[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Civil War

sacosud

Sorry but there are very few teams that can boast elite out of conference opponents like Ohio State. USC is one. Personally I think Ohio State will have no problem with a Big 12 team in a BCS game. If they draw Alabama in a Sugar Bowl game if Bama loses to Florida, then they might have some problems. If Ohio State gets a Big 12 team... mark it up... Beanie goes for 250 + without breaking a sweat on those pathetic defenses. And none of them have seen a defense that comes close to Ohio States. Big 12 will go 0-2 in BCS games this year.

Then you must also agree that UC and BC don't belong in the BCS , a 2 loss and 3 loss team. Oregon St could have made it to the Rose Bowl with 3 losses too. OSU is more deserving then all 3 of those schools and would beat any of them. I realize Boise St whipped up on OU , but this OSU team is much better then that OU team. As far as OCC , we've played home and home vs Texas, USC and OU is next. Not many schools have that on the docket.

Well the short answer is that I do agree that UC and BC/V Tech don't belong in these games either, but that's how it is set up. Again, I'd just as soon as blow the whole thing up.

I was simply responding to you boasting on OSU considering that you, yourself mentioned that if they get it, it's because of how well they travel.

Also, I'm not speaking in general about their OOC, but rather how it has shaken out of late. They got more miles than they deserved out of the 2nd Texas game because UT was ranked top 2 at the time of that game. By the end of that year, they were nothing more than simply good. Their other "impressive win" was against a Michigan team that was exposed mightily by USC in the Rose Bowl.

Last year their OOC schedule was atrocious and this year, they had exactly one OOC game against anyone and were soundly beaten in that game.

So, I'm just trying to put things into perspective. You see a great run. I see things breaking just right for a team that has beaten basically nobody all that impressive for 3 years. Seriously, point to any significant victories that you can hang your hat on over the last 3 years.

2006: Texas and Michigan both good but not great. Then out-classed in NC game

2007: Nobody even that good and a loss to Ill who was spanked in the Rose Bowl. Out-classed in NC game.

2008: Again, nobody better than OK/good and were totally handled by USC

What about that is worth thumping your chest over? Considering that this year's resume is a good stretch weaker than the previous two, I don't think it's asking too much to let them drop down a few notches in terms of who they get in January.

That said, I'm not saying they couldn't beat UC or the ACC rep.

Yes but while you say Texas and Michigan weren't great, who then, played and beat great teams? Because the Big Ten was "down" the last 2 years, isn't Ohio States fault. They still went out and won those games. I would argue that the only team that Florida beat that year that was great was LSU. And really, what did they prove? That they could thump Notre Dame? Michigan did that in South Bend, and USC did that as well. So really, who did Florida beat that was great? Was Ohio State great? Certainly not Tennessee, they lost to one of those terrible Big Ten teams that Ohio State beat. Maybe Arkansas? Oh another team that got beat by a worthless Big Ten team. Certainly no one would suggest that anyone on Florida's non conference schedule that year was better than Texas. I'm not going to argue with you about 2007, other than to say that NOBODY in 2007 would be what I consider great. A 2 loss team won the national championship. If that isn't a symbol of overall mediocrity in the college football landscape, then I don't know what is.

Yes but while you say Texas and Michigan weren't great, who then, played and beat great teams? Because the Big Ten was "down" the last 2 years, isn't Ohio States fault. They still went out and won those games. I would argue that the only team that Florida beat that year that was great was LSU. And really, what did they prove? That they could thump Notre Dame? Michigan did that in South Bend, and USC did that as well. So really, who did Florida beat that was great? Was Ohio State great? Certainly not Tennessee, they lost to one of those terrible Big Ten teams that Ohio State beat. Maybe Arkansas? Oh another team that got beat by a worthless Big Ten team. Certainly no one would suggest that anyone on Florida's non conference schedule that year was better than Texas. I'm not going to argue with you about 2007, other than to say that NOBODY in 2007 would be what I consider great. A 2 loss team won the national championship. If that isn't a symbol of overall mediocrity in the college football landscape, then I don't know what is.

Listen, all I'm doing is trying to put this "amazing run" that TOSU keeps thumping his chest over in perspective.

One minute he justifies that they'll make a BCS game because they travel well. The next he acts like that should be another feather in the cap for the team itself.

As for the last two years. Yes, they can only play the teams in front of them. They obviously "earned" a spot in the NC game in 2006 by virtue of being the only undefeated team among BCS schools. I don't deny this. Last year, they had as much a claim as anyone. However, as was born out in both NC games as well as this years USC game, they've simply been proven to be something less than great when faced with elite competition.

That doesn't seem like something anyone should beat their chest over. That they've managed to parlay a few down years in the Big 10, a OOC game against a team that just won the NC game but wasn't really that great, etc into some nice records.

Big deal.