M's on that schedule

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big 12 uses H2H too, but all of the Big 12 losses have come at the hands of the other one loss teams.

What he's saying is that the SEC does the same tie breaker as Big XII when there's a 3-way tie unless the two higher ranked teams are within 5 spots of each other, in which case it is determined by head-to-head between those two teams. I have no idea what happens in the unlikely event that all three are within 5 spots but I'll look it up.

Sarge, it's comments like this that people don't take you seriously and that you lose cred.

How can you say Florida didn't beat anyone?

Hawaii - unranked, please what a joke

Miami - unranked

Tennessee- please, joke

Arkansas - please, joke

LSU - unrnaked

Kentucky - please, joke

Georgia - ranked #13 and lost at home today to Ga Tech, dropping yet again in the polls, though this is the best they have played all year.

Vanderbilt - unranked

South Carolina - unranked, and lost yet again

Florida St - ranked #20, but lost again and will drop for sure

Alabama? - only game that can compare with what OU or Texas has done, but add 2 more of these type of games for both the Sooners and Texas

I would contend that they played a tougher schedule than your Sooners and that OU would not go through the schedule above undefeated. Their only "cupcake" was the Citadel.

I see no Chatanooga's, Washington's, Baylors, Kansas States, Texas A&M's on that schedule

Do you really want me to expose you and that schedule. Please. Look at what the Computers are saying, this is SOS all the way. Bama will be the first test they face all year, and they already lost to one unranked team before they finally beat up enough other trash in the SEC to get themselves ranked #25 this week.

Look at the teams OU has beaten that are ranked. And then look at this schedule again. Its no comparison, and there is a reason the computers have OU ahead of FLA. Its unbiased based on this sort of thing. Even a Bama win next week, probably wont put FLA in the top 2 of the computers.

Edited by Sgt Ryan

What he's saying is that the SEC does the same tie breaker as Big XII when there's a 3-way tie unless the two higher ranked teams are within 5 spots of each other, in which case it is determined by head-to-head between those two teams. I have no idea what happens in the unlikely event that all three are within 5 spots but I'll look it up.

News flash, Tech is within the top 5 of Texas and OU, so it doesnt really matter. All 3 have a legit gripe. Tonights game should decide things once and for all. A Sooner win and they go, A Sooner loss and Tech goes. Texas shouldnt have a shot in hell at this point, based on the polls, and what a win over #12 Okie St will do for OU in the computers.

Comparisons with other conferences aside, I don't want to hear anymore about how tough OU's schedule has been with regard to their interconference opponents because none of them have even played a team of note outside the Big XII. If UT, OU, Mizzou and TT were not already preseason ranked so high then far fewer people would be impressed by the fact that they're high flying offenses beating up on each other. Because other than doing just that they have done nothing to set themselves apart from the rest of the country. OU is obviously a good team and they're hanging their non-conference hat on TCU and Cincinnati. Good solid teams to be sure but certainly not national powers and noone else in the Big XII has come anywhere close to a TCU or Cincinnati on their schedule. This is not intended to bash OU so much as to point out the obvious flaw in the idea of a same conference NC game. Assuming the Sooners get in the big game, you just want another crack at Texas to prove to the world that "your" guys really are better. Just admit it.

News flash, Tech is within the top 5 of Texas and OU, so it doesnt really matter. All 3 have a legit gripe. Tonights game should decide things once and for all. A Sooner win and they go, A Sooner loss and Tech goes. Texas shouldnt have a shot in hell at this point, based on the polls, and what a win over #12 Okie St will do for OU in the computers.

No jackass, news flash to you! This isn't my opinion you self important dolt! Pay attention or just shut your friggin yap! I was explaining the actual manner by which the SEC arrives at their divisional representative, from the book, to someone who misunderstood the original attempt to explain it.

"The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the last weekend of regular-season games shall be the divisional representative in the SEC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game."

In case you get the overwhelming urge to say something else completely dimwitted I should warn you. The preceding stuff in quotes is not my opinion, it's taken directly from the SEC rulebook.

