[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas gets hosed by the computer

theeohiostate

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoops just said on his press conference that ABC wanted him to do an interview stating his case during the A&M/UT game. He didn't think it was right and declined. Of course Mack Brown did an interview last night during the OU/OSU game.

Mack just got owned...again.

good point-

Mack Brown is a clown. Every time I hear his high-pitched whiny azz voice campaign for his Horns I want to vomit.

under the current wack system OU has the better resume and deserves the #2 ranking ahead of UT. period.

The BCS has always been a SHAM, continues to be a SHAM, and will always be a SHAM.

There is no National Champion, only a beauty contest and to argue about it makes all of you that do it look like complete morans through and through.

With my charming disposition and overwhelmingly blue eyes, I am certainly a favorite to win any beauty contest.

OK, I wasnt going to get involved in this. But you are suppose to be an IDP guru. Are you telling me losing your best LB to a redshirt Freshman, doesnt or didnt make a difference. Crap, just watch the game, they only said Reynolds loss was exposed over and over. Not Texas fault for sure, but it made a difference. And he was lost with OU leading the game. Also a kickoff return for a TD, was 7 of those 20 in the first half. Im not making excuses, I think his loss certainly hurt the Sooners, but Im not ready to make that an excuse. But his loss certainly had something to do with Texas rolling in the 2nd half. Certainly you wont argue this.

Hey Penguin, reading comprehension 101... PON essentially said that the Sooners would have "definitely won" had Reynolds been there the entire game. Who's to say for sure? I was merely saying it was speculation that it would have guaranteed a Sooners' victory. It's as inane as saying the Longhorns would have "definitely" won had Orakpo and Cosby been available the entire game against the Red Raiders. Speculation.

You are "suppose" to be able to read and write, but we all know how that all turns out.

Another day, more diarrhea of the mouth from Private Clown.

Edited by darin3

You Ohio state guys kill me. Yall sit here and spew that Saxet got screwed, oh poor ole UT, they won H2H on a neutral field, yadda yadda yadda. The H2H wins in a 3 way dont mean a DAM thing cause everytime you use the H2H crap you open it for Techies, and then when Tech opens their mouth so do we. Point is we had the better schedule this year and Saxet didnt get in nor did TT.

Food for thought:

I think in this 3 way tie crap there is no argument that holds water for UT or TT. If you look at the point totals for UT, TT and OU, ( for the H2H games among the 3) its as follows UT:78-74 (+4), TT: 60-98 (-38), and OU 100-66 (+34) we win that comparision. Now as for common oppenetes big 12 south teams) UT is : 200-128 (+72), TT: 194-171(+23) and OU 276-152 (+124) we win the comparision as well. And not to mention we played the Big East champ Cincy and TCU who are both ranked inside the top 15.

So you OSU clowns keep on spewing about Saxet, I think we all can agree that in a three way no one way is better than the other to decide who goes and who gets left out, but all three teams involvoed knew the rule before the season started.

So plaese quit making yourself look like complete IDIOTS and stop with the H2H crap it does not hold water!!

Oh and btw TOSU the USA Today poll is the COACHES poll, are you really so out of it that you didnt already know this??? :wacko::D:D

You Ohio state guys kill me. Yall sit here and spew that Saxet got screwed, oh poor ole UT, they won H2H on a neutral field, yadda yadda yadda. The H2H wins in a 3 way dont mean a DAM thing cause everytime you use the H2H crap you open it for Techies, and then when Tech opens their mouth so do we. Point is we had the better schedule this year and Saxet didnt get in nor did TT.

What a moron.

The only teams in consideration for the NC Game are OU and Texas. H2H was the only thing to separate them. How else can you explain a COMPLETE turn around by both human polls towards Texas ? You can't cause your a brackward arse hick.

Texas 45

OU 35

Live with it, a gliche in the system is the only reason the horrible defense will be in the NC Game getting embarrassed again. 1st USC, then Boise St, WVA now Florida.

What are you clowns going to come up with next.

Please defend the FACT that OU lost to TEXAS . Why should OU go over Texas....................explain away :wacko:

Please defend the FACT that OU lost to TEXAS . Why should OU go over Texas....................explain away :wacko:

TOS...come on man. You really cannot be that obtuse. Should I dig up that previous post a month ago where you said if Tech beats Texas and OU beats Tech then all cards are off the table? Why are you flipping now?