Most of the country is now hoping OSU takes out OU and saves them the embarrassment of a certain slaughter verse Florida.

The every Joe college football fan wants to see Florida and USC , those 2 teams are the best in the land and it's not even close. Everyone else being mentioned wouldn't stand a chance against those defenses.

Most of the country is now hoping OSU takes out OU and saves them the embarrassment of a certain slaughter verse Florida.

The every Joe college football fan wants to see Florida and USC , those 2 teams are the best in the land and it's not even close. Everyone else being mentioned wouldn't stand a chance against those defenses.

I don't. :wacko:

Do you really want me to expose you and that schedule. Please. Look at what the Computers are saying, this is SOS all the way. Bama will be the first test they face all year, and they already lost to one unranked team before they finally beat up enough other trash in the SEC to get themselves ranked #25 this week.

Look at the teams OU has beaten that are ranked. And then look at this schedule again. Its no comparison, and there is a reason the computers have OU ahead of FLA. Its unbiased based on this sort of thing. Even a Bama win next week, probably wont put FLA in the top 2 of the computers.

I'm convinced that your such a huge homer that you will NEVER see things for how they are. Oklahoma plays 5 weak teams. You can't say the same for Florida. Is there another Huddler that would ever make the claim that teams that play in the SEC are "trash"? You got ZERO credibility sir, zero.

No jackass, news flash to you! This isn't my opinion you self important dolt! Pay attention or just shut your friggin yap! I was explaining the actual manner by which the SEC arrives at their divisional representative, from the book, to someone who misunderstood the original attempt to explain it.

"The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the last weekend of regular-season games shall be the divisional representative in the SEC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the SEC Championship Game."

In case you get the overwhelming urge to say something else completely dimwitted I should warn you. The preceding stuff in quotes is not my opinion, it's taken directly from the SEC rulebook.

No joke idiot. I wasnt questioning the rule, I was saying the rule wouldnt apply as all are within 5 spots of each other. Do you even read before you respond.

I'm convinced that your such a huge homer that you will NEVER see things for how they are. Oklahoma plays 5 weak teams. You can't say the same for Florida. Is there another Huddler that would ever make the claim that teams that play in the SEC are "trash"? You got ZERO credibility sir, zero.

Tennesee, Citadel, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Vandy arent weak teams. Who are you kidding. Hell LSU is unranked, Ole Miss beat this team at home, GA and FSU both lost again today. FLA's SOS wasnt in OUs realm before today, and all these other loses by the teams FLA beat up on already, isnt helping their cause or your argument.

But as usual you post your argument on what helps your cause. What about the strength of FLAs schedule, vs the strength of OUs. That isnt even close either. But whatever.

Im sure you think SC should get credit as well for beating ND, a team Syracuse just beat. :wacko:

Tennesee, Citadel, Kentucky, Arkansas, and Vandy arent weak teams. Who are you kidding. Hell LSU is unranked, Ole Miss beat this team at home, GA and FSU both lost again today. FLA's SOS wasnt in OUs realm before today, and all these other loses by the teams FLA beat up on already, isnt helping their cause or your argument.

But as usual you post your argument on what helps your cause. What about the strength of FLAs schedule, vs the strength of OUs. That isnt even close either. But whatever.

Im sure you think SC should get credit as well for beating ND, a team Syracuse just beat. :wacko:

Are you thinking a OU vs Texas National Championship then?

If you consider Fla trash assuming they beat Bama of course, who do you think should be in USC that you kind of just dimissed.

I'm guessing the only other option is USC vs OU right. I'm just trying to figure what your feeling here.

Edited by sacosud

No joke idiot. I wasnt questioning the rule, I was saying the rule wouldnt apply as all are within 5 spots of each other. Do you even read before you respond.

My bad. Here I thought you were being an my pretty because you thought I was giving my take on the rule. Turns out you're just not very bright. If you had actually read that post then you would have realized that the lowest ranked of the three is not considered in the equation. Notice TT was not mentioned nor was the third highest ranked team? Probably not but I will expect an asinine response nonetheless.