In a situation like this, H2H doesn't work without bringing in a tie-breaker. Otherwise Tech would have rights over Texas. You cannot just say use the BCS to throw Tech out, but don't use the BCS to determine the Texas/OU tie. How fair would that be?

The system is not perfect. But with my bias aside, I think OU is the best team right now in the Big 12 south and deserves to go. I have the same concerns as everyone regarding their defense and special teams. But whoever they face will more than likely have to throw up a ton of points to win. And really that's all that matters. I don't mind OU giving up 40 when they're scoring 60.

What a moron.

The only teams in consideration for the NC Game are OU and Texas. H2H was the only thing to separate them. How else can you explain a COMPLETE turn around by both human polls towards Texas ? You can't cause your a brackward arse hick.

Texas 45

OU 35

Live with it, a gliche in the system is the only reason the horrible defense will be in the NC Game getting embarrassed again. 1st USC, then Boise St, WVA now Florida.

I am not trying to say OU belongs in NC game, just that they deserve to be in the Big 12 title game. So the H2H crap doesnt matter as we have one more game to play whether it be UT, TT, or OU they all have the right to be in the Big 12 title game, and then the winner of that game has the right to play for the NC. So had OSU beat OU last night then all the spewing you are doing would not have happened as TT would be going to Big 12 title game and Saxet still gets left out in the cold.......Face it I am stating facts and you sir are the Idiot this go araound, No OU fan on this site is arguing that OU is going to play for the NC just the Big 12 title game, but if we win that we will belong in the NC....................

That being said while I enjoy seeing tu get rolled I do admit that this is a royal screwing.

Someone was going to get screwed this year. TT beat UT, UT beat OU, and OU killed TT. This is what happens when you put your season in someone elses hands.

Hey Penguin, reading comprehension 101... PON essentially said that the Sooners would have "definitely won" had Reynolds been there the entire game. Who's to say for sure? I was merely saying it was speculation that it would have guaranteed a Sooners' victory. It's as inane as saying the Longhorns would have "definitely" won had Orakpo and Cosby been available the entire game against the Red Raiders. Speculation.

You are "suppose" to be able to read and write, but we all know how that all turns out.

All I know is that OU was a different team without Reynolds in there. Completely different attitude, and tempo. I do think UT doesn't roll nearly as much as they did with him in there.

I do think the best team out of the Big 12 south is OU. You can't deny what they did to Texas Tech... An absolute ass beating.

And I'll now bow out and watch you guys battle this out.

I just want to ask you one thing d. Did you have to look up "diarrhea" when you posted this for the spelling? :wacko: But I do agee with the context of your argument.

Someone was going to get screwed this year. TT beat UT, UT beat OU, and OU killed TT. This is what happens when you put your season in someone elses hands.

All I know is that OU was a different team without Reynolds in there. Completely different attitude, and tempo. I do think UT doesn't roll nearly as much as they did with him in there.

I do think the best team out of the Big 12 south is OU. You can't deny what they did to Texas Tech... An absolute ass beating.

And I'll now bow out and watch you guys battle this out.

WOW, is the sky falling. We actually agree on something.

OK, Ill give you another question to redeem yourself. Tell me who is better Dallas or greenbay? :wacko:

Hey Bass boy, tell me something. What happened in the first half in the Tech/Texas game when those scrubs you speak of were in the game. Complete annihilation. Texas actually got better when those guys were out. :wacko:

And I do think Reynolds injury cost OU the game, but I didnt use it as an excuse at the time, now am I looking at it now. OU is going to the Big 12 Championship game, and Texas isnt. Its that simple. BTW, I wouldnt expect you to know what Reynolds brought to the table to the OU defense. You would have to have a clue about defense in general to get it, and by your posts and articles, clearly that isnt the case. Man, I so enjoyed schooling your ass in IDP leagues. We are going to have to get in a league together next year. I miss kicking your ass and proving to you, you dont know crap about IDP.

Besides the obvious answer that the BCS as a whole is a sham, the biggest sham here is the fact that the voters moved UT either ahead of or closer to OU by virtue of this weekend's results. UT pummeled a poor A&M team but OU beat a team ranked #12 by 20 on the road. There's no way in hell that should result in anyone changing their rankings unless they have some agenda. But it seems they do.

If the voters thought UT should be ranked ahead of OU by virtue of beating them H2H, why were they not ranked ahead of them going into the weekend? If that was so important, they should have never slipped below OU at any point after they beat them. But they did. Why? Because they lost to Tech and then OU subsequently pummeled that same Tech team. I mean pummeled. I recall joking with friends about the FL/Citadel game and then realized at halftime that OU was on pace to beat Tech even worse than FL beat Citadel.

Leading up to the weekend, we all knew the deal. If any of the big 3 from the the Big 12 south lost, then the situation would clear itself up. Well, guess what? None did, so we were back at the 3-way tie. And it's not as if Tech is a complete non-issue here, they're still top 10. Head to head is all good unless 3 elite teams all beat each other. Well, that's what happened, so H2H is not as important.

To be honest, I am a huge, huge, hugh proponent of H2H being among the most important factors in ranking teams. However, this is just such a case where it shouldn't be all important. Like others have said, if it's all that, why is Tech ranked behind UT? You're so quick to write them off but, had OU lost, Tech would be going to the Big 12 title game.

Edited by detlef

Besides the obvious answer that the BCS as a whole is a sham, the biggest sham here is the fact that the voters moved UT either ahead of or closer to OU by virtue of this weekend's results. UT pummeled a poor A&M team but OU beat a team ranked #12 by 20 on the road. There's no way in hell that should result in anyone changing their rankings unless they have some agenda. But it seems they do.

If the voters thought UT should be ranked ahead of OU by virtue of beating them H2H, why were they not ranked ahead of them going into the weekend? If that was so important, they should have never slipped below OU at any point after they beat them. But they did. Why? Because they lost to Tech and then OU subsequently pummeled that same Tech team. I mean pummeled. I recall joking with friends about the FL/Citadel game and then realized at halftime that OU was on pace to beat Tech even worse than FL beat Citadel.

Leading up to the weekend, we all knew the deal. If any of the big 3 from the the Big 12 south lost, then the situation would clear itself up. Well, guess what? None did, so we were back at the 3-way tie. And it's not as if Tech is a complete non-issue here, they're still top 10. Head to head is all good unless 3 elite teams all beat each other. Well, that's what happened, so H2H is not as important.

To be honest, I am a huge, huge, hugh proponent of H2H being among the most important factors in ranking teams. However, this is just such a case where it shouldn't be all important. Like others have said, if it's all that, why is Tech ranked behind UT? You're so quick to write them off but, had OU lost, Tech would be going to the BCS title game.

+1 At least the computers are consistent, if nothing else. All these coaches are crying for a playoff, yet they vote in the USA Today poll, which can be a huge conflict of interest and has no transparency.

The current system sucks. We need a playoff. Texas and TT got screwed. Regardless of who was going to go, two teams would be getting shafted. I still think that the Texas, TT and OU can beat any team in any other conference.

What a moron.

Texas 45

OU 35

Careful with your moron insults as you sir are a complete IDIOT trying to state facts, that UT was ahead 2-1 in the human polls, lmfao @ that.

And how do I defend OU going over UT

UT 33

TT 39

TT 21

OU 65

That should about do it..............

Edited by LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe

FWIW, someone on another message board had what I thought was a very good idea when it comes to conf. championships games. If 2 teams from the same division are ranked higher than the team in the other div., then those 2 teams play in the CC. This way OU and UT would play each other for the chance to go to the NC game. In the SEC this year, it works out that UF and Bama are the 2 highest ranked teams. But in the past, for instance UF playing Arkansas one year where they could have played Georgia or Tenn again. How many times has one division in a conference been obviously weaker than the other? This, of course, will never happen but I thought it was a good idea.

FWIW, someone on another message board had what I thought was a very good idea when it comes to conf. championships games. If 2 teams from the same division are ranked higher than the team in the other div., then those 2 teams play in the CC. This way OU and UT would play each other for the chance to go to the NC game. In the SEC this year, it works out that UF and Bama are the 2 highest ranked teams. But in the past, for instance UF playing Arkansas one year where they could have played Georgia or Tenn again. How many times has one division in a conference been obviously weaker than the other? This, of course, will never happen but I thought it was a good idea.

Pretty sure if the Big 12 used the SEC tie-breaker Texas would have gotten the nod over Oklahoma.